Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-06-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many primetime games do you guys think we'll get next year? This is our 2013 schedule

Home: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Packers, Falcons, Panthers, Colts, Texans

Away: Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Redskins, Saints, Bucs, Titans, Jaguars (London)

My guess

MNF- Redskins (Kaep vs RG3)
SNF- Seahawks, Packers, Saints
TNF- Rams

I think our week 1 game will be facing the Seahawks at their stadium at 4:30 EST. Fox #1 or #2 crew. I'd like to get that game out of the way anyways.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys think about bringing in Canty? D line depth with 3-4 experience
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
what do you guys think about bringing in Canty? D line depth with 3-4 experience
They don't need washed up DEs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like the Seattle game week 1, at the Link. Probably won't happen. Something tells me week one will be a rematch of the NFCCG with the Falcons.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Patriots played Tennessee in their opening matchup. Might not even have a primetime game to start. I hope we start out at home next year instead of on the road.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come back Borat.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-06-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They don't need washed up DEs.
Actually Canty wouldn't be bad at all. Cheap vet who would be a good back-up and rotational guy. Has starting experience and championship experience. I defintely would take a look at him if I were Baalke, for the right price.

And why the hell would you post those pics here Ness. Nobody wants to see that ****, I was just starting to come to grips with Sunday. Its already depressing enough around here, da ****

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-06-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Just thought we should face reality instead of hiding. I've been listening to the podcasts and watching the media coverage. It's sickening, but I feel like it's better than shelling up and turning a back to the outside world. Obviously it doesn't matter what I do, but I just feel like it's lame to go in your room and close your door like a little girl.

I'll take the photos down though.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Just thought we should face reality instead of hiding. I've been listening to the podcasts and watching the media coverage. It's sickening, but I feel like it's better than shelling up and turning a back to the outside world. Obviously it doesn't matter what I do, but I just feel like it's lame to go in your room and close your door like a little girl.

We've all faced reality, we lost. Everyone's calmed down now. Nobody is going to feel better with images of the Ravens celebrating being shoved down our throat.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Who's hiding? We all saw it, lived it and hopefully mourned it. I don't need Ravens victory parade photos plastered all over a Niner forum to help me get over it. When did you become the Niner psychologist, here to help us face our "reality"? It's NOT that deep. Go in your room and close your door like a girl? Seriously? Turning your back to the outside world? C'mon, get a grip Ness, who around here is even remotely close to doing that? It was a tough loss. The worst Niner lost EVER! People are going to down and distraught for a few. That's normal for any passionate fan. Especially when you feel your the more talented team and didn't play up to your potential. That's really why I'm still mad. We waited for the Super Bowl to play our worst game...that's what really irks me. Two weeks to prepare and we looked overwhelmed for two and a third quarters That's what makes me mad. I don't think alot of guys on our side realized just how hard is it to get to a SB. We have fairly young team and sometimes I feel as though we think we can just show up and intimidate teams with our talent. We don't do the little things we did 2011, when we didn't have everybody telling us how great we were. When guys played with a chip on their shoulder. Players reach the NFCCG one year, SB the next, young and talented team with everyone singing their praises and just think they're destined. NOOOOOOO! You have to go out and take your destiny. Rip it out of the hands of the next man and earn your place in history. And I dont think they did that Sunday. It was too many times this year I felt the same way. The Ravens did and that's why they now wear the crown.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-07-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any guys that anyone here have targeted for the draft yet? Just based off of the Senior Bowl I like Datone Jones DL and Desmond Trufant CB
Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Elam would be a nice addition at safety.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there any guys that anyone here have targeted for the draft yet? Just based off of the Senior Bowl I like Datone Jones DL and Desmond Trufant CB
I like Jones but his measureables are a question. He is such a tweener. My crush is Ezekiel Ansah and 274 is probably too hefty for OLB. Jones is 280.

If you see Jones as a 3-4 DE, I'm intrigued, but his functional strength at the point-of-attack will have to improve. Justin Smith gets away with being undersized because of his unreal strength.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Levine Toilolo and Montori Hughes myself. Hughes would be a nice addition to our D-line in the middle rounds and Toilolo is just an special weapon with that length.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've started the preliminary stages, i.e. getting my list sorted out. Usually I jot down players I like from watching their games during the college season or I'll see a play from a player by flipping through channels during some highlights and make it a point to catch some game film. Then I'll try to find some tape on guys if I haven't been able to catch an actually game. Here's my list so far of kids I have been impressed with on defense, still haven't gathered all my info for my offense list yet...

