Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-30-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Brandon Coleman career highlights. Thoughts?

dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Englighten me on these several bad decisions. He came out and said what most football players have been saying for years. Was it political correct? No. But I have heard that same sentiment from several pro athelets and just athletes in general. Media took it and ran with it but he's not the first person to express those feelings from a locker room perspective. Other than that, I don't recall him getting into any trouble off the field.
How about what he was charged with during this latest incident? He's charged with felony hit and run, felony reckless driving with injury, felony possession of brass knuckles, misdemeanor hit and run and misdemeanor driving on a suspended license. That's five bad decisions right there. I'd say that denotes as several. If you want to add on the stupid comment he made at the Super Bowl that is six bad decisions.

Just because you have an opinion and we live in the USA doesn't mean you can say whatever the heck you want and get away with it. Who the hell cares if "so and so" also said the same thing or expressed the same feelings. I remember when Garrison Hearst said pretty much the same thing over ten years ago. It was stupid then and it's stupid now. Just do your job and don't say anything that will put the NFL in a bad light. If you want to keep your job that is.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How does Moncrief need more development than Evans? That's a very debatable statement. Moncreif has concentration issues like most guys who get by with being bigger and faster than the opposition in college. But there's is nothing Evans does particularly better than Moncrief at this point except high-point the ball. And Moncrief is no slouch in that area either.
Other than the one back shoulder catch against Texas he body caught every pass in both of those game tapes. I wish they had some 2013 film on him. He's not going to be able to make those catches consistently at the NFL level where he will be working in much tighter spaces. Evans is better at using his body to make space and catch passes, is a hands catcher, and has moves in the open field to gain YAC. Moncrief is straight speed and you won't outrun everybody I'm the NFL. Moncrief is a little better at running certain routes, but that's the only edge that I see. Another thing I love about Evans is he always raised his level of play against the the best competition. Two best games of his career were both against Bama.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what you're saying but look at Vernon Davis' three biggest catches in the Saints NFCCG.

The 40 yard bomb down the left sideline...

The 10 yard slant resulting in a huge gain...

and the game-winning TD.

Tight windows for all three and he body-caught all three.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching drill footage of Donte Moncrief, I am convinced that his issue is technique and not hands.

Whenever the ball is away from his body, he hands catches without issue. If the ball comes straight at him he keeps his elbows in to his sides and cups the catch.

I really think he's just never been made to catch with his hands stretched towards the ball directly at him.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
WR Brandon Coleman career highlights. Thoughts?

I'm not impressed with Coleman at all, think Plaxico Burress, not Plaxico 6 years ago, Plaxico now...lol, he looks very slow on tape, creates virtually no separation and his hands are only average imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Switching gears now who are the SS prospects people would like to see the Niners bring in to compete with Bethea? I haven't gotten too see much film on the safeties yet.

EDIT : Just watched some film on Jimmie Ward from NIU I think he would be a nice fit. Saw him play around the LOS, and as a deep safety and was solid in both. Very sure tackler. Had 7 INTs this year and lead his team in tackles.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 04-01-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Switching gears now who are the SS prospects people would like to see the Niners bring in to compete with Bethea? I haven't gotten too see much film on the safeties yet.

EDIT : Just watched some film on Jimmie Ward from NIU I think he would be a nice fit. Saw him play around the LOS, and as a deep safety and was solid in both. Very sure tackler. Had 7 INTs this year and lead his team in tackles.
I would like Terrence Brooks or Deon Buchanon
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still like Pryor. Really wonder why McGill isn't getting much love. Love his versatility as either a CB or S and his measurables. Think he's getting overlooked. I really feel Phillip Gaines will be the pick if we stay at 30. He just seems like a guy Baalke would be all over. He's a mirror image to Cully athletically, with a little more straight-like speed. Never could predict a Baalke first rounder but he seems like a out of the box pick.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Bethea pretty much ended us drafting Pryor unless he falls to 30 and I would be shocked if that happens. First round, I think that we'll draft a WR.

If it is a CB, im hoping for Kyle Fuller. Also hoping for Joyner and Bucannon in the second and third rounds respectively.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan don't be so bummed if we go wide out. Its a big need specially if we go to a more 3 set wide out look... We're gonna need a slot or deep guy to stretch the field.. If Evans falls pass 12 or beyond I hope we trade up for him. Some don't but I think he would be a good fit. Other then him I wouldn't mind Odell Beckham or Benjamin. Those are my top choices at wide.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I play around quite a bit on First-pick.com a draft Sim. It's pretty fun to play around draft your favorite players for our team.

Here is a draft I did tonight where Pryor fell to 21 for GB so I went for a trade and for got it. What I used in trade was bascially all of our extra picks and still draftted well with trading picks in round 2, and both 4's and 2 7's picks. Did with out using feature picks as well. GB bit and worked great. Here 's the rest of draft how it panned out.

Round 1 Pick 21 (G.B.): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 24: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida (B)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 5 Pick 30: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 27: Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina (A-)
Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first pick will be a CB. Its the biggest need and Baalke always goes biggest need with the first pick.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
The first pick will be a CB. Its the biggest need and Baalke always goes biggest need with the first pick.
Was wide out the biggest need when we drafted Jenkins ? I thought it was that draft too or when we drafted Aldon Smith ?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Was wide out the biggest need when we drafted Jenkins ? I thought it was that draft too or when we drafted Aldon Smith ?
We drafted Jenkins in 2012. Aldon Smith was the year before. We took Jenkins because of what we had to work with in 2011 at wideout, which was essentially nothing. Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, Kyle Williams, Brett Swain, Joe Hastings.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We drafted Jenkins in 2012. Aldon Smith was the year before. We took Jenkins because of what we had to work with in 2011 at wideout, which was essentially nothing. Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, Kyle Williams, Brett Swain, Joe Hastings.
But who did we have at the time we drafted A.Smith tho for OLB? Not really any one at that point. I'm agreeing we will probably go defense I just hope it isn't d line and I'm happy. Unless Benjamin ,Beckham are still on the board I wouldn't reaching and taking either of those wide out.

On Cbs sports they've updated there rankings and have those two at low seconds high first. SO it wouldn't be that far of a stretch. Any CB after fuller I'll pass unless we trade up and draft Pryor or top CB.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85
Dan don't be so bummed if we go wide out. Its a big need specially if we go to a more 3 set wide out look... We're gonna need a slot or deep guy to stretch the field.. If Evans falls pass 12 or beyond I hope we trade up for him. Some don't but I think he would be a good fit. Other then him I wouldn't mind Odell Beckham or Benjamin. Those are my top choices at wide.
I doubt that we'll trade up for Evans. We have Baldwin who's 6'4 and he did nothing. We had Moss who's 6'4 two years ago and he wasnt what he once was. If we trade up for a WR, I would like it to be for Watkins if he falls out of the top ten which is unlikely and if it doesnt cost us any future draft picks. I like Marquise Lee who I think has a chance to fall to 30 or even the top of the second round. If Fuller is available at 30, I go with Fuller. If he's gone, I go Lee. As for me being bummed, not so much anymore. As long as the WR turns out to be better than Jenkins (which should be extremely easy to do), I wont be bummed. If we trade away any future draft picks, then I wont be happy.

Quote:
So I play around quite a bit on First-pick.com a draft Sim. It's pretty fun to play around draft your favorite players for our team.

Here is a draft I did tonight where Pryor fell to 21 for GB so I went for a trade and for got it. What I used in trade was bascially all of our extra picks and still draftted well with trading picks in round 2, and both 4's and 2 7's picks. Did with out using feature picks as well. GB bit and worked great. Here 's the rest of draft how it panned out.

Pretty good draft there. I wouldnt complain. Pryor and Bucannon being drafted would make me very happy but I no longer see us drafting a safety in round one whatsoever. One thing I would actually do is that if Fuller and Lee are both gone by 30 and I can get a 2015 first rounder, I would most likely trade out of the first round completely.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:

I can't get behind using a 3rd rounder on a planned backup.

Reid and Pryor would be your hopes for the safety position. I love Bucannon, but he loses a TON of value when you've already addressed the position.

Not a bad effort though.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I think that WR/CB is a toss up in regards to bigger need. I do think that CB should be our main priority in round one since we signed Bethea as a two year stopgap. I'm hoping for Fuller but I think that we'll have to trade up for him as I dont see dropping to 30.

Quote:
Based on the 2011 playoffs, yes it was our biggest need. Based on signing Moss and Manningham, it shouldnt have been. We should have drafted Fleener at 30 in 2012 and Keenan Allen instead of McDonald in 2013 but obviously, no way in knowing what players will or wont work out.

As for Aldon, that was a surprise pick. We definitely needed a pass rusher but didnt expect him. If he stays out of trouble, he should be a force for at least a decade.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
But who did we have at the time we drafted A.Smith tho for OLB? Not really any one at that point. I'm agreeing we will probably go defense I just hope it isn't d line and I'm happy. Unless Benjamin ,Beckham are still on the board I wouldn't reaching and taking either of those wide out.

On Cbs sports they've updated there rankings and have those two at low seconds high first. SO it wouldn't be that far of a stretch. Any CB after fuller I'll pass unless we trade up and draft Pryor or top CB.
Brooks and Haralson at OLB. We really needed a pass rusher though. I dont see us drafting a DL at 30 unless Clowney is there but thats not going to happen.

WR wise, im only interested in Lee. Would love Fuller at 30 for CB. Dont see us trading up for Pryor after signing Bethea as a two year stopgap.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I can't get behind using a 3rd rounder on a planned backup.

Reid and Pryor would be your hopes for the safety position. I love Bucannon, but he loses a TON of value when you've already addressed the position.

Not a bad effort though.
I disagree. Think about it. Fangio loves playing Spillman on defense at times so I think that Bucannon would be an upgrade while also providing depth and be a cheaper, younger and better option on special teams compared to Dahl and Ventrone. I wouldnt mind that.

I'm really hoping for Fuller, Joyner and Bucannon. I would be so happy.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Had to quote this again. I just signed up and currently playing with my 49ers. I thought you had to play against other people and stuff. Didnt realize it was all computer based.

I'm assuming you can play with any team and over and over. Is that correct?

EDIT::: Holy crap!!! The CPU trades!!! This is smarter than the A.I. in Madden. LOL.

EDIT 2: Im on the clock and the CPU is offering me trades....im very tempted....

BUF is offering 2/41, 3/73 and 4/109 for #30.
TB is offering 2/38 and 3/69 for #30.
MIA is offering 2/50, 2/60 (CAR) and 4/116 for #30.

Decisions, decisions.....im going to be addicted to this ****!!! LOL.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-03-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I disagree. Think about it. Fangio loves playing Spillman on defense at times so I think that Bucannon would be an upgrade while also providing depth and be a cheaper, younger and better option on special teams compared to Dahl and Ventrone. I wouldnt mind that.

I'm really hoping for Fuller, Joyner and Bucannon. I would be so happy.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Bucannon and I wouldn't complain, but the value just doesn't jive with me.

As for Spillman... he's played 75 defensive snaps in the last 56 games (3 seasons.) That's 1.34 snaps per game, so I can't agree that Fangio "loves" playing him on defense. He is a rather elite Special Teams player.

Dahl is a pretty poor option at SS but is also highly respected on ST.

Ventrone has zero starts in 8 NFL seasons which says to me he is one of the better ST players in the NFL.

I would absolutely LOVE Bucannon but with the addition of Pryor, (especially since there was a trade up to get him,) I would much rather add another CB or a depth upgrade at a position where there are less established contributors.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Don't get me wrong, I really like Bucannon and I wouldn't complain, but the value just doesn't jive with me.

As for Spillman... he's played 75 defensive snaps in the last 56 games (3 seasons.) That's 1.34 snaps per game, so I can't agree that Fangio "loves" playing him on defense. He is a rather elite Special Teams player.

Dahl is a pretty poor option at SS but is also highly respected on ST.

Ventrone has zero starts in 8 NFL seasons which says to me he is one of the better ST players in the NFL.

I would absolutely LOVE Bucannon but with the addition of Pryor, (especially since there was a trade up to get him,) I would much rather add another CB or a depth upgrade at a position where there are less established contributors.
Okay, okay. I gotcha. We'll see if you like my draft any better. I'm loving this damn thing!!! Too many CPU trades though.

As for reality, I get your point but what happens if Bucannon is actually the BEST value at that point? It's a third round comp. pick and those cant be traded away so while I see your point, I wouldnt have a problem with that selection. And I like Bucannon a lot.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I can say that through three rounds, I have gotten pretty much everyone I wanted and then some. Only player I wanted and didnt get was Joyner. And I didnt even trade at all. Currently in round four.