Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 51
Reputation: 38670
Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would love Mathieu for a 4th rounder or later. His ability to force turnovers is worth the risk and gamble in my opinion.
I agree. Hell we have all those damn draft picks might as well take a risk on a guy or two. He would be going in the first round if it wasnt for that damn weed lol If we were to grab him in the 4th round i dont think anyone would complain. And he adds the element of being a pretty solid punt and kick returner.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'd rather take Lattimore in the 4th! Let Gore carry the rock for 1-2 years more and then have a fresh Lattimore waiting to take the baton.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 51
Reputation: 38670
Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I'd rather take Lattimore in the 4th! Let Gore carry the rock for 1-2 years more and then have a fresh Lattimore waiting to take the baton.
I like it. I just dont know if Lattimore will make it to the 49ers pick in the 4th. I can see a team at the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th taking a risk on him. I also dont think we need another RB on our roster. Gore is going to have a lil more in the tank then people think. The more Hunter and James get into the game plan the longer Gore lasts.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,170
Reputation: 223916
Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm not forcing anyone to reply to my posts. There are others here who complain about something or another so if I want to complain about Rogers, I can and will.
And nobody is forcing you to post so why does that matter?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,582
Reputation: 106395
dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I'd rather take Lattimore in the 4th! Let Gore carry the rock for 1-2 years more and then have a fresh Lattimore waiting to take the baton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
I like it. I just dont know if Lattimore will make it to the 49ers pick in the 4th. I can see a team at the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th taking a risk on him. I also dont think we need another RB on our roster. Gore is going to have a lil more in the tank then people think. The more Hunter and James get into the game plan the longer Gore lasts.
Lattimore wouldnt be bad in the 4th but he would be stuck behind Gore, Hunter and James and thus, I would be shocked if Baalke/Harbaugh drafts him or any RB for that matter.

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-10-2013 at 12:30 AM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Lattimore wouldnt be bad in the 4th but he would be stuck behind Gore, Hunter and James and thus, I would be shocked if Baalke/Harbaugh drafts him or any RB for that matter.
Gore will be 30 in 3 months and has a lot of miles on the odometer, we can't expect anything more than 1-2 additional seasons out of him. Lattimore needs a year to rehab so I can see him dropping to the 4th, seems like a good marriage. Lattimore can take his time, we put him on PUP for 2013-14 season and then we can see how he looks for 2014-15.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

49ers contacted Louis Delmas's agent tonight...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,054
Reputation: 35125
edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
49ers contacted Louis Delmas's agent tonight...
Isn't he more of a strong safety? We are in need of a rangy free safety.

On a related note. I'm really liking me some Cyprien lately
__________________
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Isn't he more of a strong safety? We are in need of a rangy free safety.

On a related note. I'm really liking me some Cyprien lately
Delmas is listed as a FS but I a haven't been watching him closely.

Cyprien is actually more of a SS than a FS from what I've seen/heard.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,032
Reputation: 1678355
phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yeah, Cyprien plays more SS than Delmas does, so that was interesting.

I believe Baalke wants to mirror his safeties, if possible.
__________________
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,451
Reputation: 742473
ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I happened to see the NFL Network replay of Super Bowl 5 min after it started.

The Kaepernick plays.


2-11
Miller @ WR open 1 YDF. CB backing off 7 yards away.
Pass high to Crabtree middle 4 YDF. Great catch run for 1st Down. *No progression*

3-2
QB middle draw. 1st Down.

1-10
QB escape for 7. Gore leaked to right, open?

1-10
Vernon open between defense. 1st and Goal. *No progression*

2-G
Scramble. Pass misses open Crabtree TD.

3-G
Pressure and sacked.


1-10
Vernon 7 YDF and 1st Down, *No progression*


1-10
Belly fake. INT high down the middle. Gore open for 2 yard check-down. Miller open to left short.


1-10
Crabtree 3 YDF. *No progression*


2-4
Walker 14 TDF. *No progression*


1-10
Moss incomplete middle. Minimal progression. Crabtree open left.


