Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Considering the fact that T.O. is my favorite player and despite his age is still an elite WR in the league, I would love to have T.O. back in a 49ers uniform but it's not going to happen for three reasons -

1) We're in no way, shape or form a SB contender so why would any veteran player want to come here, especially T.O.???

2) With Garcia looking more and more likely to not re-sign with TB, there's a chance that we may go after him and if we sign him, I highly doubt that we'll be seeing a Garcia-T.O. reunion evn though it would be funny as hell.

T.O. - hey rat, throw me the ball
Garcia - fine, here ya go jackass

LOL.

3) None of the above matters because DAL isnt releasing or trading him because doing so would cause an $8m cap hit and cosidering the fact that Jerry Jones wants to sign Ware to a blockbuster long term deal, taking an $8m cap hit isnt going to help matters. Besides, subtract T.O. and aside from Witten, the Cowboys have no threats in the passing game. Roy Williams sucked plain and simple and if he cant kick ass with T.O. opposite him and Witten at TE, how can anyone expect him to do a damn thing without T.O. opposite him.

Plus, T.O. isnt the only problem. There are other players there that are the problem and Romo is one of them. Unlike T.O., Romo doesnt have half the work ethic that T.O. has and after his trip with Jessica Simpson, how anyone can complain about T.O. and NOT Romo is beyond me.

Bottom line is that T.O. isnt going anywhere.
Since when are we looking to bring in Garcia?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Since when are we looking to bring in Garcia?
Yeah, why would we do that? We have Hill and Smith and Sanchez.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah, why would we do that? We have Hill and Smith
Fixed it for you ;)
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fixed it for you ;)
Umm, thanks? You cut my joke off at its balls.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Umm, thanks? You cut my joke off at its balls.
I'm sorry it's a sensitive subject.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sorry it's a sensitive subject.
Hahah. I know. Notice I referred to the Sanchez portion as the balls? I'm so funny.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Watch the Miami game and tell me we don't need a top RT.
I mean, that's not really responsive to most of my comment. I do agree that we should address OT. But I also don't think we have to get one in the right away. I don't think we should get one in the first, as I agree with the people who don't want to over pay for an RT.

Snyder would be a serviceable starter. Does that mean we shouldn't draft an RT in the second to replace him? No, that is definitely an option. But its not a must.

Keep in mind, we should always draft the BPA. My mock reflects the fact that I feel Barwin could be a potential first round pick given more than a year of defensive experience.

I would be pretty comfortable coming into next season with this Oline: Snyder, Staley, Simms, Watkins, Baas, Rachel, Wragge, Rookie OG, Heitmann and Wallace.

That line includes 6 players drafted in the first four rounds. Our line didn't suck last season due to a lack of talent. We really do have a lot of talent on the Oline. A lot of our problems last season were caused by the scheme Martz ran. We all know Simms should have been given more help in the Dolphins game. You cant expect to contain the 8th best passrushing team with the scheme Martz ran.

Something else to consider in the Dolphins game was the complete lack of pressure the Niners D had on Pennington...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
Here's my big board for this team:

1 - Matt Stafford
2 - Eugene Monroe
3 - Aaron Curry
4 - Andre Smith
5 - Michael Crabtree
6 - BJ Raji
7 - Brian Orakpo
8 - Michael Oher
9 - Everettte Brown
10 - Mark Sanchez.
I would put Malcolm Jenkins on there before Sanchez. He can be a good corner but it seems that lots of people like him as a FS.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahah. I know. Notice I referred to the Sanchez portion as the balls? I'm so funny.
I'm rolling over here Borat. That was awesome.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would put Malcolm Jenkins on there before Sanchez. He can be a good corner but it seems that lots of people like him as a FS.
Sounds like a slightly better Reggie Smith...not a pick I would make in the 1st round for us.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
Sounds like a slightly better Reggie Smith...not a pick I would make in the 1st round for us.
This is in the highly hypothetical situation that all those other guys are gone.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

The thought of Oher and Staley as our tackles makes me happy in pants.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
happy in pants.
As opposed to being happy without wearing pants?

I think Oher, one of the Smiths or Monroe will be the pick. It just makes the most sense. Luckily, two of our biggest needs, pass rush and OT, are two of the deepest positions this year.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S Keith Lewis and LB Tully Banta-Cain have been released.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
NOOOO I love Keith.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Dont know if this has been confirmed or not but releasing Lewis isnt a good move since he's one of our best special teamers.

Cain on the other hand was crap before he came to SF and will continue to be crap after he's long gone.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Dont know if this has been confirmed or not but releasing Lewis isnt a good move since he's one of our best special teamers.

Cain on the other hand was crap before he came to SF and will continue to be crap after he's long gone.
If that's true we cut the wrong safety.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore
Here's my big board for this team:

1 - Matt Stafford
2 - Eugene Monroe
3 - Aaron Curry
4 - Andre Smith
5 - Michael Crabtree
6 - BJ Raji
7 - Brian Orakpo
8 - Michael Oher
9 - Everettte Brown
10 - Mark Sanchez

I think the team would be happy to get any one of those guys...Sanchez being a sort of last option at #10 if all the other guys are gone, but not a bad one. Any one of those guys other than the QBs and Crabtree would either help the team get bigger/better in the trenches or improve the pass rush which are continuing needs for this team.
I still want CB Malcolm Jenkins the most and im surprised he's not on your top ten. Sanchez, Crabtree and Stafford shouldnt even be mentioned for us period. It looks like a repeat of 2005 in regards to QB's in my opinion. The rest I agree with but not exactly in that order but Jenkins should be in there. If Jenkins is there at 10, we should definitely draft him and then draft an OT in the 2nd round since the position is deep where as after Jenkins, the quality drops off badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore
Free agency targets:
1. OJ Atogwe - I have a feeling he'll be an early target for us. I'd like to give Goldson and Smith an opportunity to duke it out but when a ballhawk like this is available, and we have the money, it's hard to pass. Smith can remain at corner and Goldson can be a platoon guy.

2. Vernon Carey - We'll give it a shot, but the money may be out of our desired range. Someone may ask him to play left tackle and pay him accordingly.

3. A fullback. I'm having a hard time deciding whether the team should go with an older, pure power blocking FB (Neal, Richardson) or a younger guy who can also tote the ball (Weaver). Weaver would be a good guy to give a few carries...Rathman may help him actually. That'd be a fine signing. It killed me when he burned us for two huge TDs last year.

4. Mark Tauscher - Not the best long term option at RT, but a good enough one to play well for a couple years until we can groom another solution. This would free us up to take Raji or a pass rusher in the early 1st.

I think that's about it for realistic, good targets for me. The team doesn't need to do a ton in FA. Just a few smart moves here and there and then get whatever they still need in the draft.
Instead of signing O.J., I would much rather see Reggie Smith moved to and start at FS because thats what his long term position will be. Carey wouldnt be bad but if we're going to pay him close to what Gross will most likely get, mine as well just go after Gross and I have no interest in Tauscher. FB wise, I wouldnt complain about Weaver whatsoever but regardless of who our starting FB will be in 2009, he sure as hell cant be worse than Keasey. UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

The 49ers made their first offseason moves under head coach Mike Singletary and released linebacker Tully Banta-Cain and safety Keith Lewis. Banta-Cain came to the 49ers as a free agent a couple of seasons ago. Lewis was a sixth-round pick of the 49ers in 2004. Their releases save the 49ers $2.275 million of cap room.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=clayton_john

Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The other somewhat noteworthy part of the article form the link above:

"New home for QB: Bruce Gradkowski, who was released by the Cleveland Browns Monday, wasn't out of work very long. The Raiders and 49ers each put in waiver claims on him, and on Tuesday he was awarded to the Raiders. Gradkowski, who has started game when he was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was signed by the Browns late last season when Brady Quinn was hurt."

Quote:
This is in the highly hypothetical situation that all those other guys are gone.
Mathematically speaking, at least ONE, if not TWO of those guys would have to remain if you add Jenkins to the mix, because the list would be 11 guys, and the Niners have the 10th pick. Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if we got Loadhalt in the 2nd.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The other somewhat noteworthy part of the article form the link above:

"New home for QB: Bruce Gradkowski, who was released by the Cleveland Browns Monday, wasn't out of work very long. The Raiders and 49ers each put in waiver claims on him, and on Tuesday he was awarded to the Raiders. Gradkowski, who has started game when he was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was signed by the Browns late last season when Brady Quinn was hurt.
They must think that Alex is the guy if they are going to bring in someone else to be the #3 or they don't think he is going re-structure... the plot thickens!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
They must think that Alex is the guy if they are going to bring in someone else to be the #3 or they don't think he is going re-structure... the plot thickens!
I hope that report of Jennings getting released soon is true :)
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I hope that report of Jennings getting released soon is true :)
Undoubtedly. Why pay him that much when we all know he is going to get hurt?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

who has all been let go of?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote