Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Looking at the Calvin Johnson contract, you can still backload a heavy amount of money in the base salary so if I have to do that with the last four years or even five years, so be it. Where there's a will, there's a way. Of course, I think that report is bullcrap anyway and would be surprised if it was true.

I dont know why you're laughing??? If Moss and Manningham fail (which I wouldnt be surprised one bit) and we're in the same situation next off-season, will you still be laughing?
Yes I love the hypothetical game. If Wallace breaks his leg in training camp are you going to still be pissed the the 49ers didn't pick him up?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
So it now looks like Kyle Williams will be struggling for a roster spot with the re-signing of Ginn, and the drafting of a WR.

With all these WRs coming in, i wonder if this eliminates one in the first...
I dont think anyone should count on Ginn's contributions as a WR. He is who he is.....a return man who catches passes occasionally. K-10's road to the 53 will be tougher, but not because Ted Ginn is back. Hopefully because the talent at WR will be vastly improved after the draft and free agency.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Eric_Branch: The #49ers have signed QB Josh Johnson to a two-year deal, per a league source.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
@Eric_Branch: The #49ers have signed QB Josh Johnson to a two-year deal, per a league source.
Noice......very noice.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "beloved son" reunites with Harbuagh. I don't like that this will take reps away from Kaepernick but at least the 49ers have experience ,behind Alex, in case something happens.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found this amusing:

RT @mattbarrows: What bad blood? Hearing that Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick and newcomer Josh Johnson played racquetball together today.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I always love how people jump to this assumption. You have absolutely zero knowledge of his desire or his work ethic. Nor do I.
When you miss games from the rookie season to hold out for more money despite the fact that you're already getting paid enough money to begin with and havent participated in TC and PreSeason for an entire career for whatever reason, I would say that its safe to assume that his desire and work ethic sucks. No one will ever mistake him for T.O. or Rice.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you miss games from the rookie season to hold out for more money despite the fact that you're already getting paid enough money to begin with and havent participated in TC and PreSeason for an entire career for whatever reason, I would say that its safe to assume that his desire and work ethic sucks. No one will ever mistake him for T.O. or Rice.
Or young kid that listened to his agent. Aside from the Crabtree/Davis shouting match, haven't heard any reports of Crabtree being a slacker. He is one of the best blockers on the team and I remember years ago that VD had the same label that Crab gets from 49er fans.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Or young kid that listened to his agent. Aside from the Crabtree/Davis shouting match, haven't heard any reports of Crabtree being a slacker. He is one of the best blockers on the team and I remember years ago that VD had the same label that Crab gets from 49er fans.
Regardless of whether or not he listened to his agent back in 2009, that doesnt change the fact that he's missed TC and PreSeason in his entire career thus far. I wouldnt be surprised if he somehow misses his fourth TC and PreSeason.

As for VD, correct me if im wrong but I dont remember him missing TC and/or PreSeason like Crabtree has. I just think that Crabtree could be our number one receiver but I seriously doubt that he ever will be. Say whatever you want about T.O. but his work ethic and conditioning can never be questioned. Of course, he learned from the best. Maybe, the team can hire Rice as a WR conditioning coach or something. Maybe then Crabtree would actually become our number one WR.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Sweet. This is great news. Can't wait to see him in the preseason. This is turning out to be a good week. Alex Smith signs, Ginn returns, and now Josh Johnson is aboard.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam we go out and get Josh Johnson ? Not the QB I was hoping but meh. If he can make Smith play better then all for it. But I doubt he earns the starting job. the other signings are great so far this FA period and I hope we can make it back to the play offs and i will be a happy camper!

I still think we need to grab a wide out at 30 in the first round to make sure we are not in the same boat next year.I will take either Hill , Wright or even Jefferson yes even Jefferson .
Old 03-23-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
even Jefferson yes even Jefferson .
Who's Jefferson??? o_O
Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who's Jefferson??? o_O
This?

Or

This?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I found this amusing:

RT @mattbarrows: What bad blood? Hearing that Harbaugh, Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick and newcomer Josh Johnson played racquetball together today.
Where's the Tolz? Yup, defintely bad blood...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Where's the Tolz? Yup, defintely bad blood...
Still playing on the practice court? :P
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Still playing on the practice court? :P
every team needs a camp arm.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will take either Hill , Wright or even Jefferson yes even Jefferson .
Considering there isn't a "Jefferson" in the top-200+ draft-eligible WR's I'll assume you meant Jeffery, yes even Jeffery.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy with this offseason so far. All D starters back. Moss and Manningham to help our weakest area on offense. Josh Johnson signing is cool. I like it.

Bring on the draft! Excited to see what Baalke and Harbaugh have in mind...
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Manningham's deal :
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...58&feedID=5936
Quote:
Newly signed wide receiver Mario Manningham will account $2.487 million on the 49ers' 2012 salary cap, a league source told CSNBayArea.com on Friday.

The 49ers and Manningham agreed to a two-year, $7.375 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus and another $2.45 million in salary guarantees, the source said.

Manningham's base salaries are $1.2 million in 2012 and $3.6 million in 2013. He is scheduled to count $4.887 on the 49ers' 2013 salary cap.
49ers front office kicks ass.

Josh Johnson contract:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...2-million.html
Quote:
The 49ers signed quarterback Josh Johnson to a two-year deal that essentially is worth just under $2 million, according to a league source familiar with the contract. That includes a $350,000 signing bonus.
There will be no Sanchez/Tebow like controversy in SF.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely LOVE this man...

Old 03-23-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Manningham contract is a steal. Look at the deal he got, and then look at the deals Pierre Garcon and Laurent Robinson got..smh. Even Josh Morgan got more. Great job by the FO. I really hope he can become our "Carlos Rogers" on the offensive side of the ball this year.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I have to admit that the FO did an awesome job with adding talent, expanding depth and all at a fair/cheap/good price. Now, if we get Fleener at 30, I'll be a happy bastard. :)
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I have to admit that the FO did an awesome job with adding talent, expanding depth and all at a fair/cheap/good price. Now, if we get Fleener at 30, I'll be a happy bastard. :)
Old 03-24-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather draft Hill or some other wide out at 30 instead of a TE we have plenty IMO.

And yes my bad I did mean Jeffery. It's been a long week.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I would rather draft Hill or some other wide out at 30 instead of a TE we have plenty IMO.

And yes my bad I did mean Jeffery. It's been a long week.
The thing is, that we havent a Redzone Weapon like Fleener with his 6.6ht.
He can improve our badest area's in the Offense, Redzone and 3rd downs.

Alo Harbaugh loves to play with multiple TE's on the Field.
Fleener isn't a bad Blocker, he is really fast for a TE, has good Hands and is a Big guy. Davis is just 6.3 and Walker just 6.0. Fleener is very different type. He could be our Jimmy Graham. And don't forget, Walker has just 1 year left on his contract.

I think Fleener is the best Player to fit in our System, delete our biggest weakness's and would be improve our O the most.

The Sky is the Limit for our Offense with Coby...
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote