Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-29-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
His name is Chuck Jacobs.
Haha. I knew you were going to mention him. Of course, he would have to step up to the active roster first.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do I buy a larger Jersey or sweat shirt for next weekend game vs GB? My first time going to a live NFL game, gonna be awesome!!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
We already beat the "best QB" in the league in his house to start the 2012 season with Smith as our QB and we won. Not concerned about the Packers whatsoever.
Hope you're right. We're facing them at Lambeau, and our previous games and record mean absolutely nothing right now.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Hope you're right. We're facing them at Lambeau, and our previous games and record mean absolutely nothing right now.
True. We have a far better team overall. If the players and especially the coaches can live up to that, we'll win. If not, we'll lose.

As has been my main complaint since 2011, it will all come down to the play calling. Granted, the players have to execute but there's a lot of plays that are called that have no chance at being executed. What's worse is that these kind of plays get called more than once.

Take today for example...a run with Dixon on 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1 plus other examples. It makes no sense at all especially after the first quarter which was probably our best played quarter of the entire season. Shame we cant get a full game like today's first quarter, especially on offense.

Oh well, we'll see next Sunday. What I do know is that im cheering for the Saints Saturday night.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense has been really bad the last 2 weeks. And our pass rush non-existent. We didn't really pressure Roders a lot in game 1 either.

Keep in mind guys, we needed Kaep to have 430+ total yards and we only beat them by 6 points...at home, in perfect weather.

I'm worried that Rodgers will carve up our defense with big plays. If Palmer, Ryan, and even Glennon can have multiple big plays against us, what the hell is the best QB in the NFL going to do to us?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's my biggest concern. 1 sack in two weeks (Bowman)

Zero sacks against the Falcons and the Panthers sacked Ryan NINE times yesterday.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not about sacks, its about pressure. Sacks are a nice stat and all but pressure can be just as disruptive, even if you dont get the QB on the ground.

In the Falcons game, it was short-passing coupled with them max-protecting virtually the entire game. They had Gonzales staying in to block more than he has all season. They knew it was their only chance against out front. They did a good job of chipping guys on the edges, mixed with max-protect. Its hard to get sacks when you leave 6 guys in to block 4 rushers.

Haven't seen the All-22 from the Cards game yet but it seemed like they followed the same plan as the Falcons. People have to understand, the scheme Fangio runs will allow for you to get beat with the short pass. We run a lot of off-man coverage and combo looks on the back-end. He rushes just four more than any other DC in the league. Fangio wants to confuse you with different coverage looks and make the QB hold the ball longer, banking on his great front four getting there. Its not a bend but don't break defense, its requires an offense to be patience and precise. Its not an aggressive defense and I know we as fans get frustrated with that because we are deep with talent on within the front seven. I've been adamant about Fangio needing to be more aggressive and use more of his personnel. But we've been a consistently top 5 defense in the league since his arrival. We're third in points allowed this year. 2nd in pass yards per attempt. Sometimes yards get rolled up on us but we don't give up big plays through the air and we keep teams out of the endzone for the most part. Its not all bad but yeah, a guy like Palmer shouldn't be putting up 400 yards on us. Not even Rodgers threw for 400 yards on us.

Right now, its the secondary not stepping up IMO. Lapses in coverage, bad technique, etc. T. Brown needs to go back to starting at LCB. Brock has had a great year but hasnt looked as good starting at LCB as he looked when he was the nickelback and playing primarily on the right side. And T. Brown doesn't look as comfortable playing on the right-side as he did on playing on the left. If it ain't broke, why fix it? The secondary was humming along nicely until Brown's injury. Brown had been playing very good on the left-side until his injury. When you screw with guys positions, you screw with the chemistry. The experiment needs to be over and done with....we're going into Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood next Sunday. Need to put the guys in the secondary in the best position to succeed.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right on cue VAfy-ya. We need Brown back on the left side.

Our play calling on offense better be good to for Sunday if we leave Rodgers on the field too long its game over. Also with Cobb back it's going to be hard but not impossible to stop their passing game.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I certainly didn't see 12-4 coming into the season. Gotta give them props on that. I had them at 10 or 11 wins at most so the record is pretty impressive from that standpoint.

Biggest surprise: Tremaine Brock's emergence. Did not see that coming. He's a legitimite starting CB. Very, very happy with his development.

Biggest disappointment: Run blocking. Just not seeing much dominance. They've gotten manhandled too much. Short-yardage is borderline pathetic.

Areas needing improvement next year: DL needs to be more disruptive. They get some push, but it's usually not enough or too late. Secondary also needs more talent. Rogers is done. Who knows about Cully. Whitner will probably go. That actually might be a blessing if they fill his spot effectively. And I still dream of a large-bodied endzone threat WR. My Colston fetish.

Still, outstanding regular season despite some of the limitations (I'm looking at you Roman.)

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Do you guys think Easily can play in the 3-4 ? I would love for us to pick him in round one if hes there if not a CB would be nice or Lee if he falls to us.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean Kony Ealy?

I believe he can. He's built a bit in between Aldon Smith and Tank Carradine but his style of play is similar to Aldon.

It would seem odd to place such a priority on OLB though with Lemonier being so young. But BPA is BPA.

Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Demarcus Lawrence or Randy Gregory with one of the late 2nd or multiple 3rd picks, though.

Last edited by phlysac : 12-30-2013 at 11:15 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we lost offensive line coach Tim Drevno to USC as an offensive line coach. Strange. I wonder if he got a significant pay raise.

And Jim Tomsula might actually be in the mix as a head coaching candidate. I certainly hope not. He has been fantastic coaching up our players. That being said, I would be happy for him if he actually got an NFL head coaching job. Or even a promotion to coordinator.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...ad-coach-looks

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, Carlos Rogers' status is uncertain for the Green Bay playoff game after he tweaked his hamstring. We brought back Perrish Cox as a countermeasure.

Quote:
As the 49ers began preparing Monday for their playoff showdown with the Green Bay Packers, cornerback Carlos Rogers headed for an MRI exam on his injured right hamstring.

That means the 49ers could be doing a secondary shuffle before facing a Packers passing attack that ranked sixth in the NFL -- even without quarterback Aaron Rodgers for much of the season.

The 49ers bolstered their defensive backfield Monday by signing cornerback Perrish Cox, although Coach Jim Harbaugh said the team planned on that transaction even before Rogers went down late in Sunday's victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...playoff-opener

Quote:
Old 12-31-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Our 2014 opponents:

Home: Chicago, Kansas City, Philadelphia, San Diego, Washington, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis

Away: Dallas, New Orleans, New York Giants, Denver, Oakland, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis

Other than our divisional games, our home schedule looks pretty easy. Our road games are a little tough, but not bad. A lot will obviously change by next year of course. Having to go to New Orleans for a third straight year is ridiculous though. They should come here.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

NO NO I mean Dominic Easiley from Florida.

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 12-31-2013 at 01:48 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drenvo was JH's longest tenured assistant, going back to his SD University days. But seeing as we have two O-Line coaches, I don't think we'll miss him much. Solari is considered one of the best in the business so we should be fine.

I don't think Tomsula is a viable HC canidiate yet. Sure people will want to interview him because he's a exceptionally good position coach. But he would have to have a tremendous interview to come away with a HC gig. And there's the stigma that very few positional coaches make the successful leap to HC(John Harbaugh and Andy Reid are the only ones that come to mind). I understand he was a HC in NFL Europe but that's the equivalent of being a D-League coach in the NBA. Night and day difference. I think he'll interview to get his name out there. GMs will tell him what to improve on in the interview process so he's better prepared for the next go round of vacancies.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

First post of the new year. Happy new years to all of you!

How's everyone feeling about that Packer game?

Its supposed to be like -30 F with the wind chill and both Rogers and Wright injured their hamstrings (Wright today in practice). I think the cold will affect the game, but won't provide a tangible benefit to one team just because nobody can prepare for that cold of a day. I am worried about how our pass defense will hold up down 2 important players though....it would leave Perrish Cox and Daryl Morris as our immediate backup Corners....
Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Thanks and Happy New Year to you too bud...and everyone else here!!!

Packers game...their defense is horrible. If we can make the Packers one dimensional and Roman can call a good game for all four quarters, I think that we'll win. Not worried about the cold. Kaepernick was born and raised in Wisconsin or at least I remember reading that he was or whatever so he should be fine. He's built like a rock and once the players start running around, they'll be fine. Its sitting on the bench thats the worse. Hopefully, we can keep Rodgers there so he can be ice cold in two ways. LOL.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thanks and Happy New Year to you too bud...and everyone else here!!!

Packers game...their defense is horrible. If we can make the Packers one dimensional and Roman can call a good game for all four quarters, I think that we'll win. Not worried about the cold. Kaepernick was born and raised in Wisconsin or at least I remember reading that he was or whatever so he should be fine. He's built like a rock and once the players start running around, they'll be fine. Its sitting on the bench thats the worse. Hopefully, we can keep Rodgers there so he can be ice cold in two ways. LOL.
Lmao Dan what the f@#$ does kaepernick being born in Wisconsin have anything to do with him being able to withstand cold on a given night. If you want to get technical he grew up in turlock in norcal and played college ball in the f@#$ing desert.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Ya it's gonna be a fun time watching the game live in green bay. What a weekend to buy tickets. Why can't the NFL start sooner lol.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Wright going down is a huge blow. I think the game is still going to be defined by our defensive front seven being able to get pressure on Aaron Rodgers. If we can get in his face a good amount of the time, especially without sending the house, then the game should be close enough for our offense to go out there and win it.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next man up - Cox.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turlock is in the Central Valley lol. He might have played a game or two in sub 40 weather. Nothing like Green Bay in January.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
Lmao Dan what the f@#$ does kaepernick being born in Wisconsin have anything to do with him being able to withstand cold on a given night. If you want to get technical he grew up in turlock in norcal and played college ball in the f@#$ing desert.
Figured that if he was born and grew up there that he would know how cold it can get there and thus, he would be used to and it wont bother him as much as say, the Saints who are average at best outside their dome. If he didnt grow up in Wisconsin, I guess it doesnt matter then. I thought he did and that being used to the cold weather there would help him Sunday.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
I'm pretty sure he lived in WI until middle school. He learned how to throw in that cold. I'm not saying it's an advantage, because I do see you points. I just think it's worth watching.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote