Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I dont know how to feel about this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jizzing everywhere would be my reaction, i hate you all

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we sign peyton? I can't read twitter on my phone ???
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!! (10 char.)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Did we sign peyton? I can't read twitter on my phone ???
No. But a Houston Texans beat writer (30 years of experience) says he has heard that Peyton is headed to SF.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow if true. I thought it was all smokescreen.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man if you guys get Payton with the FA pickups of Moss and Mario. Wow. SB favorites IMO.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Gonna be a bit disappointed if Manningham gets more than Morgan, mainly cause I like him a lot. Anyone heard anything about the terms of the contract?

I would be pumped to sign Manning, but honestly would be a little sad to see Alex leave. The man has just overcome so much, and it was amazing to watch him succeed last year.

I think Alex overcoming all the haters made last year's run even better. Made the victories more special.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this John McClain guy is an on-air sports radio personality in Nashville, TN of all places.

Perhaps what he was alluding to in his tweet (Titans.)
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I think Alex overcoming all the haters made last year's run even better. Made the victories more special.
I agree 100% but if Manning is even 80% of what he was before, my god, it could be glorious.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this turns out to be true and we will be signing Manning, how's this for funny ......

For years, we've all wanted an awesome franchise QB and now that we may have one, we're all probably 50/50 on it. LMFAO!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I would be pumped to sign Manning, but honestly would be a little sad to see Alex leave. The man has just overcome so much, and it was amazing to watch him succeed last year.

I'm on your side as far as Alex goes but we can't worry about that until it happens. If it does, I will root hard for him. I hope he doesn't go to Seattle.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I agree 100% but if Manning is even 80% of what he was before, my god, it could be glorious.
Yeah, instead of arguing if the 49ers QB is a "top-15 QB" we can argue if their QB is "top-5 of ALL-TIME."
Old 03-18-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
For years, we've all wanted an awesome franchise QB and now that we may have one, we're all probably 50/50 on it. LMFAO!!!!!
Whether or not many of us have been willing to admit it, I think the majority of us have come to (at the very least) respect Alex Smith this year, and, thus, no longer wish for him to be jettisoned from San Fran.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030
Gonna be a bit disappointed if Manningham gets more than Morgan, mainly cause I like him a lot. Anyone heard anything about the terms of the contract?

I would be surprised if Manningham gets more than Morgan. Maybe the same. Both are basically two year deals so we'll see. I'm more concerned about seeing what Manning gets if he's coming to SF.

As for Smith......I never liked the guy but I never hated him either. Wanted to keep him this year but man.....I dont even know what to say. I'm literally torn. :(

I do hope one thing though.....that the locker room doesnt get pissed at Harbaugh for what he built in 2011 and turn on him. And I really hope that it doesnt turn out that Smith was screwed because then I think that the locker room turning on Harbaugh/Baalke could be a huge problem.

UGH. I'm happy and pissed at the same time (as usual) LOL.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith has played the good soldier and went through a lot of b.s. and it was good to see him finally enjoy some success. He kind of grew on a lot of people with his perserverence, so if he does end up leaving it would be sad in a way but that's the nature of this business. Think of some of the players we have had to watch finish their careers elsewhere. Lott, Rice, Montana in other uniforms...
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Whether or not many of us have been willing to admit it, I think the majority of us have come to (at the very least) respect Alex Smith this year, and, thus, no longer wish for him to be jettisoned from San Fran.
Agree 100%. I just hope that if we did/do sign Manning, Smith wasnt screwed over in the process and I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to SEA (unless they sign Flynn) and all of a sudden gets pissed off and plays better than ever.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Especially since his arrival really was the start of one of the darkest periods of Niner history. And having him be one of the main aspects of their revival shows a lot of determination and character strength. Tons of respect to him.

I 100 percent support a Manning signing, especially since I like Kaepernick a lot. Perfect scenario to develop CK, while also competing for championships. It feels like Niners Christmas. Hoping for an awesome present, but I also knowing that gift comes with the end of a great year and a great Niner...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's a thought I just had and yeah, its probably not a good one but if we sign Manning, what are the chances that we also sign C Jeff Saturday and move Goodwin to start at RG?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Here's a thought I just had and yeah, its probably not a good one but if we sign Manning, what are the chances that we also sign C Jeff Saturday and move Goodwin to start at RG?
zero to ziltch

Old 03-18-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Manningham is a 49er!!!

2 year deal.
Nice addition. Does this make Crabtree the number three? I'm guessing so.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes , I'll miss Alex too. I knew his problems were more systematic than anything else. It was great seeing the niner fans who blamed him for eveRything lIck his nuts last year..........but this is Peyton freaking Manning. Everyone in the league is gonna be freaking scared of us if we pull this off.

And signing Manningham for two years? Perfect, our FO RULES.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF Manning signs I'll be torn, yes I'd love a QB of his talent & stature but I can't help think that Alex has been ****** over in the process & that just doesn't sit well with me. The dishonesty & the behind the scenes manipulation is unbecoming to a team of this stature. Should it happen I wish Alex well, he's never got a fair shake from the fans & the media despite his best intentions. If its time Alex my thanks to you

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex visiting Miami Sunday.

Baalke, your poker face better be world class.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Alex visiting Miami Sunday.

Baalke, your poker face better be world class.
What a crazy offseason. Dolphins beat writer Ben Volin claims the interest is legit.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote