Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-25-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not likely to happen but let's just say if the draft unfolded like this, I'd sleep pretty damn well that weekend:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
2) Eben Britton/Phil Loadholt RT
3) Ron Brace NT
4) Rashad Jennings RB
5) Brooks Foster WR
6) Stephen McGee QB
7) Frantz Joseph/Worrell Williams ILB

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

maybin looked small and i'm not sold on orakpo.
still feel brown plays bigger than 6"2
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not likely to happen but let's just say if the draft unfolded like this, I'd sleep pretty damn well that weekend:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
3) Ron Brace NT
4) Rashad Jennings RB
5) Brooks Foster WR
6) Stephen McGee QB
Yes please.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yes please.
Well, looking at the team's needs, we can go a number of directions based on what pick is made at 10. I figure they go OLB is Orakpo or Brown is there. The biggest need is pass rush, and it should be addressed first. Obviously if someone like Crabtree slipped to 10, I would be all for him being drafted. I just dont see that occurring.

I suppose I could make a "dream" mock for each possible 1st round choice.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Well, after thinking about it, here's my "dream" mock for some realistic scenarios at ten:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB | BJ Raji NT | Michael Oher RT | Michael Crabtree WR
2) Britton/Loadholt RT | Clint Sintim OLB | Clint Sintim OLB | Clay Matthews OLB
3) Ron Brace NT | Loadholt/Kropog RT | Ron Brace NT | Ron Brace NT
4) Rashad Jennings RB | Troy Kropog RT
5) Brooks Foster WR | Jeremiah Johnson RB
6) Stephen McGee QB

The last one is my a fantasy world mock.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, looking at the team's needs, we can go a number of directions based on what pick is made at 10. I figure they go OLB is Orakpo or Brown is there. The biggest need is pass rush, and it should be addressed first. Obviously if someone like Crabtree slipped to 10, I would be all for him being drafted. I just dont see that occurring.

I suppose I could make a "dream" mock for each possible 1st round choice.
Brent, are you jumping on my Crabtree bandwagon? Nice.

BTW, you should make a "dream mock" with Jenkins as the first rounder. Maybe Jenkins/Britton/Brace/Bruton?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Brent, are you jumping on my Crabtree bandwagon? Nice.

BTW, you should make a "dream mock" with Jenkins as the first rounder. Maybe Jenkins/Britton/Brace/Bruton?
I have always been a fan of Crabs but I just never imagined he'd fall to 10. With that gaining possibility, I can't help but think how awesome it'd be to see him in a Niner uniform.

As for Jenkins, I don't see the Niners taking him. His 40 really hurt his chances of being seen as a top 10 pick. He never played safety so I would hate to take a chance on him and stick him at FS only to see him struggle.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have always been a fan of Crabs but I just never imagined he'd fall to 10. With that gaining possibility, I can't help but think how awesome it'd be to see him in a Niner uniform.

As for Jenkins, I don't see the Niners taking him. His 40 really hurt his chances of being seen as a top 10 pick. He never played safety so I would hate to take a chance on him and stick him at FS only to see him struggle.
Oh, I thought you were down on Crabtree earlier this offseason. Something about his route-running and separation or something like that. Maybe that was someone else.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Oh, I thought you were down on Crabtree earlier this offseason. Something about his route-running and separation or something like that. Maybe that was someone else.
Oh, I wasn't a fan of his ability to get separation but that was in the context of him being an top 5 pick. If he fell to us, I don't see how we could pass on him. He's a receiving threat that we've been missing on offense for a while. Morgan/Hill/Crabs = Heavenly.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be all for some Crabs in San Fran.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

1) Orakpo/Brown OLB
3) Ron Brace NT
4) Rashad Jennings RB
5) Brooks Foster WR
6) Stephen McGee QB
You criticize me for having Quinn Johnson in the 5th? The end of the round by the way because it was a projected compensatory pick.

This mock is predicated on a lot of players falling.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that Crabs still doesn't fall to us, but there's at least SOME chance now, whereas before there was no way. If he fell, he'd be the pick, especially with Johnson not returning.

I'm not sold on Jenkins at all, and the combine killed his draft stock. He may not be the first CB off the board now (Vontae Davis) and the Niners would be foolish to take him at 10. If they wanted him, they should trade down into the teens at least. And, if Vontae is the best CB in the Draft, I don't want him either. ONE overpaid (and overdrafted) DAVIS with an ego is enough for this team!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
You criticize me for having Quinn Johnson in the 5th? The end of the round by the way because it was a projected compensatory pick.

This mock is predicated on a lot of players falling.
I said it's "not likely to happen." I don't believe any of those players will fall, that was just something I wish would happen.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we picked up either Williams or Brinkley we'd have a pretty sick LB rotation. Now if we could only find an effective pass rusher.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the latest Kirwan mock, he has us taking DHB. I wouldn't be totally against that. He also has Beanie Wells dropping out the 1st round which also excites me.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
In the latest Kirwan mock, he has us taking DHB. I wouldn't be totally against that. He also has Beanie Wells dropping out the 1st round which also excites me.
No way Beanie drops out of the first after his combine performance.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No way Beanie drops out of the first after his combine performance.
Apparently that was post combine since he talks about DHB's 40 time.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gibril Wilson signed with Dolphins.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...gibril_wilson/

We got beat by the Tuna, though they reportedly gave him a 5 year deal. I don't think the Niners were ready to give him a long term contract like that.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the 49ers should really go after Fred Taylor. I live in Jacksonville and can tell you guys first hand that he still has something left in the tank. Sign him, don't resign Foster, and go into next season with our running back rotation Gore/Taylor/Clayton.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that the 49ers should really go after Fred Taylor. I live in Jacksonville and can tell you guys first hand that he still has something left in the tank. Sign him, don't resign Foster, and go into next season with our running back rotation Gore/Taylor/Clayton.
They already said Foster is not coming back. I really want to see Thomas Clayton get a chance, but if he hasn't gotten one yet it must be for a good reason. Looking at the FA class I hope we either bring in Justin Griffith, or Norris. I really want Kalif Barnes after reading some of the latest FA articles it sounds like the prices won't be as high as we think due to the economy so there still might be a chance.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would love that.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I would love that.
He is probably going to be a Bill or a Patriot though.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I'm starting to think if we go defense with the number ten pick, and someone like Oher falls into the 20's we should trade up and get him like we did with Willis/Staley.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont want Crabtree at all and while I still favor Jenkins, I dont think that he's worth the 10th pick anymore. If we coud trade down to 15, still get him and an extra pick, that would be great.

At 10, im leaning towards OLB Everette Brown because we need a pass rusher badly.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Another guy we should consider is Kevin Burnett from Dallas. He is a young guy that could be our TED for a long time.