Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-11-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here some other older games I've uploaded to my YouTube account in case you are interested. Both are from the 1994 season.

San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons 1994 Week 7

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers 1994 Week 12 Part 1

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers 1994 Week 12 Part 2

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and if you want to watch last night's preseason game again, it's on my channel for a couple of days. Be warned though that it won't remain there for long and it's also the Vikings broadcasting network, so the commentators are going to focus more on the Vikings franchise. If that doesn't bother you feel free to watch.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
including Byham, will have an uphill battle to make the 53, and Nate will likely end up on the P-Squad.
Sadly, Nate Byham isn't eligible for the Practice Squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Anyone notice that AJ Jenkins looked kind of small out there? I thought his build was a little bit stockier. Maybe it's just me.
One of A.J. Jenkins' biggest knocks coming out was his thin frame and perceived lack of strength.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Well hopefully Jenkins can use this year to bulk up and improve his strength.

Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the game again (btw, thanks Ness), I hope we can manage to keep some of those rookie WRs around. Palmer and Owusu looked good out there.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
Can anyone comment on how Kilgore played
I've only re-watched the 1st half thus far.

Can someone verify what I saw... Kilgore had 2 pancake blocks and a 3rd time he knocked his man to the ground twice.

That aside, it's difficult to assess because I have no idea what his blocking assignments are. What I see is that he dominates when he is asked to move his man one side or the other. He didn't drive men off the ball per se. Often his man would pick a gap and he would simply ride that player's momentum out of the play. I only saw him shrugged off and ineffective on 1-snap.

Is he close to challenging Goodwin? I'm not making that call. But what I see doesn't obviously scream that he'd be a major downgrade should he go against the ones.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Sadly, Nate Byham isn't eligible for the Practice Squad.

One of A.J. Jenkins' biggest knocks coming out was his thin frame and perceived lack of strength.

Byham's not? I thought I read an article somewhat recently from Maiocco where he mentioned that Byham did still have practice squad eligibility. If he doesn't, bummer. He'll have no choice but to go to some team, convert to a weird looking FB and meet us in a Championship game....er....Bear Pascoe.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for uploading the game Ness. Can you post the link to your YouTube channel? Watched the first half of the game.

Kaepernick played well and good pass to Jenkins who made a good catch near the sideline.

OL played well. Only negative was the false start by Davis. Otherwise, good.

Defense played well but missed some tackles. Didnt like that but its only pre-season.

I love Kendall Hunter. If James can play as well this year as Hunter did last year, our future at RB after Gore is going to be damn good. Jacobs did better than I was expecting but with him, whether or not he stays focused and determined remains to be seen once Gore starts and Hunter/James get carries/screens over Jacobs. I can say that it seems Jacobs has already surpassed Dixon but at the same time, thats not exactly saying much.

Definitely looking forward to the season and Moss mooning the fans in GB. :p
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a somewhat related note -

For those interested, the Madden NFL 13 demo will be released Tuesday for PS3/360 and features the Giants/49ers matchup. The other matchup is the Redskins/Seahawks which makes no sense to me. Would have liked a Ravens/Patriots matchup. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Byham's not? I thought I read an article somewhat recently from Maiocco where he mentioned that Byham did still have practice squad eligibility. If he doesn't, bummer. He'll have no choice but to go to some team, convert to a weird looking FB and meet us in a Championship game....er....Bear Pascoe.
Quote:
a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.)
Byham played in 14 games in 2010.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Byham played in 14 games in 2010.
$h!t+y. Better step his game up and really show something then or he'll be heading back East, landing with someone closer to home, like the Steelers.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its pretty obvious that Byham's a goner. Dobbs looks like a lock as the 3rd TE and his play along the D-Line on Friday I think only cemented his spot on the 53. Really liked Byham before his injury but Dobbs just does a ton more for this team overall at this point. And with so many good players at other positions, keeping only two true TEs in VD and Walker seems like the best option at this point.

I'm more interested in who we keep among the O-Lineman, D-Lineman, OLB, and saftey. So many good players and options between those four groupings. I think the rest of the roster is pretty much set.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've only re-watched the 1st half thus far.

Can someone verify what I saw... Kilgore had 2 pancake blocks and a 3rd time he knocked his man to the ground twice.

That aside, it's difficult to assess because I have no idea what his blocking assignments are. What I see is that he dominates when he is asked to move his man one side or the other. He didn't drive men off the ball per se. Often his man would pick a gap and he would simply ride that player's momentum out of the play. I only saw him shrugged off and ineffective on 1-snap.

Is he close to challenging Goodwin? I'm not making that call. But what I see doesn't obviously scream that he'd be a major downgrade should he go against the ones.
Barrows said the 49ers are getting Kilgore extra work at C in the practices. I think they may want him to take over soon, maybe before the year is up.

Anyone going to fanfest today? Would love to hear any fan reports on TC, its the only open practice all TC.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thanks for uploading the game Ness. Can you post the link to your YouTube channel? Watched the first half of the game.
You should be able to click on the "YouTube" icon on the video links I posted here, which will take you to the YouTube website and you can click on my channel that way.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Anyone going to fanfest today? Would love to hear any fan reports on TC, its the only open practice all TC.
Couple of observation threads on both the .com boards as well as webzone. Even some vids..

And apparently, Tolizen is the next Drew Brees..

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...-tolzien-draws

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-13-2012 at 10:16 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You should be able to click on the "YouTube" icon on the video links I posted here, which will take you to the YouTube website and you can click on my channel that way.
I clicked on youtube and it came up as "astroboy". I clicked on that username and only two videos are listed. Is that you or am I missing something?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I clicked on youtube and it came up as "astroboy". I clicked on that username and only two videos are listed. Is that you or am I missing something?
astrostar49.

Anyways, that is me. And yes there are only two videos that are open to the public. If you clicked on the 49ers videos I posted here and went to YouTube you would see that they are viewed as unlisted. It says that in the description. That means only people with a link can see them. I've done that with all the videos I've posted in this thread.

And it is for obvious reasons. If the NFL catches that I'm posting full games on YouTube they'll get taken down. This has happened to other channels.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
astrostar49.

Anyways, that is me. And yes there are only two videos that are open to the public. If you clicked on the 49ers videos I posted here and went to YouTube you would see that they are viewed as unlisted. It says that in the description. That means only people with a link can see them. I've done that with all the videos I've posted in this thread.

And it is for obvious reasons. If the NFL catches that I'm posting full games on YouTube they'll get taken down. This has happened to other channels.
Oops. Sorry.

Yeah, I noticed that they're unlisted so basically, unless you want to post a link to the actual game, no one can watch them.

Just curious, how many games do you have? And do you happen to have the playoff and Super Bowl games from the 49ers five championship runs?

I have always been tempted to buy the 49ers DVD's but dont because they only show the SB while all the other games are just highlights.

Also, seeing as how you have a pic of Montana under your screen name, do you have the game of him as a Chief against Elway and the Bronocos which is an offensive based game and Montana leading the Chiefs to a win at the end.

Hope im correct on that as I dont remember a lot of the old stuff since I wasnt as big a fan as I am now. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just curious, how many games do you have?
Dan, just search for 49ers games on YouTube and you will see there are TONS of historic games, in full, on there.

I know this because I once spent a whole evening watching the game where they went to Soldier Field and stomped on the Bears in the playoffs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I have a decent amount of 49ers games acquired. I don't have all of the playoff games from the 49ers Super Bowl runs no. I could probably get them in time if I wanted.

I don't have the game of Montana against Elway. I could probably get it if I wanted, but I have no desire.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Okay thanks.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Assuming Delanie is done for the preseason. Signed two TE's today.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I've uploaded another video to my channel. This is the 1989 game between the 49ers and the Eagles in Philadelphia in week three of the season. It's considered by many to be Montana's finest hour. The 49ers offensive line couldn't protect Montana as he got sacked eight times. The 49ers trailed 21-10 into the fourth quarter, but Montana rallied and threw four touchdowns in that quarter alone, giving him five on the afternoon in total along with 428 passing yards on 34 attempts. Despite the circumstances Montana was a BOSS that day.

I think this is already on YouTube, but it's split into parts. My link has the entire broadcast in one video. Enjoy.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Sorry. Had to take down my videos. YouTube started to crack down.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So who is ready for the Texans? I'm excited as I actually love watching that offense work. They beat the **** out of us in the preseason last season and Arian Foster was actually slicing through our run defense on the few attempts he had. Doesn't mean anything really obviously. I hope we see more from the passing game this weekend.

Quote: