Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-26-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Word is a conditional 7th, dependent on making the Saints roster.
Yeah. Seems low, but I'm sure Baalke sees it this way...

1. He'll make the roster so the picks is ours.
2. One less player to cut when everyone gets healthy.
3. Immediately get much younger
4. $1.3 Million towards Iupati's extension that needs done this year before Kaep is eligible.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Word is a conditional 7th, dependent on making the Saints roster.
That seems pretty low, if true. I was hoping for maybe a 5th rounder for a guy who would defintely start for you. I still say he would have made the intial 53 but like Phlysac alluded to, when it was time for guys like Tank and Manningham to return, he may have been in jeopardy of losing his slot.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-26-2013 at 11:44 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye Parys. He was a good, not great, Niner but went through the whole rebuilding process as a 3/4 OLB conversion as a 5th Round pick and ended up playing deep into the playoffs. He'll be on a team that is expected to contend this year as well and receive more playing time there so good for him.

Dan, if you really want to cheat the M25 system, edit his position from OLB to DE and his OVR will be higher as he's an OLB with strength. You then can get even MORE for him than you would. You can also take a 3/4 style DE like RayMac and change switch his position to a DT and his OVR will also go up. I've been doing this trick with these positions (when higher draft picks are desired) for years on both the 360 and before that on the PS2 and it works consistently.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those clamoring for depth or more compensation. Optimism...

2012 - Aldon Smith | Ahmad Brooks | Clark Haggans

2013 - Aldon Smith | Ahmad Brooks | Corey Lemonier | Cam Johnson | Dan Skuta

I'm pretty sure depth has been addressed.

PLUS we added $1.3 Million to help extend Iupati as well as a draft pick.

These tiny moves and luck have paid HUGE towards extending Iupati this season.

$1.3 Million - Trading Haralson

$0.87 Million - Restructuring McCoy

$2.0 Million - Tarell Brown being dumb

$4,170,000 added to help with an extension.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and the FO is being ridiculous (in a good way) with the cap numbers right now. They must have a target number in mind for chunking toward Iupati's new deal. Something tells me there will be an extension announcement soon after final cuts, which would be completely awesome news to my ears.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Oh, and the FO is being ridiculous (in a good way) with the cap numbers right now. They must have a target number in mind for chunking toward Iupati's new deal. Something tells me there will be an extension announcement soon after final cuts, which would be completely awesome news to my ears.
And it would be done with an entire year remaining before Kaep is even eligible to be extended. Glory!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There more I think about the Harlason trade, the more I think its more about Moody than Lemonier. Lemonier was a 3rd round pick. It could be assumed that a 3rd rounder is generally looked at as a guy who's going to make your roster. But Moody has been a pleasant surprise at the ILB spot. I didnt have him on my final 53 because of a guy like Parys. This clears the way for him to make it onto the final 53 and actually stick around when the injured guys come back. Also forgot to mentioned Skuta. He's looked solid on the edge, as well being able to play inside if need be.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-27-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
That seems pretty low, if true. I was hoping for maybe a 5th rounder for a guy who would defintely start for you. I still say he would have made the intial 53 but like Phlysac alluded to, when it was time for guys like Tank and Manningham to return, he may have been in jeopardy of losing his slot.
I was thinking more of a 6th rounder, considering we got Boldin for a 6th.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was thinking more of a 6th rounder, considering we got Boldin for a 6th.
Bengals got a 5th rounder for Keith Rivers. I think Haralson is a better player. But Rivers is also younger so maybe that had something to do with it.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few comments -

-Haralson was coming off a torn triceps injury and missed the entire 2012 season. He's entering the final year of his contract and will be 30 in January. He took a pay cut because it was either that or get released. He'll get his $1.30m with the Saints and can still earn that $400k extra in incentives. I do believe that if he wasnt traded, he was going to be released by Saturday. Either way, he was gone come February so it doesnt matter. It's mainly a salary cap move and roster spot move. The conditional 7th rounder is disappointing but in the end, its still better than nothing which is what we would have received in 2014 with him leaving as an UFA. Bottom line, while I would have liked to keep him in case Aldon or Brooks gets injured, im happy because re-signing/extending other players are far more important.

-I think that McCoy could still be traded by the weekend despite what Harbaugh says. If Wallace plays well on Thursday, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Wallace as the backup and McCoy traded or released. Either way, McCoy getting paid only $630k with no guaranteed money is a win for us regardless of what happens with him.

-According to this 53 player projection article -

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/08...rity-at-qb-wr/

WR Kassim Osgood will most likely make the roster which I agree with. Collie, Hall and Jacobs arent worth a roster spot in my opinion and Osgood is worth more than Hawkins. Besides, once Manningham returns, the 6th WR will most likely be released anyway.

-QB Scott Tolzien is STILL eligible for the practice squad according to an article I just read so he may still be a 49er when all is said and done.

-TE Garrett Celek is expected to make the roster over Gray with him going to the practice squad. Celek is a far better blocker which is needed as I rather see Davis and McDonald running routes on passing plays instead of blocking.

-OL wise, its pretty much set with Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Kilgore, Boone, Snyder and Davis. The eight spot will most likely be Looney even though I prefer Bykowski. Either way, I think that both are practice squad eligible so it doesnt make much difference.

-DL wise, I would still keep Okoye. We have a few roster spots to play with and let's be honest, the bottom spots for players rarely if ever play and while Carradine and Dial will be out for a while, why not keep Okoye until then and see if he improves? I know everyone disagrees with me here and thats fine but I would keep him especially for week one since Dobbs will miss the Packers game due to suspension and we'll have that roster spot for a week.

-With Haralson gone, I think that Cam Johnson will make the team. As of right now, I also see Wilhoite, Moody, Lemonier and Skuta making the roster.

-DB wise, I still see six corners and four safeties.

-ST wise, im hoping that Jennings makes the team but I wouldnt be surprised if they go younger and cheaper.

-The money we saved on Brown should be given to him. The team knew about his $2m bonus and didnt tell him. Personally, they should give it to him or extend him for an extra two years and add it in that way. People talk about players wanting money or whatever but its their livings on the line as well as their health. Just my opinion.

-Regarding Madden, I know about the tricks but dont like to cheat because if I do, I then lose interest in playing and start over. I should get higher than a 7th rounder though for Haralson. :D
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
One of the only times Okoye saw the field (Denver) he was getting pushed 7 yards downfield on every play. But yeah. He needs to make the 53 because he's big and stuff.
Had time to watch the tape, focusing specifically on Okoye.

Play 1 - crashes the pocket, Cassel throws and the ball bounces off Thomas. Hurry.
Play 2 - Double teamed. Gets only 5-6 yards beyond the LOS, but ridden off to the side.
Play 3 - Minimal penetration. Cassel on 3 or 5 step drop, quick throw.
Play 4 - Another bull rush. Lemonier's edge rush forces Cassel to step up. If Cassel went left, he would have gone right into Okoye's arms, but Cassel squirts out the other way.
Play 4 - Basically holds up the tackle. HB goes between Okoye and TJE. Both get a hand on him.
Play 5 - Not sure if Okoye's duty was to seal the edge or not considering Skuta got into the backfield really quickly. Either way, Okoye gets driven away from the play, leaving a large hole.
Play 6 - Unblocked up the middle. Force incompletion.
Play 7 - Double team, driven off to the side, and gets hurt.

He's definitely made some strides. Fires off the snap almost as fast as TJE and makes contact with the blockers at almost the same time. Relies exclusively on the bull rush, and needs to learn how to shed blockers. Pads continue to seem a little too high. Footwork might be an issue. Would like to see him do something like J. Smith with a dip when splitting a double team, or even develop a stack and shed combo.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt McCoy's salary is 630K but he can make all his money back (870 K) by being active for every game. Right now he's looking like the front runner for the #2 job so i'll be surprised if he doesn't earn back his 1.5 million salary.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I would not be surprise if they still end up trading McCoy and going with Wallace, Daniels, or another player from a team we secretly have our eye on. Far-fetched?

I totally forgot about Dobbs suspension. Means that they'll have to dedicate a spot to either TJE or Tukafau for that first week. TJE has played well this pre-season. I doubt he'll clear waivers once Dobbs comes back but they might give it a try, since Tukafau does play STs. Even if TJE gets claimed by another team, we'll be ok because I like what Ive seen from Purcell as well. Our personnel dept seems to have a knack for finding gems as UDFA along the D-Line and developing them for the future. Ian Williams, Tukafau, Dobbs, TJE, and Purcell were all UDFAs and are either coming along quite nicely or have developed into solid depth behind an above average starter. And in Williams case, has developed into a starter.

And I fully expect us to stash Okoye on IR. He injured his knee against the Vikes and though he claims is was "just a sprain" I wouldnt be surprised if they found a way to turn it into something more significant. Teams do it all the time.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-27-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

waived to FA are Lawrence Okoye and Lamar Divens
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Reid has officially won the starting FS job. This was expected though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okoye isn't making the final 53. Stop that crap. Seriously. We're trying to win the Super Bowl, not winning the cricket cup or whatever the Brits call it. He's strong. Whoooopeeeee. He has no ******* technique (not his fault - he's still learning the game). Let's stop this BS right now.
LOL I spit out my drink when reading this hahaha.

"He's strong. WHOOOOOOOPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Hahaha, old school joint of the day. Who could forget Vernon Davis punking Haralson at practice and not giving a **** what Mike Nolan had to say.

New Vernon > Old Vernon

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we're going to have 53 players, 8 on the ps, and a whopping 14 players on IR/NFI/PUP (if Okoye/Divens clear waivers and revert back to IR, otherwise its 12). so anywhere from 73-75 players...crazy

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-27-2013 at 10:02 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointed Okoye was waived but since he's injured, hopefully he clears waivers, goes to IR and he can have the 2014 off-season to hopefully improve.

All those players on IR, PUP and NFI is insane. Thankfully, Kaepernick is not one those players.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thankfully, Kaepernick is not one those players.
You just had to go there...don't jinx the kid Dan, c'mon man
Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

My God how far have we come...

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-28-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
You just had to go there...don't jinx the kid Dan, c'mon man
Oops, sorry. Obviously, im not jinxing him. No reason for me to jinx him or anyone for that matter.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I was mad at Looney when I saw the Williams block, Sunday night.

Now I'm getting confused.

He goes for a cut on another guy and completely whiffs, which is why he was on his hands and knees. He stands up and cuts another guy.

For whatever reason, he was cutting someone on that play, regardless.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what looney did was inexcusable. it was a chicken **** play from him. i wasnt the cleanest player in my playing days but i wouldn't even think about deliberately targeting another players knees.. just horrible

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote