Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't wish Lutui on my worst enemies...wait yes I would

Sign him please :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Lutui is pooh.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

As long as you guys promise to sign Chilo Rachal.

I would sign Lutui just for the fact that I have always wanted a lineman who is teetering near 400 pounds.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

He has issues but it wouldnt hurt to kick the tires and see if a change of scenery could motivate him. If were talking to Davis, might as well give Deuce a look. Their both equally bad. At least Deuce is younger :S
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I agree with that, Deuce actually had 1 decent season in AZ but every other year he has been entirely out of shape and just useless, which is hard to do with John Lott as your S&C coach

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...llace-but.html

Quote:
The 49ers did indeed make an inquiry about the Steelers restricted free agent during the opening week of free agency. But they and the other teams that asked about Wallace were told the receiver was looking for a lot of money.

How much? A league source said that Wallace, 25, wants a contract that surpasses the eight-year, $120 million deal that Larry Fitzgerald signed last year with the Cardinals. Combine that with the first-round pick any team that signs Wallace to an offer sheet would lose if the Steelers didn't match the offer, and you start to understand why we've heard so little about Wallace in the last week and a half.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#storylink=cpy
Now, shut the hell up about Mike Wallace, Dan.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...llace-but.html

Now, shut the hell up about Mike Wallace, Dan.
I hope thats speculation. He can't seriously believe he is worth Fitz type of money.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I hope thats speculation. He can't seriously believe he is worth Fitz type of money.
Doubtful, looks like he is plotting for 2013 to become an UFA. Not a bad strategy sign tender, play it out, and get V-Jax type money.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read that on PFT about Wallace. That cant be true. No damn way is he worth that. Only way I would have signed him to that would be if the last two years had $30m in base salary for each of those last two years since he would never see that $60m and thus, he would have been given $10m per year which is the highest I would go. Wouldnt care about the phony money since I would either release him before then or restructure his contract.

Either way, its not happening. :(
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all you guys who are obsessed with Fleener, he just ran an (unofficial) 4.45 40
Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I just read that on PFT about Wallace. That cant be true. No damn way is he worth that. Only way I would have signed him to that would be if the last two years had $30m in base salary for each of those last two years since he would never see that $60m and thus, he would have been given $10m per year which is the highest I would go. Wouldnt care about the phony money since I would either release him before then or restructure his contract.

A base salary can't increase beyond a certain percentage from year to year, so you can't put a bunch of phony money on the back end.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A base salary can't increase beyond a certain percentage from year to year, so you can't put a bunch of phony money on the back end.
Looking at the Calvin Johnson contract, you can still backload a heavy amount of money in the base salary so if I have to do that with the last four years or even five years, so be it. Where there's a will, there's a way. Of course, I think that report is bullcrap anyway and would be surprised if it was true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I dont know why you're laughing??? If Moss and Manningham fail (which I wouldnt be surprised one bit) and we're in the same situation next off-season, will you still be laughing?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
For all you guys who are obsessed with Fleener, he just ran an (unofficial) 4.45 40
Maiocco had 4.42, 4.45 and Barrows had 4.44 and 4.50. Great times for a guy that size. For comparsion Evan Silva brought up how Rob Gronkowski ran 4.65 with the wind & 4.73 at his pro day. Fleener also put up 10 ft broad jump and 37" vertical. Legit red zone threat.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know why you're laughing??? If Moss and Manningham fail (which I wouldnt be surprised one bit) and we're in the same situation next off-season, will you still be laughing?
I'm a pretty cynical individual, but you seriously have zero optimism.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome back, Teddy.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it now looks like Kyle Williams will be struggling for a roster spot with the re-signing of Ginn, and the drafting of a WR.

With all these WRs coming in, i wonder if this eliminates one in the first...
Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baalke can truly target BPA (or move up or down)
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So it now looks like Kyle Williams will be struggling for a roster spot with the re-signing of Ginn, and the drafting of a WR.

First thought (Williams) that crossed my mind as well. Usually guys that low on the depth chart have to prove their value on ST and we know the 49ers aren't going to put Williams out there.

I still think they will look for a WR with their first two picks. Don't know the figures on Super Mario's deal but him, along with Moss and Ginn, are on short term deals. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have as much depth as possible at WR after last season.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-22-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn we got pretty much all of our good players back. Next year 2012 it's going down. Super Bowl!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shame we lost Snyder but he wasn't the answer at RG. At least not in the long term. What made him look good was the fact that Chilo is really bad. Really hope we sign a RG because Kilgore and a first rounder(besides DeCastro) ain't gonna do it.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Details on Alex's deal from Jason La Confora:
Quote:
Alex Smith's 3 yr deal does not include sign bonus. Worth $8M in 2012; with a $5M guar. base salary, $3M roster bonus (+$1.25M incentives)
In 2013 Smith has guaranteed salary of $7.5M, $1M roster bonus ($1.25M incentives). 2014 base of $7.5M is not guar. Easy out after 2013
So in essence, could make the case its a 2-yr, $16.5M commitment from SF to Alex Smith, with the bulk of it guaranteed.
Very good deal for the 49ers.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-22-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

A few thoughts -

1) In regards to WR, optimistic about what? A 35 year old WR? Sorry, im optimistic about Moss doing good or even making it through the entire season. I'm more optimistic about Manningham but at the same time, he's just another second tier WR. Solid at best but thats it. I do think that he'll do better than Moss though. Crabtree?? He could be our number one WR but doesnt have the desire or work ethic to become that guy. I'm optimistic that he'll have another solid season at best but once again, fail to surpass expectations of being the 10th overall draft pick. Williams? Actually, im the most optimistic about him breaking out in 2012 especially if the others play as good as some are expecting and hoping them too. Our WR core is better than 2011 but at the same time, thats not exactly saying much either.

2) Regarding WR Kyle Williams, he like Manningham has two years left on his contract. Moss is a one year (if that) stopgap and Ginn while being under a one year contract as well is mainly just our kick/punt returner. He sucks as a receiver. Depth chart wise, Crabtree, Manningham, Moss, Williams and Ginn would be my guess right now but it all really depends on Moss. He can be anywhere from our number one WR easily or to being gone by opening kickoff. Either way, im hoping Harbaugh keeps Williams. He's young, has potential and upside and at the very least should be given the chance to redeem himself from the Giants game even though im probably the only one who doesnt blame him for costing us the game.

3) RG wise, Snyder isnt great but he's still better than all those other veterans I quoted earlier and far better than Rachal. Most importantly, keeping Snyder would have kept the starting OL intact and thus the chemistry and knowing each other on the OL would remain intact. I dont think any of those veteran OG's are any better than Snyder and yes, I have seen some of them play and considering the teams they were on and were let go, obviously they werent that good to begin with.

4) TE Coby Fleener did better than I was expecting at his pro day and if he's there at 30, we should definitely take him because unlike Moss, Manningham, Ginn and even Williams would be here far longer than two years and could easily be the next Jimmy Graham type TE. I'm having goosebumps already. He's still number one on my wish list at 30 followed by Hill and an OG.

5) Basically, Smith's contract is $15m guaranteed for two years. Good deal for SF but not that bad for Smith either. Still funny that we even went after Manning like there was ever a chance in hell that Baalke was going to pay Manning what he received in DEN.

P.S. - Happy we re-signed Ginn. :) I'm actually more optimistic now than I was a week ago. And if we somehow have the chance to draft Fleener at 30 and take him, I'll be a happy camper. :)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

WOW Dan said he is happy about something on the 49ers!!!!

REJOICE!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Crabtree?? He could be our number one WR but doesnt have the desire or work ethic to become that guy.
I always love how people jump to this assumption. You have absolutely zero knowledge of his desire or his work ethic. Nor do I.