Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Why? Seahawks have a great team and they're better than us. They have better coaching, better defense and more importantly, players who do their talking on the field where as all we have is the complete opposite.

I dont like the Seahawks but I do love their secondary. And quite honestly, im sorry but after seeing Crabtree put his face in Sherman's, possibly starting a fight with him at a charity event and Kaepernick mouthing off, plus Harbaugh gave bad references to Sherman which is why he fell to the fifth round. Come on, you dont do crap like that. Thats why they dont win.

Bash me all you want but until this team MATURES, they aint winning ****.
Yeah the Seahawks have a good team. I know this. Doesn't mean I'm going to be happy they won. That would be like a Giants fan saying they're thrilled the Eagles won. All that nonsense you just typed has nothing to do with being happy the Seahawks won. If you're a 49ers fan that is.

Oy, it's going to be a long offseason.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a 49ers but im not mad. I respect the Seahawks because their GM and HC have built a great team and are on the same page and work together. Its pretty obvious that our GM and HC dont plus Seahawks just go out and play. They mouth off when they win. We have guys that mouth off even when they're not playing. Sorry, except for a few veterans like Gore, Willis. Justin, etc. we have young immature guys who think that they're better than what they actually are. Thats not going to win you championships.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish they would let me ban people.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im a 49ers but im not mad. I respect the Seahawks because their GM and HC have built a great team and are on the same page and work together. Its pretty obvious that our GM and HC dont plus Seahawks just go out and play. They mouth off when they win. We have guys that mouth off even when they're not playing. Sorry, except for a few veterans like Gore, Willis. Justin, etc. we have young immature guys who think that they're better than what they actually are. Thats not going to win you championships.
We get it. You're a 49ers fan that is happy the Seahawks won. Congratulations. This must be a special time for you. Go out and celebrate.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? Seahawks have a great team and they're better than us. They have better coaching, better defense and more importantly, players who do their talking on the field where as all we have is the complete opposite.

I dont like the Seahawks but I do love their secondary. And quite honestly, im sorry but after seeing Crabtree put his face in Sherman's, possibly starting a fight with him at a charity event and Kaepernick mouthing off, plus Harbaugh gave bad references to Sherman which is why he fell to the fifth round. Come on, you dont do crap like that. Thats why they dont win.

Bash me all you want but until this team MATURES, they aint winning ****.
A better team? Dan did you see us go into Seattle and dominate 90% of the plays 2 weeks ago?? A fourth down hail mary and a huge kickoff return a long with some really s hitty calls were the only reason they even got by us. I am dead serious when I say that we have been the best team in the NFL for 3 years straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk has zero to do with what happens on the field, I don't know if you have played a lot of sports but it is very possible to be the most hard working and dedicated athlete and still talk a little smack, (see Jordan, Michael). In the end the only thing that matters is actions, not words.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really wish they would let me ban people.
Why? Because I respect the Seahawks? Maybe if the players on our team had more respect, they would have been the team that won the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We get it. You're a 49ers fan that is happy the Seahawks won. Congratulations. This must be a special time for you. Go out and celebrate.
I'm not going to do that. I'm not mad like you guys are. Seahawks won one Super Bowl. Big deal. When they get to four, I'll be concerned. Until then, nope. I'm happy that they won because it will hopefully show our own team how to play and act like a winning championship team is supposed to be. Not stuck up egomaniacs that are too damn immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
A better team? Dan did you see us go into Seattle and dominate 90% of the plays 2 weeks ago?? A fourth down hail mary and a huge kickoff return a long with some really s hitty calls were the only reason they even got by us. I am dead serious when I say that we have been the best team in the NFL for 3 years straight.
90% doesnt count if the other team wins based on the other 10%. And yeah, Seattle is better just like the Ravens last year and the Giants before that. Team has the skill and talent but it doesnt have the leadership to win. You look at a guy like Wilson and he's the complete opposite of what Kaepernick is and thats why he won. He makes plays and plays smart. Kaepernick makes plays but he also makes mistakes and his mistakes are always at critical times. Seahawks simply go out there and win. They win because they play great majority of the time.

We dont. We cant even convert 3rd downs half the time and have to settle for field goals. Our defense is excellent but doesnt get the turnovers that it should get. They arent dominant.

Reason Seahawks beat us is because we turned the ball over three times in the fourth quarter and all three were because of Kaepernick. We also played like crap after leading 10-0. We should have beat the Seahawks but shoulda, coulda, woulda but didnt. Like the Broncos, you cant win against the Seahawks if you turn the ball over. To beat Seattle, you have to play better than them and sorry, we havent since 2011 and unless this team improves in certain areas, its going to be a while before we beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

You guys can bash me all you want but you know what im saying is the truth. Team doesnt get better in certain areas and mature and grow up, im sorry but we're not going to win. And im sure as hell not going to get pissed or drive myself nuts over any of it. None of the money is going in my pocket. 49ers win, great...I'll be happy but if they lose, there's always next year. Not the end of the world.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

If the ball deflects off Sherman's hand and into Cratree's hands everybody would be kissing Kap's a$$ right now. Game of inches, best team doesn't always win or the best team in the NFL would always go undefeated Dan..

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp
Talk has zero to do with what happens on the field, I don't know if you have played a lot of sports but it is very possible to be the most hard working and dedicated athlete and still talk a little smack, (see Jordan, Michael). In the end the only thing that matters is actions, not words.
Yeah, it does. Because when you're talking smack and mouthing off, you're not paying attention or focused on what you should be doing. I have played sports, mainly just for fun and as a hobby when I was younger. I played against people that talked smack. Those people would usually lose because they didnt know how to play as a team and werent focused or concentrating.

I know Jordan talked trash. I was a Bulls fan back then. But the difference is that Jordan's level of play allowed him to talk trash. He always backed it up. Guys nowadays talk trash and arent even good enough to back it up. Jordan was also clutch which is one of the most important aspects in sports. If you cant come through in the clutch, chances are, you arent going to win many games and more importantly, many (if any) championships.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
If the ball deflects off Sherman's hand and into Cratree's hands everybody would be kissing Kap's a$$ right now. Game of inches, best team doesn't always win or the best team in the NFL would always go undefeated Dan..
IF IF IF.....if this, if that....doesnt mean anything because it DIDNT happen. Kaepernick said the same thing, if he throws the ball a foot further, it would have been a TD and Sherman would have been the goat of the game but guess what, it didnt...the funny thing is that instead of saying it, Kaepernick should have done it but of course, when you're rushing for no apparent reason, you make mistakes and there you go.

I stopped kissing Kaepernick's ass or even the team's ass. Kaepernick has to IMPROVE in so many areas that you would think, he would have this past season but he didnt at all. He still makes the same mistakes. He cares more about muscle mass than basic fundamentals.

People talk about being spoiled from all the Super Bowl championships but now, most are spoiled because the team sucked for nine years. The difference is that the team that won those Super Bowls had better coaching, better play calling, better leadership and yes, better players than what we have now.

Too many people defend Kaepernick and how many times does he need to screw up before people stop defending him? Add in all this other off the field crap and im sorry, im completely turned off to the guy. Guy should be 100% focused on football and getting better and improving his fundamentals. Instead, he's doing interviews bashing Sherman, the Seahawks and even bashed Harbaugh for taking that time out in the Super Bowl. Seriously, guy just needs to shut up and prove that he's worth what he's most going to get paid on the field and winning games and championships. Not by showing off his muscles and tattoos which he seems to care more about than football.

And yeah, im definitely concerned once he gets paid that he wont care at all and just enjoy his money like the majority do once they get paid.

With that said, Kaepernick is just one of the many reasons why 2014 is so important for the team. They can either get better, become more mature, call better plays, execute better and BEAT the Seahawks or they can decline.

None of it is up to me either way. Its up to Kaepernick to be a better leader and lead the team. Thats what he's going to get paid as such but being paid as a leader and actually leading the team not just to a Super Bowl appearance but by WINNING it (you know the thing that matters most and separates winners from losers) and playing SMARTER. He thinks that his physical attributes can overcome his negatives. He's wrong and you dont need to be a genius to figure out any of this.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well damn, I wake up and see the score....did the Broncos even get off the bus? Didn't see that one coming...

