Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-11-2014, 05:45 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wtf just happen to kaep and Patton? Can players not stay out of trouble during the off season ugh.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two rounds in...here are my draft picks from the forum mock draft -

1 / 30 - CB Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State)
2 / 56 - WR Davante Adams (Fresno State)
2 / 61 - OLB Trent Murphy (Stanford)

Thoughts?

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-13-2014 at 01:17 PM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennard at 30 is an absolute steal best corner in de draft in my eyes. Adams i guess you mean is a nice pick. Murphy is the least and i think a Terrance Brooks or Ahmad Dixon would be better picks.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Dennard at 30 is an absolute steal best corner in de draft in my eyes. Adams i guess you mean is a nice pick. Murphy is the least and i think a Terrance Brooks or Ahmad Dixon would be better picks.
Dennard was a steal even though I was trying to trade down but couldnt. Adams wasnt my first or even second choice but he was the arguably the best WR left on the board and watching highlights of him, I think he could turn out to be a good receiver. Murphy was the 40th overall rated player by Scott (Wright) and safety wise, the value just wasnt there. Every player I had in my top ten were gone by the time it was my turn. I honestly thought that I was going to be able to snatch at least two of my top ten but its all good. I still have plenty of picks and have been adjusting my draft board on the fly.

Back to Murphy, I think that he would be a luxury pick in 2014 but with Skuta an UFA in 2015 and Brooks possibly being a cap casualty, he could turn out to be a great pick in 2015. While most may be thinking now, im thinking long term as I usually do.

And be happy that the QB I was going to draft at 61 was gone already. LOL. Yes, I was going to draft Garoppolo at 61. :P
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Dennard was a steal even though I was trying to trade down but couldnt. Adams wasnt my first or even second choice but he was the arguably the best WR left on the board and watching highlights of him, I think he could turn out to be a good receiver. Murphy was the 40th overall rated player by Scott (Wright) and safety wise, the value just wasnt there. Every player I had in my top ten were gone by the time it was my turn. I honestly thought that I was going to be able to snatch at least two of my top ten but its all good. I still have plenty of picks and have been adjusting my draft board on the fly.

Back to Murphy, I think that he would be a luxury pick in 2014 but with Skuta an UFA in 2015 and Brooks possibly being a cap casualty, he could turn out to be a great pick in 2015. While most may be thinking now, im thinking long term as I usually do.

And be happy that the QB I was going to draft at 61 was gone already. LOL. Yes, I was going to draft Garoppolo at 61. :P
I really like Dennard so i wouldn't even mind trading up for him in the draft.

For the Adams pick you also could've gone with Richardson who i rate pretty similair.

Murphy is a guy that produces but i doubt he will do the same in the NFL. But seeing who was gone i can see the value and the reason to go with him. And i really wouldn't be mad if we drafted Garoppolo. In my eyes you should draft a QB every year. Ofcourse you have to take a guy you think can one day start and not just pick the Kellen Moore's of this world but take a flier on a QB every year and you can really make that investment back and more if you develop them a little. Look at the Skins and the Cousins thing.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

As for safety, I had Exum on my list but crossed him off due to injury. Had Dixon too but crossed him off due to him being arrested last September. I had one safety on my list right now. Bucannon was my main guy but he was taken at 51. I'm still scouting and looking over other safeties but to be honest, with Bucannon gone, its near the bottom of the list position wise because I figure that we have Spillman, Dahl and Ventrone as the backups and special teamers. Reid is a stud and while im not a fan of Bethea, he was signed to start and looking at his contract, im thinking that he's a two year stopgap unless he sucks in 2014 so drafting a safety isnt worth an early pick now that Bucannon is long gone.

I'm looking/scouting a lot of positions - RB, OL, K, SS, ILB, DL and QB. Honestly, no position is really off limits but I do have my draft board that im constantly adjusting.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I really like Dennard so i wouldn't even mind trading up for him in the draft.

For the Adams pick you also could've gone with Richardson who i rate pretty similair.

Murphy is a guy that produces but i doubt he will do the same in the NFL. But seeing who was gone i can see the value and the reason to go with him. And i really wouldn't be mad if we drafted Garoppolo. In my eyes you should draft a QB every year. Ofcourse you have to take a guy you think can one day start and not just pick the Kellen Moore's of this world but take a flier on a QB every year and you can really make that investment back and more if you develop them a little. Look at the Skins and the Cousins thing.
WR wise, my top two were gone and a trade fell through so I kind of had to rush that pick but I knew I was going WR. Didnt do as much scouting as I should have but im happy I have Adams. I know most think he did good based on the offense he was in and who his QB was but I still think the ability is there and value was solid at 56.

I agree with QB but now, its also lower on my list since the guy I wanted is gone plus barring Kaepernick going to jail or some crap, he's set as the starter and as much as I hate and think that Gabbert sucks, with his $2m guaranteed salary, he's not going anywhere.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Quote:
As for safety, I had Exum on my list but crossed him off due to injury. Had Dixon too but crossed him off due to him being arrested last September. I had one safety on my list right now. Bucannon was my main guy but he was taken at 51. I'm still scouting and looking over other safeties but to be honest, with Bucannon gone, its near the bottom of the list position wise because I figure that we have Spillman, Dahl and Ventrone as the backups and special teamers. Reid is a stud and while im not a fan of Bethea, he was signed to start and looking at his contract, im thinking that he's a two year stopgap unless he sucks in 2014 so drafting a safety isnt worth an early pick now that Bucannon is long gone.

I'm looking/scouting a lot of positions - RB, OL, K, SS, ILB, DL and QB. Honestly, no position is really off limits but I do have my draft board that im constantly adjusting.
I think Reid can play both SS and FS so wouldn't mind a Jimmy Ward either or a Terrance Brooks. Bucannon would be the best possibility and for some reason i really like Weston Richburg as competition for Kilgore. Think he is the closest thing to Goodwin and an excellent fit in our system.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Reid can play both SS and FS so wouldn't mind a Jimmy Ward either or a Terrance Brooks. Bucannon would be the best possibility and for some reason i really like Weston Richburg as competition for Kilgore. Think he is the closest thing to Goodwin and an excellent fit in our system.
Richburg was drafted by JAX at 70.

Ward was drafted by BAL at 40. True about Reid but thinking about it, I rather have him as a FS because unless it was to get Pryor, moving Reid to SS would increase his chances of getting more concussions. I rather keep him in coverage and hope he can become an even better playmaker.

I'm not going to post who the safety is on my list but its most likely going to be expanded.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Quote:
Richburg was drafted by JAX at 70.

Ward was drafted by BAL at 40. True about Reid but thinking about it, I rather have him as a FS because unless it was to get Pryor, moving Reid to SS would increase his chances of getting more concussions. I rather keep him in coverage and hope he can become an even better playmaker.

I'm not going to post who the safety is on my list but its most likely going to be expanded.
Yeah i saw Richburg was drafted but thats more a general thing that i really like him and wouldn't mind him at 61.

Ward i missed but i think with Reid its just playing your two safeties at what they do best and Reid is just a really versatile playmaker and wouldn't mind having two Reids since he can really do both. So that makes it easier to just pick a guy you really like instead of having to focus on one or the other.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2
Yeah i saw Richburg was drafted but thats more a general thing that i really like him and wouldn't mind him at 61.

Ward i missed but i think with Reid its just playing your two safeties at what they do best and Reid is just a really versatile playmaker and wouldn't mind having two Reids since he can really do both. So that makes it easier to just pick a guy you really like instead of having to focus on one or the other.
Okay in regards to Richburg. Not looking at center until at least 100 because we just extended Kilgore and while it wouldnt be the worse thing to happen, drafting a center at 61 and him possibly getting beaten out by Kilgore wouldnt be too good. I definitely want a center to compete and at the very least, backup Kilgore.

I added Brooks to my list and have a few more picks to go. Not sure what im going to do. Was actually hoping to trade down from 77 for a late third and two fourths but looking at the teams in the bottom of round three, doesnt look like it will be possible.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

As quickly as I added him, he's gone. Brooks #73.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fantastic offseason continues. Aldon Smith arrested at LAX.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jesus Christ. A bomb threat in the airport??? Are you kidding me??? These people are so ******* God damn stupid. UGH.

Quite honestly, I think its time to start cleaning house a little and get rid of these guys because seriously, every time we turn around, one of them is getting arrested. UGH.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jesus Christ. A bomb threat in the airport??? Are you kidding me??? These people are so ******* God damn stupid. UGH.

On that note, old school humor here when things weren't so ***** uptight paranoid defensive PC b****t.

Back to your regularily scheduled programming......

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 04-14-2014 at 12:09 AM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very embarrassing right now to be a 49er fan, what a bunch of effing idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Exactly what I thought of when I heard the report. I'm not worried about Kap and QP double-teaming some Miami **** in a hotel room, however Aldon showed poor judgement with this again, whether he was joking or not. If he was indeed drunk or impaired when this happened, then that's even scarier. Kid may have made progress in rehab but his head isn't screwed on right yet, nor may it ever be. SMH

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's sad that some of "us" demanded Kaep off the team...

Then the truth comes out....

Ricardo Lockette called 911 because there was a naked, argumentative female in Kaepernick's bed and she refused to leave when asked. They took her to the hospital for a physical and mental health evaluation.

And some people actually uttered "rape" when the story broke.

Sad.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** just gets worse with our starters.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It's sad that some of "us" demanded Kaep off the team...

Then the truth comes out....

Ricardo Lockette called 911 because there was a naked, argumentative female in Kaepernick's bed and she refused to leave when asked. They took her to the hospital for a physical and mental health evaluation.

And some people actually uttered "rape" when the story broke.

Sad.
Hmmmm, I didnt demand Kaepernick off the team because of this or even in general. Personally, I dont think that he's worth paying, plain and simple. Dont want to see the 49ers get stuck with a contract that they wont be able to get out of. Add in the fact that he's basically the anti-Russell Wilson and sorry, im just completely turned off to the guy.

In fairness though, he's not the only player im turned off to since the NFCCG. But to each his/her own.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Whay if Tb faults to 30 9ers him of even draft Carr and cut out loses? Only after uni contact tho.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Whay if Tb faults to 30 9ers him of even draft Carr and cut out loses? Only after uni contact tho.
Sorry its been a while since I've spoken ebonics. Could you try that again in english please?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Sorry its been a while since I've spoken ebonics. Could you try that again in english please?
I'm assuming he's talking about drafting Carr or Bridgewater @ 30 and cutting Kaep.

IMO, Kaep's scenario isn't as bad as Aldon's. The latest information (Lockette calling 911 about the woman) kinda removes the pressure on Kaep, not to mention that CK is a first time offender if it does turn bed (not to mention both parties saying no sex happened).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's the 49ers draft picks through the fourth round in the forum mock draft -

1 / 30 - CB Darqueze Dennard
2 / 56 - WR Davante Adams
2 / 61 - OLB Trent Murphy
3 / 77 - DE Ed Stinson
3 / 94 - SS Craig Loston
3 / 100 (comp) - QB A.J. McCarron
4 / 129 - RB Andre Williams