2-10
Walker 27 YDF. *No progression*


1-10
Vernon 6 YDF. *No progression*

3-2
Roll out. No pass.


1-10
Escapes. Crabtree 12 YDF.


2-7
*No progression* Crabtree open 3 YDF. Sacked.


3-13
Minimal progression. Escapes. Walker 6 YDF.


1-10
Belly fake. Miller open to right. Escapes for 5.


2-5
Belly fake. Miller open to right. Escapes for 15.


2-8
Looks away and back. Crabtree 45 YDF off hands.


3-8
Looks off. Moss 9 YDF.


1-10
*Minimal progression* Vernon 16 YDF.


1-10
Fake. *No progression* Crabtree open 15 YDF. Gore open.


1-10
*No progression* Vernon open 5 YDF.


1-10
*No progression* Pass incomplete long to Vernon. Gore leaks open with defense 10 yards down field.


3-7
*No progression* Pass incomplete to Ginn in coverage. Vernon was heading open for TD with Ray Lewis failing as he did all game because safety was moving to the eyed target.


2-5
*No progression* Moss open 25 YDF.


1-10
QB run 3 yards.


2-7
Escapes 15 yard TD run.


2PT
Moss goes in. Pass goes back shoulder.


2-3
Looks right to left but didn't throw to Miller for short 1st or Gore with arm raised in middle for the same. Escapes for 8.


1-10
Belly fake. *No progression* Vernon 45 YDF off slips through his fingers. Miller open 4 YDF.


2-10
Looks off pass to Crabtree 19 YDF. Miller open doing left flat. Gore open 3 YDF middle.


2-G
Crabtree open to get to 3 or 2 yard-line.


3-G
Crabtree not clear to get close to goal with ease this time. Smashed at 3 and drops. Walker has a TD if pass is to him.


4-G
Nothing to add.



They skiped some plays like another blind spot where Gore was open for possible a 1st Down or at least 3rd and short with defense backing way off.
2-10 in late 2Q backed up at the 6 incomplete pass right side to Moss.


Way too similar to the Miami game. I couldn't see the Rams game other than a few highlights exactly what happened but all those drives and so little success wasn't good even without the Safety, bad pitch and Walker drop.

The Miami game I saw. A game with too many simple things missed. Super Bowl very similar. Inconsistent and out of sync. Not converting down you must and some penalties.

Can win those games vs. teams that aren't good at home in December +1 TO margin.
Not likely to win those games in the playoffs vs. good teams not at home and -1 TO margin.

I can't say for sure my doubts were right and neither can the other side say doubts about Smith were right. We'll never know.
__________________
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
I happened to see the NFL Network replay of Super Bowl 5 min after it started.

The Kaepernick plays.


2-11
Miller @ WR open 1 YDF. CB backing off 7 yards away.
Pass high to Crabtree middle 4 YDF. Great catch run for 1st Down. *No progression*

3-2
QB middle draw. 1st Down.

1-10
QB escape for 7. Gore leaked to right, open?

1-10
Vernon open between defense. 1st and Goal. *No progression*

2-G
Scramble. Pass misses open Crabtree TD.

3-G
Pressure and sacked.


1-10
Vernon 7 YDF and 1st Down, *No progression*


1-10
Belly fake. INT high down the middle. Gore open for 2 yard check-down. Miller open to left short.


1-10
Crabtree 3 YDF. *No progression*


2-4
Walker 14 TDF. *No progression*


1-10
Moss incomplete middle. Minimal progression. Crabtree open left.


2-10
Walker 27 YDF. *No progression*


1-10
Vernon 6 YDF. *No progression*

3-2
Roll out. No pass.


1-10
Escapes. Crabtree 12 YDF.


2-7
*No progression* Crabtree open 3 YDF. Sacked.


3-13
Minimal progression. Escapes. Walker 6 YDF.


1-10
Belly fake. Miller open to right. Escapes for 5.


2-5
Belly fake. Miller open to right. Escapes for 15.


2-8
Looks away and back. Crabtree 45 YDF off hands.


3-8
Looks off. Moss 9 YDF.


1-10
*Minimal progression* Vernon 16 YDF.


1-10
Fake. *No progression* Crabtree open 15 YDF. Gore open.


1-10
*No progression* Vernon open 5 YDF.


1-10
*No progression* Pass incomplete long to Vernon. Gore leaks open with defense 10 yards down field.


3-7
*No progression* Pass incomplete to Ginn in coverage. Vernon was heading open for TD with Ray Lewis failing as he did all game because safety was moving to the eyed target.


2-5
*No progression* Moss open 25 YDF.


1-10
QB run 3 yards.


2-7
Escapes 15 yard TD run.


2PT
Moss goes in. Pass goes back shoulder.


2-3
Looks right to left but didn't throw to Miller for short 1st or Gore with arm raised in middle for the same. Escapes for 8.


1-10
Belly fake. *No progression* Vernon 45 YDF off slips through his fingers. Miller open 4 YDF.


2-10
Looks off pass to Crabtree 19 YDF. Miller open doing left flat. Gore open 3 YDF middle.


2-G
Crabtree open to get to 3 or 2 yard-line.


3-G
Crabtree not clear to get close to goal with ease this time. Smashed at 3 and drops. Walker has a TD if pass is to him.


4-G
Nothing to add.



They skiped some plays like another blind spot where Gore was open for possible a 1st Down or at least 3rd and short with defense backing way off.
2-10 in late 2Q backed up at the 6 incomplete pass right side to Moss.


Way too similar to the Miami game. I couldn't see the Rams game other than a few highlights exactly what happened but all those drives and so little success wasn't good even without the Safety, bad pitch and Walker drop.

The Miami game I saw. A game with too many simple things missed. Super Bowl very similar. Inconsistent and out of sync. Not converting down you must and some penalties.

Can win those games vs. teams that aren't good at home in December +1 TO margin.
Not likely to win those games in the playoffs vs. good teams not at home and -1 TO margin.

I can't say for sure my doubts were right and neither can the other side say doubts about Smith were right. We'll never know.
Pretty sure we have all seen every 49er game at least once but ugh thanks for your input? Given the camera angles from NFL network you can't fully analyze his progressions. I would suggest NFL Rewind where you have the option to watch games in All-22 mode.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,620
Reputation: 309070
VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
I agree. Hell we have all those damn draft picks might as well take a risk on a guy or two. He would be going in the first round if it wasnt for that damn weed lol If we were to grab him in the 4th round i dont think anyone would complain. And he adds the element of being a pretty solid punt and kick returner.
There is no way in hell he would be a first round pick, even if he stayed at LSU. Even if he had won the Hesiman as a junior. His game is flawed. He will not be able to do what he did in college, at the next level. A guy like Crabtree or Boldin would make Mathieu their ***** in the slot and his recovery speed is too lacking for him to be viable option outside. All he really has going for him is he has great ball skills and good instincts in the box, versus the run. Good returner and tackler. He has a nose for the ball but he's like a FS trapped in a slot CBs body. The rest of his game needs work. Your talking about a guy who did 4 reps....four on the bench press. Most QBs are stronger then this kid. Call me hater or whatever, I call them like I see them. Someone will take a chance on him. He has some raw ability that could make him something down the road but ppl are fooling themsleves if they think he's going to be doing what he did at LSU, in the NFL on a regular basis. Too many ppl are fixated on college highlights. But those exploits don't always translate. Like a Reggie Bush, who was this great offensive weapon that was going to take the NFL by storm. So much so, he was a 2nd overall pick. How did that workout? Highlights are great but game tape doesn't lie. He got beat for big passes nearly eveytime I watched him play. That's a bad omen to carry to the next level, regardless of how many highlights he made. I never saw Patrick Peterson get lit up repeatedly like Mathieu did, week to week.





Against WVU, he forces two TOs, which is great. But he also gets abuse in the slot by Tavon Austin. The fact he forces TOs on occasion, overshadows the fact that he has problems as a cover CB.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,389
Reputation: 85490
Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Delmas had a beast of a rookie season but I believe has battled some minor injuries after that. He's a player that is physical for a free safety (like Goldson) and I remember him as having some range yet I'd have to go watch more tape too comment on specifics.

All signs appear to be pointing to Goldson being in a different uniform next year.
__________________


Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft


"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,620
Reputation: 309070
VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Delmas would concern me from a standpoint that I don't think he has ever completed a full-season healthy. That screams red flag for a guy as young as he is. I like Phillips more but he has his own injury issues. SIim pickings....
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,032
Reputation: 1678355
phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Da'Rick Rogers showed Mathieu what he should expect in the NFL.
__________________
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 51
Reputation: 38670
Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
There is no way in hell he would be a first round pick, even if he stayed at LSU. Even if he had won the Hesiman as a junior. His game is flawed. He will not be able to do what he did in college, at the next level. A guy like Crabtree or Boldin would make Mathieu their ***** in the slot and his recovery speed is too lacking for him to be viable option outside. All he really has going for him is he has great ball skills and good instincts in the box, versus the run. Good returner and tackler. He has a nose for the ball but he's like a FS trapped in a slot CBs body. The rest of his game needs work. Your talking about a guy who did 4 reps....four on the bench press. Most QBs are stronger then this kid. Call me hater or whatever, I call them like I see them. Someone will take a chance on him. He has some raw ability that could make him something down the road but ppl are fooling themsleves if they think he's going to be doing what he did at LSU, in the NFL on a regular basis. Too many ppl are fixated on college highlights. But those exploits don't always translate. Like a Reggie Bush, who was this great offensive weapon that was going to take the NFL by storm. So much so, he was a 2nd overall pick. How did that workout? Highlights are great but game tape doesn't lie. He got beat for big passes nearly eveytime I watched him play. That's a bad omen to carry to the next level, regardless of how many highlights he made. I never saw Patrick Peterson get lit up repeatedly like Mathieu did, week to week.
You cant compare Mathieu and Peterson lol Peterson was the 5th overall selection. Were talking about mathieu in the 4th round relax lol. Do you know who the 49ers selected with their 4th round pick last year? Joe Looney guy didnt even touch the field. If the niners took Mathieu he would already be the best returner on the team which would make him valuable. They have enough picks to take a risk on a player or two. I personally think they need someone in the secondary to make plays and force TO. They have enough talent around the field that they can make up for one guy trying to make plays. Just saying the kid has the best ball skill out of all the DBs in the draft class and I think he would make an impact on the team and if we were to take a shot on him in the 4th rd i think it would be worth it. Thats fine that you disagree its ur opinion.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
You cant compare Mathieu and Peterson lol Peterson was the 5th overall selection. Were talking about mathieu in the 4th round relax lol. Do you know who the 49ers selected with their 4th round pick last year? Joe Looney guy didnt even touch the field. If the niners took Mathieu he would already be the best returner on the team which would make him valuable. They have enough picks to take a risk on a player or two. I personally think they need someone in the secondary to make plays and force TO. They have enough talent around the field that they can make up for one guy trying to make plays. Just saying the kid has the best ball skill out of all the DBs in the draft class and I think he would make an impact on the team and if we were to take a shot on him in the 4th rd i think it would be worth it. Thats fine that you disagree its ur opinion.
Absolutely agree, great idea taking some chances in round 4. For the record Looney did tie for 2nd amongst our draft class in receptions.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 1,607
Reputation: 35648
Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

David Amerson

http://youtu.be/xsUg3-rytQA

Interesting prospect who could convert to cover FS. If he can be had @ #61 then he could be tempting.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,582
Reputation: 106395
dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

For our fourth round draft pick, I would be all in for Mathieu. He's worth a mid round draft pick easily. If we end up getting a third round compensation pick that cant be traded, I would probably even use that on Mathieu. After all, its a late round draft pick that cant be traded so not much of a difference. Then, I draft Dustin Hopkins in the fourth to (hopefully) be our franchise kicker for the next decade or so.

I do expect Baalke/Harbaugh to make at least a few moves with all the draft picks they have. Either trading up, trading for future draft picks or a player. With 11 draft picks (as of right now), uisng them all on players would be a waste because the late rounders would most likely be practice squad players and while its 50/50 at best, other teams could always sign away players on our practice squad which in the end, equals a wasted and lost draft pick.

I care more about quality than quantity. If the first four rounds give us a future 3-4 DE to replace Justin Smith, a future C, a situational pass rushing OLB, a CB, a K and Mathieu, I would be a happy camper.

As for FS, I think that we'll draft one but im still hoping for Kenny Phillips. I would even take veteran Quintin Mikell for a year as a stopgap until the rookie is ready. Have no interest in Charles Woodson and dont see us going after him or Ed Reed.

An article on Rotoworld has us signing WR/KR/PR Josh Cribbs to replace Ginn and FB/TE James Casey to replace Walker. I would have no problem with either of these signings as they both fit what our needs are and shouldnt be expensive. If we can sign these two players and come away with Phillips or even Mikell for FS going into the Draft, I'll actually be a happy camper. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,389
Reputation: 85490
Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Harvin reportedly dealt to Seachickens:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ahawks-sources

Depending on his pricetag for the extension he wanted, I thought he may be a solid target for the Niners with the draft picks they have to work a trade with.

Other multiple reports are noting that the Niners are aggressively going to pursue Lawrence Tynes, the former NYG kicker, at the start of FA.
__________________


Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft


"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,389
Reputation: 85490
Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Delmas would concern me from a standpoint that I don't think he has ever completed a full-season healthy. That screams red flag for a guy as young as he is. I like Phillips more but he has his own injury issues. SIim pickings....
Both Philips' and Delmas' injury history is a little concerning but they're both still in their mid-20's. Injuries are also part of the NFL. If they pass through their physicals by team physicians, then sometimes it's just a matter of luck (good or bad) if they can stay healthy.

Delmas stats:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...8/louis-delmas

Phillips stats:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...kenny-phillips

Both are about the same age and could be reaching their potential, possibly with their best years ahead of them. Phillips seems to be more the FS fit as he has more picks, has been more of a roaming type of player.

I'd take Goldson over either as he's proven in the scheme but if one of these guys comes relatively on the cheap to play for a contender, I can see the team going that direction as part of the philosophy.

The more I think about it, the more that I don't want them to throw much money at Goldson, even if he's earned it. There are just too many other pieces that are more valuable that I'd rather they save the money to secure.
__________________


Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft


"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,948
Reputation: 490739
farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Harvin reportedly dealt to Seachickens:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ahawks-sources

Depending on his pricetag for the extension he wanted, I thought he may be a solid target for the Niners with the draft picks they have to work a trade with.

Other multiple reports are noting that the Niners are aggressively going to pursue Lawrence Tynes, the former NYG kicker, at the start of FA.
Oh man, I am not looking forward to facing Harvin twice a year.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,389
Reputation: 85490
Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ian Williams' contract extended to be in the mix for NT in the coming years. We knew ICE likely wouldn't return but this may be a sign that RJF could definitely be gone too.

Niners also showing interest in Sean Smith "at the right price" as they like how he is a BIG corner, essentially the anti-Honey badger.
__________________


Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft


"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 03-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,396
Reputation: 175801
49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

So far we've re-signed Williams, tendered Brock, cut Akers, traded Alex for a 2nd+future 3rd, and let everyone else test FA.

Recently we've been credibly linked to Josh Cribbs, Sean Smith, Lawrence Tynes, and John Abraham by the Matts. Other sources that don't have a history of credibility (profootballcentral.com for example) has linked us to Louis Delmas and Wes Welker.

TBH out of all these names the only one i want is Abraham. Delmas would be fine if we got him at a discount. I don't want Tynes (rather have Josh Brown or Phil Dawson competing with a rookie), don't want Cribbs, and definitely don't want to overpay for Smith or Welker.

Victor Cruz was also tendered at a 1st round price- if the contract is reasonable we should explore this possibility.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.