And for once, I'm with Dan. I don't get the butthurt by Ness and others. Hawks won. They had a great team and dominanted all year for the most part. Their fanbase finally has something to celebrate...congrats to them. I was fortuate to witness and celebrate 3 SB wins in my lifetime(actually 4 but I was way too young to appreciate and understand the significance of the SB win over the Dolphins). When their fanbase can say the same, then I might start to care about their success. I don't know one Seahawk fan personally so it won't be a long off-season for me. It was their year. I'll repeat this for those who maybe wasn't listening the first time...I don't hate the Seahawks as much as I do alot of teams. Them winning their first SB does nothing for me as a fan. They've defintely upped the bar in the divison, the same way the Rams did in their 'Greatest Show On Turf' days. But its not like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Pats, or Giants won another one. I can live in a world where the Seahawks have one SB victory.

It's up to us as a organization to surpass the bar the Hawks have set. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Hawks will be the hunted next year. A lot of their players have tasted the champagne...now they will want to get paid. They will have some tough decisions coming next off-season and beyond. We've already experienced some of the sting of success and losing players. We're still right there in the thick of things. Only time will tell if they will be able to do the same. But for now, they're the champs. Sherman and Co have the right to run their mouths....they've earned it. Hopefully this makes guys in this organization even more hungry and humble. Do your talking with your play on the field next year. Leave the back in forth in the media to them.

And this is 3 years in a row that our final loss of the season has come at the hands of the eventual SB champs....now that DOES suck :/
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Well damn, I wake up and see the score....did the Broncos even get off the bus? Didn't see that one coming...

And for once, I'm with Dan. I don't get the butthurt by Ness and others. Hawks won. They had a great team and dominanted all year for the most part. Their fanbase finally has something to celebrate...congrats to them. I was fortuate to witness and celebrate 3 SB wins in my lifetime(actually 4 but I was way too young to appreciate and understand the significance of the SB win over the Dolphins). When their fanbase can say the same, then I might start to care about their success. I don't know one Seahawk fan personally so it won't be a long off-season for me. It was their year. I'll repeat this for those who maybe wasn't listening the first time...I don't hate the Seahawks as much as I do alot of teams. Them winning their first SB does nothing for me as a fan. They've defintely upped the bar in the divison, the same way the Rams did in their 'Greatest Show On Turf' days. But its not like the Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, Pats, or Giants won another one. I can live in a world where the Seahawks have one SB victory.

It's up to us as a organization to surpass the bar the Hawks have set. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Hawks will be the hunted next year. A lot of their players have tasted the champagne...now they will want to get paid. They will have some tough decisions coming next off-season and beyond. We've already experienced some of the sting of success and losing players. We're still right there in the thick of things. Only time will tell if they will be able to do the same. But for now, they're the champs. Sherman and Co have the right to run their mouths....they've earned it. Hopefully this makes guys in this organization even more hungry and humble. Do your talking with your play on the field next year. Leave the back in forth in the media to them.

And this is 3 years in a row that our final loss of the season has come at the hands of the eventual SB champs....now that DOES suck :/
I don't think you read Dan's initial post correctly. There is a difference between respecting your opponent and being happy they won. The Seahawks won the game. They have a great team. I was never questioning that. But I would question another 49ers fan that is HAPPY they won the game. Having respect for a team is one thing, but also being happy they won the game is completely different. I mean are you going to jizz on yourself too now that the Seahawks are champions? Are you happy they're hoisting the Lombardi trophy and the 49ers aren't?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-03-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Oh by the way Dan welcome to the **** list. By that I mean ignore list. I've had all I can handle from you. Maybe things change once the season starts. Just tired of sifting through BS posts.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think you read Dan's initial post correctly. There is a difference between respecting your opponent and being happy they won. The Seahawks won the game. They have a great team. I was never questioning that. But I would question another 49ers fan that is HAPPY they won the game. Having respect for a team is one thing, but also being happy they won the game is completely different. I mean are you going to jizz on yourself too now that the Seahawks are champions?
Meh, I don't think he's actually HAPPY Ness, c'mon. I think you guys are arguing over semantics. Maybe he didn't want Peyton to win? Maybe he hates the Bronocs? I'm not going to try and decipher anybody motives and why their allegiances are what they are. Its not that deep in all honesty. I think his viewpoint is along the same lines as mines.

As Niner fan, if you want to be mad about something, be mad that Luke Kechley is the DPOY as a ILB, yet Navarro Bowman, who had a better year, didn't even receive one single vote for the award. Now that's some ******!

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-03-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think you read Dan's initial post correctly. There is a difference between respecting your opponent and being happy they won. The Seahawks won the game. They have a great team. I was never questioning that. But I would question another 49ers fan that is HAPPY they won the game. Having respect for a team is one thing, but also being happy they won the game is completely different. I mean are you going to jizz on yourself too now that the Seahawks are champions? Are you happy they're hoisting the Lombardi trophy and the 49ers aren't?
I'm happy the Seahawks won for two reasons. Unlike the Seahawks, I hate Peyton Manning and im so sick of hearing that he's the greatest when he's not so im happy he lost. Second being that hopefully this wakes up our team and several players who quite honestly, need a wake up call.

During the game, I wasnt excited or happy and jumping around and whatnot. I watched the entire game and except for a big hit here and there, I didnt say a word and wasnt emotional at all. Quite honestly, I didnt care who won but if I had to pick, I would have picked the Seahawks because they do have a great coached and built team.

I respect them and have to admit that after Sherman's tirade and reading about what Crabtree did at a charity event last summer and him putting his hand in Sherman's face at the end of the NFCCG, I actually like and respect the Seahawks.

Dont know about you or anyone else but I can admit that if there's anything I love about the Seahawks, its their secondary. I love their secondary. I love their aggressive, man coverage play style at the LOS. What I love about the Seahawks is what we should be doing and what we should be but arent.

Thats why I want certain players gone and new blood to be brought in. This is why im hoping this off-season, Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio change their styles because what we're doing isnt enough to win a Championship. Its not. Getting there means none unless you win, plain and simple. Like they say, winning cures all and thats the damn truth.

Whether or not any of that happens remains to be seen.

Quote:
Oh by the way Dan welcome to the **** list. By that I mean ignore list. I've had all I can handle from you. Maybe things change once the season starts. Just tired of sifting through BS posts.
Thats fine. No problems here.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh, I don't think he's actually HAPPY Ness, c'mon. I think you guys are arguing over semantics. Maybe he didn't want Peyton to win? Maybe he hates the Bronocs? I'm not going try to decipher anybody motives and why their allegiances are what they are. Its not that deep in all honesty. I think his viewpoint is along the same lines as mines.

As Niner fan, if you want to be mad about something, be mad that Luke Kechley is the DPOY as a ILB, yet Navarro Bowman, who had a better year, didn't even receive one single vote for the award. Now that's some ******!
This.

And like you, im not happy about Bowman not receiving any votes. Him holding onto the ball in the NFCCG while tearing ligaments should have earned him some votes alone. This is something to be mad or upset about.

Seahawks winning their first Super Bowl? Nahhh....no biggie. When they get to four, then I'll hate them. Until that day, I just shrug and thats it.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Well I think its safe to say the real SB was played 2 weeks ago in Seattle...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 02-03-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Well I think its safe to say the real SB was played 2 weeks in Seattle...
True. I expected a closer game but it was a blowout the entire way. People will use whatever as an excuse for Peyton but truth is, he's average in the playoffs. Granted, his defense and his pass protection was bad but they gave up on the running game so early. Manning attempted 50 passes or something. Way too many. Broncos became pass happy and thats one thing you cant become against the Seahawks. Their secondary is too damn good.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:29 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

On a related note, another reason why I wanted the Seahawks to win is because with a Super Bowl championship, all of their upcoming free agents have just had their money demands increase. This off-season alone, im expecting them to pay Sherman, Thomas, Baldwin, Wright and Smith. Possibly others. Next year, Irvin, Wilson, Wagner and possibly others. I'm hoping that they cant pay everyone but sadly, they have a LOT of cap room.

That I will admit im pissed about but oh well. It is what it is.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Meh, I don't think he's actually HAPPY Ness, c'mon. I think you guys are arguing over semantics. Maybe he didn't want Peyton to win? Maybe he hates the Bronocs? I'm not going to try and decipher anybody motives and why their allegiances are what they are. Its not that deep in all honesty. I think his viewpoint is along the same lines as mines.

He literally said he's happy. It's pretty clear, cut, and dry. I'm not arguing over semantics. He wrote it. Twice actually. And his "reasoning" that he's happy the Seahawks are hoisting the trophy instead of the 49ers is so that it will "show" the 49ers organization how to win one. Because I guess these last three seasons they were incapable.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-03-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He literally said he's happy. It's pretty clear, cut, and dry. I'm not arguing over semantics. He wrote it. Twice actually. And his "reasoning" that he's happy the Seahawks are hoisting the trophy instead of the 49ers is so that it will "show" the 49ers organization how to win one. Because I guess these last three seasons they were incapable.
I just don't see the need to get argumentative over it. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels. We're ALL Niner fans here. Questioning ppls 'fandom' based of their reaction off of another team's success just seems like a waste of time and energy to me. Moving on....

I didn't watch the game but just looking at the box score, I hope ppl NOW start to appreciate just how good of a game CK had against THAT defense, IN Seattle no less. I know you can't cherry-pick the INTs but he was a couple of throws away from beating that defense single-handley. It would be wise for ppl not to just harp on what he isn't, but to appreciate what he is. Peyton was being hailed as the greatest QB of all time before this game. Safe to say, even the GOAT can struggle against that defense.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
On a related note, another reason why I wanted the Seahawks to win is because with a Super Bowl championship, all of their upcoming free agents have just had their money demands increase. This off-season alone, im expecting them to pay Sherman, Thomas, Baldwin, Wright and Smith. Possibly others. Next year, Irvin, Wilson, Wagner and possibly others. I'm hoping that they cant pay everyone but sadly, they have a LOT of cap room.

That I will admit im pissed about but oh well. It is what it is.
I really haven't seen any evidence of this unless you are talking about playing Madden, teams are too smart to fall for this. Players are payed by projected performance only.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:

90% doesnt count if the other team wins based on the other 10%. And yeah, Seattle is better just like the Ravens last year and the Giants before that.
Sorry to necro this by a page but you surely cannot really believe this right? BAL and NYG both won the lottery against us. Do you really believe that if we played those teams 10 times under the same conditions that we would not have won at least 6-7 of them? I mean honestly?

BAL threw up multiple long range hail mary type of passes that landed, needed a kickoff TD return, and (2) missed holding calls to beat us (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuHVXrWmTFM, and http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/1...-nfl-rule-book.

The NYG needed Ted Ginn to be injured and Kyle Williams to lose 3 fumbles, I repeat 3 fumble losses, 2 of which were inside our 30 yard line and 1 of which of course was in overtime to beat us (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwcvtQsiiM4). And don't forget the horrible "forward progress" call (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMCk9r_GYwc).

Quote:
Old 02-03-2014, 03:00 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Happy to see Seattle win????????? WTF is wrong with you???? No seriously, WTF is wrong with you??? You need to pick a different team or a different psychologist/psychiatrist. You are sick man, really, SICK!!!! I just came back on this forum yesterday and I already need a break from you psychos. Better logic would be found under the Raider forums I'm sure. Wow, just WOW
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm far more pissed about last years SB than anything else. Watching a rival win is easier when your team has a SB ring. NFC's only going to get tougher. And if we sign Kaep and Aldon to big deals, thats less money for Boldin, FA's, etc. We need to kill it in the 2014 draft and have our 2013 draft picks start to make impacts. I'm looking for Carradine, Lemonier, Patton, and Lattimore to take that next step. Hopefully Vance too.

I am jealous of Seattle's Secondary...Eric Reid has played well and shown some serious potential. But i'd love 2 big physical DB's with speed like Chancellor/Sherman duo for the Seahawks in the draft (and both were 5th round picks....Chancellor is what Taylor Mays was supposed to be). A speed WR in the draft who can return kicks and punts. Another RB in case Lattimore can't handle the load in place of Gore (who i expect to have a reduced role and salary or not be on the team anymore). And 2 interior OL, 1 to take over at C, and a G in case we can't re-sign Iupati. And with 11-12 picks i think we can get everything on our wish list, especially with 5 in the first 3 rounds.

I also want some added pass rush help, but i'm assuming Lemonier and Carradine can fill that void too.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote