Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-01-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis reportedly has small fracture in right hand after hard collision with Bruce Miller yesterday. Not a nightmare, but not ideal.

Also, the Alex Smith watch is on:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...-pederson-says

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willis and Bowman got hurt. Willis with a possible hand fracture and Bowman with a groin injury from what I read. I think it's time to slow these guys down. To me, training camp and pre-season is to get the rust off from the off-season and to let the second stringers and below earn their roster spots. The coaching staff needs to lessen the starters practice before something bad happens injury wise. We've already gotten the injury bug and no reason to increase the chances of that continuing.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Willis and Bowman got hurt. Willis with a possible hand fracture and Bowman with a groin injury from what I read. I think it's time to slow these guys down. To me, training camp and pre-season is to get the rust off from the off-season and to let the second stringers and below earn their roster spots. The coaching staff needs to lessen the starters practice before something bad happens injury wise. We've already gotten the injury bug and no reason to increase the chances of that continuing.
Injuries can happen with less reps too. I mean, Darius Fleming surely wasn't taking max reps and he blew out his knee. Injuries happen. You just have to hope they don't happen too much.

Also, Alex Smith is the best QB in the league? We got ripped off! Fire Baalke.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Matt Williamson. "Aaron Rodgers who CLEARLY is the best quarterback in the league..."

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culliver injured his left knee in practice; carted off, hands in head, crying, with Trent Baalke consoling him apparently...rough

And i think this is the injury tally for our team so far

IR: Brandon Carswell (ACL), Alex Debniak (Achilles), Darius Fleming (ACL)
PUP: Crabtree (Achilles), Hunter (Achilles), Manningham (ACL)
Non-Football Injury: Lattimore, Dial, Carradine, Luke Marquardt
Injuries sustained in TC: Willis (hand), Bowman (groin), Patton (hand), Jenkins, Osgood, Williams (hamstring), Lockette (hip)...none of these injuries seem too bad

So all those players + Cully...unless i'm missing someone else.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Culliver injured his left knee in practice; carted off, hands in head, crying, with Trent Baalke consoling him apparently...rough

And i think this is the injury tally for our team so far

IR: Brandon Carswell (ACL), Alex Debniak (Achilles), Darius Fleming (ACL)
PUP: Crabtree (Achilles), Hunter (Achilles), Manningham (ACL)
Non-Football Injury: Lattimore, Dial, Carradine, Luke Marquardt
Injuries sustained in TC: Willis (hand), Bowman (groin), Patton (hand), Jenkins, Osgood, Williams (hamstring), Lockette (hip)...none of these injuries seem too bad

So all those players + Cully...unless i'm missing someone else.
Just read that about Culliver. If his injury turns out to be serious, I would expect Baalke to give Eric Wright a workout.

And jeez, injuries are starting to pile up. Not good, not good at all. :(
Old 08-01-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's just a knee sprain.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Culliver tore his ACL. Done for the season. I'm guessing Brock starts at left corner now or Brown moves to left corner with Asomugha playing right if he makes the roster, which looks like a for sure thing now.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Wouldnt be surprised if we sign Wright to a one year deal.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Blahhh...never was high on Eric Wright. But I guess options are limited now. I'm anxious to see what Marcus Cooper can do. He might not even make the roster, but I'm just curious.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown and Rogers start, Aso comes in for nickel. Brock is 4th.

That is my guess for week one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Brown and Rogers start, Aso comes in for nickel. Brock is 4th.

That is my guess for week one.
Sleeping on Perrish Cox
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I'm not a fan of Wright either but I can deal with him for $1.5m or less for one season. To be perfectly honest, im hoping Asomugha starts over Rogers, we release Rogers and sign Wright to play the slot. Cox would be fourth and Brock would be fifth with Cooper on the practice squad.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Wright has been pretty bad in playing the slot in his NFL career. Passers have had pretty good success against him in that role. There isn't really a point to release Rogers who has experience in that role, has played decent in that role, and already knows the defense.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Anquan looking for you guys? It's tough being a Rams fan....I'm supposed to hate your team but you have so many players I love. Boldin is just one of many.

Oh and Im taking Kaep over RG3, Wilson and Luck. He better not disappoint me!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How's Anquan looking for you guys? It's tough being a Rams fan....I'm supposed to hate your team but you have so many players I love. Boldin is just one of many.
Yeah, I hate that. I hated facing Marshall Faulk, but he was such a dominant player to watch. Always felt like he was going to kill SF.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm not a fan of Wright either but I can deal with him for $1.5m or less for one season. To be perfectly honest, im hoping Asomugha starts over Rogers, we release Rogers and sign Wright to play the slot. Cox would be fourth and Brock would be fifth with Cooper on the practice squad.
Wright won't factor into the equation unless another CB goes down. We had a logjam there anyway so Cully's injury makes things a little more clearer. Aso has been the best CB in camp thus far, according to reports so he's a lock. Barring another injury, Rogers, Aso, Brown, Cox(who has looked better than Rogers covering the slot according to several beat writers), and Brock will be the 5 CBs who make the roster. Just substitute Aso for Cully and its the same CBs we carried last year.

The injuries suck but its part of the game. That's why you develop a deep roster, like Baalke has done so you can offset those injuries. I'm not even really worried about the injuries to be honest at this point. I'm focusing on the guys who have stepped up and been the buzz of camp and its been most of the young, unhearalded guys and that's what you want to see. Ian Williams, Marlon Moore, Eric Reid, Garrett Celek, Vance McDonald and Nick Moody have been receiving rave reviews thus far. And before his hamstring, Kyle Williams was said to have looked just as explosive and dangerous as he did before his injury.That's what you want to see, guys other than the starters stepping up and having a impact. Especially at WR and FS, two big areas of concern to start camp. That bodes well for a successful season.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Larurent Robinson, Lavelle Hawkins, and Austin Collie tried out for the 49ers today.

Personally I wanted us to give Steve Breaston a shot.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Wright won't factor into the equation unless another CB goes down. We had a logjam there anyway so Cully's injury makes things a little more clearer. Aso has been the best CB in camp thus far, according to reports so he's a lock. Barring another injury, Rogers, Aso, Brown, Cox(who has looked better than Rogers covering the slot according to several beat writers), and Brock will be the 5 CBs who make the roster. Just substitute Aso for Cully and its the same CBs we carried last year.

The injuries suck but its part of the game. That's why you develop a deep roster, like Baalke has done so you can offset those injuries. I'm not even really worried about the injuries to be honest at this point. I'm focusing on the guys who have stepped up and been the buzz of camp and its been most of the young, unhearalded guys and that's what you want to see. Ian Williams, Marlon Moore, Eric Reid, Garrett Celek, Vance McDonald and Nick Moody have been receiving rave reviews thus far. And before his hamstring, Kyle Williams was said to have looked just as explosive and dangerous as he did before his injury.That's what you want to see, guys other than the starters stepping up and having a impact. Especially at WR and FS, two big areas of concern to start camp. That bodes well for a successful season.
Asomugha being the best CB thus far for us makes me very happy. Once we signed him, I predicted that he would be our best CB for 2013 and make it extremely difficult for Baalke to not re-sign him. With that said, I only want him to be a one year deal no matter how good he plays because I can definitely see him playing great, earning a short term contract like Rogers and then declining compared to the season that earned him that contract.

Asomugha and Brown as the starters with Rogers in the slot is what it would probably be unless Cox beats out Rogers for that role. If that happens, I can definitely see us signing Wright to be the dime back and release Rogers. All depends on who wins the slot role. Cooper would be on the practice squad.

Injuries do suck but im not really concerned about any of them, not even Crabtree because if anything, Crabtree getting injured will actually help the offense and Kaepernick because he'll now be forced to look at other receivers and his two tight ends which is great because that means he'll get chemistry with those guys which will only help the offense. The second WR spot is a concern but with our five star OL, dominant running game, TE Vernon Davis, TE Vance McDonald (who I think will be better than Walker), Boldin and our RB's such as James and Hunter being used in the passing game, im not really concerned. As long as Kaepernick stays healthy, I'll be a happy camper.

Back to defense, im looking forward to seeing a deeper rotation on the DL and at LB which should keep our starters fresh later in the season and in the playoffs. The only defensive position im concerned about is FS. Obviously, im hoping Reid wins the starting FS spot as Spillman is a beast on ST and I dont want to see him play both. And Dahl just sucks at least to me anyway.

Either way, looking forward to the 2013 season. Five weeks to go until the Packers come to San Fran. :D
Old 08-02-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Austin Collie signs with the 49ers. They plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins too.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Austin Collie signs with the 49ers. They plan to sign Lavelle Hawkins too.
Yep, we signed both of them.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see the D-Line rotation this year myself. Ian Williams has really stood out thus far and I'm anxious to see where Tank and Dial fit in once their healthy. Dorsey has been unspectacular thus far. Solid verus the run but very little push, which why I was weary of that signing intially but its still early.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as long as the front 7 and o line is intact, everything will be okay
Old 08-03-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Vernon Davis continues to shine in practice. Mike Iupati went down during the session for a moment, but returned to finish the day. So that was a scare.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game is about on people go watch it at atdhe.eu full game coverage!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote