Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
As up and down Derek Anderson has been, I dont see Quinn going anywhere.
I dont either but I am holding out hope that Anderson starts lighting it up. Oh well, I could deal with Smith/Hill/Garcia going into 2009 simply because there arent any other options and in no way, shape or form would I draft another QB in the first round unless his last name was Montana or Young and is obviously the son of Joe/Steve.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
2 things Dan.

1. I was reading about Alice Smith yesterday and I think it said if we cut him this offseason, then we take a $4M cap hit and free up $7M in cap space. That will be needed to sign a stud Dlineman like we're talking about here.

2. Your abject hatred for Jennings always impressed me. From the very start, you've hated him with great fury. I'm at the point where I'm 90% sure he raped your cat.
According to ninercaphell.com, Smith still has over $16m in guaranteed money for 2009 and 2010. I dont know how the cap hit would only be $4m. After all, he WAS the highest paid 49er in history so I doubt that it's only $4m. In fact, it sounds to good to be true.

LOL. I dont have a cat or any other pet but nonetheless, I hate Jennings because he sucked in BUF and he's either sucked or been injury prone for us. Plus, he moved from LT to RT which if you think about is like a demotion which tells me that he's crap and the team is just trying to get him in the lineup due to his salary. I say put his ass on IR, send Sims to the bench, Start Snyder at RT and Baas/Rachal at the OG spots and see what happens the rest of the season.

I know that I'll get flamed for this but im going to admit it anyway - I rather have Kwame Harris at RT who at the very least is a good run blocker as opposed to Jennings who sucks in every aspect excluding injuries since he seems to do that with pretty good consistency year in and year out.

Time to get Jennings the **** out of SF.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Holy crap!!!

Out of a possible 56 games, Jennings has missed 33 games. Get this overpaid overrated injury prone mother ****** outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
obviously the son of Joe
http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...na_nate00.html

there is another that plays for a private school somewhere in California.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Holy ****!!!!!

Is that really the son of Joe Montana and if so, is he any good? And I see that he plays for Notre Dame which is on every week here in NY. If he's the QB, im going to have to start watching to see how he plays.

See, you do learn something new everyday. LOL.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Crap. I just realized that he's a freshman. Oh well, by the time he leaves college, we'll probably still need a franchise QB the way we're going.

I'm pissed and psyched at the same time. :( :)
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yeah, I just read an article of him being a walk-on at ND after doing a google search on him. My friend is going to flipout because he always makes fun of me - he goes, what you need Dan is for your team to get the son of Montana, Young or hell, even Garcia. LOL. He's going to be pissed off later.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see how Hill does before I make a choice on a QB.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I just read an article of him being a walk-on at ND after doing a google search on him. My friend is going to flipout because he always makes fun of me - he goes, what you need Dan is for your team to get the son of Montana, Young or hell, even Garcia. LOL. He's going to be pissed off later.

Thanks for the info.
Yeah he could have actually gone to some other places and played but he wanted to walk on there as a tribute to his father.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.
Default coaching changes, hopeful free agents and draft picks 1-4

ok, as I much as I love Mike S. on the microphone and how he's trying to get the sf players bought in...lets be realistic, there is going to be a new coach next season.
here is a short list of guys I hope they talk to.

Steve Spangulao - ny giants d.c.
Jimmie Johnson - phil eagles d.c.
Josh Mcdaniels - ne pats o.c.
Dean Pees - ne pats d.c.
Jim Shwartz - tenn titans d.c.
Bill Cowher - retired

free agents:
kurt warner - matt cassell
T.J. Houshmandzadeh/Lee Evans/Shaun Mcdonald - not all but at least one
Marc Columbo
Nnamdi Asomugha
Karlos Dansby

release the following:
alex smith
jonas jennings
david bass
barry sims
issac sopogoa
keith lewis

draft picks 1-4
michael oher
juaquin igelsias
brandon underwood
dannell eleerbe
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Moved your post to where it should be. I'm trying to keep this organized so we dont have the same thing being discussed in multiple threads.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Moved your post to where it should be. I'm trying to keep this organized so we dont have the same thing being discussed in multiple threads.
thanks. as long as it keeps up.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we release Baas, Ice, and Alex?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ice was just signed to a 5 year deal. I doubt they'd let him go. Franklin is the one who has to go!

I'm on record that they should work with Alex to revise his contract for backup money. I think he still has a chance to be successful with this team, and he's just as much of a gamble as any FA in '09. Rex Grossman? JP Losman? No thank you!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I think with Nolan gone there is a good chance Alex will come back. Ice has had a good season ro reason to let him go. Franklin has been really inconsistant I would not have a problem with that.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Hey guys you should go into Scotts thread about Nolan and tell me what you think about what I said. It would be good to know how much you guys agree.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123
ok, as I much as I love Mike S. on the microphone and how he's trying to get the sf players bought in...lets be realistic, there is going to be a new coach next season.
here is a short list of guys I hope they talk to.

Steve Spangulao - ny giants d.c.
Jimmie Johnson - phil eagles d.c.
Josh Mcdaniels - ne pats o.c.
Dean Pees - ne pats d.c.
Jim Shwartz - tenn titans d.c.
Bill Cowher - retired

free agents:
kurt warner - matt cassell
T.J. Houshmandzadeh/Lee Evans/Shaun Mcdonald - not all but at least one
Marc Columbo
Nnamdi Asomugha
Karlos Dansby

release the following:
alex smith
jonas jennings
david bass
barry sims
issac sopogoa
keith lewis

draft picks 1-4
michael oher
juaquin igelsias
brandon underwood
dannell eleerbe
HC -

If Singletary can win at least 4 of 8, go 6-10 and show that there's some improvement, I think that he'll be back in 2009.

FA -

Where's Suggs? If he's available, he should easily be our number one priority. QB wise, I would much rather bring back Garcia over Warner. At least Garcia still has some mobility. Evans already resigned with BUF and isnt going anywhere. Houshmandzadeh and McDonald - no thanks. Colombo - no thanks. Asomugha - no thanks. Dansby - hell yeah.

Release -

Smith, probably not unless I can get Quinn which seems less and less likely with each passing week. Jennings - hell yeah. Baas, Sopoaga, Lewis - hell no. Two should be starters while the other is one of our best special teamers. I would keep Sims as a cheap backup at OT.

Draft -

OT Michael Oher is my first choice with the best cover CB second even though I have no clue as to who that is/will be.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Why not Marc Colombo if he is available? He is a very good RT.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at T and Oher at LT if possible and use the money on Suggs and Dansby.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at RT and Oher at LT
I second this

Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen Colombo play. He's decent but I would rather have Staley at T and Oher at LT if possible and use the money on Suggs and Dansby.
yes, however i would rather not pay two young guys LT money for one of them to play RT, especially as both of them would have been drafted to play LT
Old 10-29-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
yes, however i would rather not pay two young guys LT money for one of them to play RT, especially as both of them would have been drafted to play LT
Well, Staley isn't getting "LT" money. He was drafted #28 overall, which is Kwame Harris RT money.

And I'm definitely down with Oher at LT and Staley at RT. In fact, I'm down with Oher or Smith or Monroe at LT and Staley at RT.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Seems like me and some of you are starting to agree on some things. Let me rephrase what I said about RT Marc Colombo. He's a solid RT and better than Sims and Jennings but I would much rather prefer moving Staley back to RT and draft LT Michael Oher.

Also, if the team spends money during FA, I want them to spend it on DE/OLB Terrell Suggs first and OLB Karlos Kansby second.

My ultimate dream would be getting both Suggs and Dansby and switching back to the 4-3. Suggs and Smith at DE with McDonald and Haralson as the backups. Sopoaga and Balmer at DT with Fields and a draft pick as the backups since I would release Franklin.

LB wise, Lawson and Dansby outside with Willis in the middle. Brooks can backup Willis while Green and Ulbrich can backup the outside spots. Add in Grant somewhere there too. Bringing back Spikes would depend on whether or not I can get Dansby. If not but I can get Suggs, I still go back to the 4-3 and re-sign Spikes for a year to play opposite Lawson at the OLB spots. The rest of the front seven would remain the same.

DB wise, Clements is set while I would draft the best cover CB in the second round plus keep Shawntae Spencer. SS Michael Lewis is set while Goldson/Smith would compete for the FS spot.

First round wise, I draft Oher to start at LT from day one with Staley at RT. Heitmann at C with Baas/Snyder/Rachal competing for the two starting guard spots.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems like me and some of you are starting to agree on some things. Let me rephrase what I said about RT Marc Colombo. He's a solid RT and better than Sims and Jennings but I would much rather prefer moving Staley back to RT and draft LT Michael Oher.

Also, if the team spends money during FA, I want them to spend it on DE/OLB Terrell Suggs first and OLB Karlos Kansby second.

My ultimate dream would be getting both Suggs and Dansby and switching back to the 4-3. Suggs and Smith at DE with McDonald and Haralson as the backups. Sopoaga and Balmer at DT with Fields and a draft pick as the backups since I would release Franklin.

LB wise, Lawson and Dansby outside with Willis in the middle. Brooks can backup Willis while Green and Ulbrich can backup the outside spots. Add in Grant somewhere there too. Bringing back Spikes would depend on whether or not I can get Dansby. If not but I can get Suggs, I still go back to the 4-3 and re-sign Spikes for a year to play opposite Lawson at the OLB spots. The rest of the front seven would remain the same.

DB wise, Clements is set while I would draft the best cover CB in the second round plus keep Shawntae Spencer. SS Michael Lewis is set while Goldson/Smith would compete for the FS spot.

First round wise, I draft Oher to start at LT from day one with Staley at RT. Heitmann at C with Baas/Snyder/Rachal competing for the two starting guard spots.
I'm on board with this [borat ducks to avoid flying pigs]

Suggs + Dansby = massive success. I don't think it will happen, but I'd cream my pants if it did. And yes, if it did happen, I'd pray we could land one of the top LTs in Oher/Monroe/Smith. My only bone of contention is that I don't want Snyder competing for any starting position. He just isn't good enough to be a starter for us.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Andre Smith is on the top of my wishlist for O-line. If Singletary stays then it will probably be him since his playing style is what Mike likes.