CB - Dee Milner, Alabama
CB - Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
CB - Jordan Poyer, Oregon St.
CB - B.W. Webb, William and Mary
CB - Robert Alford, SE Louisiana
CB - Jonathan Banks, Miss St.
CB - Khalid Wooten, Nevada
CB - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn
CB - Jamar Taylor, Bosie St.
CB - Steve Williams, Cal
CB - Daxton Swanson, Sam Houston St

S - DJ Swearinger, S. Carolina
S - Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
S - Shawn Williams, Georgia
S - Eric Reid, LSU
S - Josh Evans, Florida
S - Aaron Hester, UCLA
S - Duke Williams, Nevada
S - Earl Wolff, NC St
S - Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami
S - Cooper Taylor, Richmond

ILB - Alec Ogletree, Georgia
ILB - Devonte Holloman, S. Carolina
ILB - Jelani Jenkins, Florida
ILB - Jon Bostic, Florida
ILB - Brandon Hepburn, Florida A&M
ILB - Gerald Hodges, Penn St.
ILB - Etienne Sabino, Ohio St.
ILB - LaRoy Reynolds, Virginia
ILB - Craig Wilkins, ODU
ILB - Keith Pough, Howard

Rush LB - Brandon Jenkins, FSU
Rush LB - Corey Lemonier, Auburn
Rush LB - Cornelius Washington, Georgia
Rush LB - David Bass, Mizz Western St.
Rush LB - Quanterus Smith, Western KY
Rush LB - Stansly Maponga, TCU

DT - Sheldon Richardson, Mizzou
DT - Kawann Short, Purdue
DT - John Jenkins, Georgia
DT - Arby Jones, Georgia
DT - Brandon Williams, Mizz Southern St.
DT - Sylvester Williams, UNC
DT - Cory Grissom, S. Florida

DE - Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
DE - Datone Jones, UCLA
DE - Malliciah Goodman, Clemson
DE - Josh Boyd, Miss St.
DE - Kapron Lewis-Moore, Notre Dame
DE - Rob Lohr, Vandy
DE - Joe Kruger, Utah

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-28-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I hope Goldson gets his money. I think he's earned it over these last two years. I'd like to see him stay as he's my favorite player on defense.

Quote:
This is the third consecutive time two-time Pro Bowl safety Dashon Goldson has played his final game without a contract for the upcoming season.

There is little question that he is the 49ers' top priority to re-sign, but at what cost? The 49ers and Goldson (and his agents) have not reached terms on a long-term contract the past two offseasons.

Goldson has sought a deal worth an average of $8 million annually. The 49ers can retain his rights on a one-year, $7.45 million contract as the franchise player, but that's not what he wants or feels he deserves.

Even coach Jim Harbaugh, speaking Tuesday at his season-ending press conference, made a public endorsement for the 49ers' front office to sign Goldson to a long-term contract.

"He's somebody that I think you reward," Harbaugh said. "You know he's out there, and opposing offenses know that he's out there. He tackles and does everything that you'd want a safety to do. I feel like you reward those types of people. Who do you reward if you don't reward those types of people?"
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...dashon-goldson

So should we be concerned about Donte Whitner? He gave up 11 touchdowns this year. 8 during the regular season, which I heard was the most by any safety.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I've started the preliminary stages, i.e. getting my list sorted out. Usually I jot down players I like from watching their games during the college season or I'll see a play from a player by flipping through channels during some highlights and make it a point to catch some game film. Then I'll try to find some tape on guys if I haven't been able to catch an actually game. Here's my list so far of kids I have been impressed with on defense, still haven't gathered all my info for my offense list yet...

CB - Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
CB - Jordan Poyer, Oregon St.
CB - Jonathan Banks, S. Carolina

S - Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
S - Eric Reid, LSU

DT - Shariff Floyd - Florida
DT - Kawann Short- Purdue
DT - Jessie Williams, Alabama

DE - Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
DE - Datone Jones, UCLA
I like more guys on your list, but these are the guys that I feel could realistically be available and worth the #31 pick in the draft. Is there a Jonathan Banks in SC or did you mean Johnthan Banks from Miss. St.? If it's the Miss. St. player, I don't think he'll be available there, but I've seen some people say he might drop. Ansah seems to be all over the board right now, but given his build and ability, I'm sure he'll be gone also. I'll assume Vaccaro is gone as well.

Right now, I think I'd rank the 7 left as: Floyd or Williams, Rhodes... (drop off)... Jones or Short, Reid, then Poyer. The last 4 guys I feel are 2nd rd talents as of now, but I don't think they'll make it all the way to our pick in the bottom of the round.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I like more guys on your list, but these are the guys that I feel could realistically be available and worth the #31 pick in the draft. Is there a Jonathan Banks in SC or did you mean Johnthan Banks from Miss. St.? If it's the Miss. St. player, I don't think he'll be available there, but I've seen some people say he might drop. Ansah seems to be all over the board right now, but given his build and ability, I'm sure he'll be gone also. I'll assume Vaccaro is gone as well.

Right now, I think I'd rank the 7 left as: Floyd or Williams, Rhodes... (drop off)... Jones or Short, Reid, then Poyer. The last 4 guys I feel are 2nd rd talents as of now, but I don't think they'll make it all the way to our pick in the bottom of the round.
Yea, Banks from Miss St. That's my mistake. And I dont list guys in terms of where they are slotted to go. These are just guys I saw play or have some seen some film of and came away impressed. Whether they're 1st round talents or 4th round picks is really of no importance to me. I just list the players I like and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers resigned a few players via web site.

Divens,Lockette,Netter,Stupar,Tribue and Wiggins. All signed to future contracts and reserves. Now we just need a new darn Kicker from the draft hopefully.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricardo Lockette supposedly looks really, really good. Then again we've been hearing for years about how certain WRs look in practice to never ever do anything on gameday.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Ricardo Lockette supposedly looks really, really good. Then again we've been hearing for years about how certain WRs look in practice to never ever do anything on gameday.
'Hawks fans had been saying the same thing about Lockette for years. He could very well be the next Marcus Maxwell. Not much to hang our hat on at this point though.

Read a good interview by Steve Young. He talks about the SB and the last four plays. He pretty much sums up my sentiments now that the hangover from the loss has subsided.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/...he-super-bowl/
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a good read. I pretty much agree with everything Young said. Harbaugh is going to have to adjust Kaepernick from the pistol to throwing out of the pocket in the more natural and traditional sense. Kaepernick has the arm strength and accuracy to do it. Just needs the experience, knowledge and time to get there. Five days later, im still pissed and replay the end in my head over and over. For me personally, im more pissed about the slow start, play calling (which I have complained about for two years) and the defense. Defense didnt get off the field when they needed too and granted, they only gave up 6 points after going down 28-6 but that was 6 points that should not have been given. If you subtract those 6 points and the safety, we win 29-28. Team definitely needs a few more impact players, especially on defense, mainly a pass rushing OLB and a damn good 3-4 DE who can also replace Justin when the time comes. Also, there needs to be better defensive play calling. I hate that Culliver was left out by himself to dry on that Jones TD. Guy has speed and to not have a safety back there is beyond me. After all, thats why they're called safeties.

But whatever. Hopefully, Harbaugh and Roman can adjust the offense to be more traditional and that Kaepernick can still suceed as our franchise QB before teams adjust to the pistol and shut it down. If that happens and the team has no backup plan, like the wildcat, team will be done. That and a much faster start is needed. Also, more MATURITY and the will to win, the desire to win and that killer instinct. Team doesnt have any of this which is why they lost.

One last thing, they all need to shut the **** up and let their play on the field do the talking for them.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really is nothing wrong with the pistol. It's just another way of snapping the bal after which you can do multiple things. I really believe you are going to see it more and more because it gives your so much possibilities. Its not a gimmick like the wildcat that people will figure out its just a way of snapping the ball after which you can get the option stuff(which i think shouldn't be used as much but on the other hand it sets up one hell of a PA because there are 3 threats you have to account for. In my eyes it's more suprising the Pistol didn't make it to the NFL earlier since i think its a great formation for running the ball and quick short passes as well as long passes when your QB drops another few steps. The thing with the pistol is that your RB can get soms speed before he gets the ball compared to the shotgun and your QB can get the ball of quicker than a traditional snap.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
There really is nothing wrong with the pistol. It's just another way of snapping the bal after which you can do multiple things. I really believe you are going to see it more and more because it gives your so much possibilities. Its not a gimmick like the wildcat that people will figure out its just a way of snapping the ball after which you can get the option stuff(which i think shouldn't be used as much but on the other hand it sets up one hell of a PA because there are 3 threats you have to account for. In my eyes it's more suprising the Pistol didn't make it to the NFL earlier since i think its a great formation for running the ball and quick short passes as well as long passes when your QB drops another few steps. The thing with the pistol is that your RB can get soms speed before he gets the ball compared to the shotgun and your QB can get the ball of quicker than a traditional snap.
I agree with this. The "pistol" is here to stay. Kaep will only improve. The future is bright.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
So should we be concerned about Donte Whitner? He gave up 11 touchdowns this year. 8 during the regular season, which I heard was the most by any safety.
I don't mean to be rude, but can we please discuss the question I asked? Again, what your thoughts on Whitner being our starting safety?

Quote: