Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers signed WR Brandon Lloyd to a one year contract.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Lloyd? For the love of God, why Baalke? His skillset doesnt help this offense in anyway. So now, you stagnate Patton's development to get Lloyd some reps? I just don't get it.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't hate lyod. He was our best wide out before crabtree. He could catch anything. But Damn it there goes my hope at us drafting a wide out in the first.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Brandon Lloyd? For the love of God, why Baalke? His skillset doesnt help this offense in anyway. So now, you stagnate Patton's development to get Lloyd some reps? I just don't get it.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're being very sarcastic. LOL.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Lloyd is just camp fodder. Maybe he'll make the roster and they'll save him for that stupid fade route play they seem to love throwing in the playoffs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I don't sense sarcasm AT ALL. He doesn't like the signing. Nor do I. I don't think he makes the opening-day roster.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't sense sarcasm AT ALL. He doesn't like the signing. Nor do I. I don't think he makes the opening-day roster.
I think he is because his post sounds exactly like something I would post. LOL. I dont like the signing at all but at this point, honestly, its whatever.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think the Lloyd signing puts them out of the market for a receiver or two come the draft. Seriously doubt he makes the roster since he doesn't play special teams. Also barring injury do not see him higher than 4th on the depth chart, and that is if he beats out a rookie.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Actually, I see Lloyd making the roster with Baldwin being gone. Crabtree, Boldin, Lloyd, Patton and Osgood. I think we would keep six WR's with the sixth being a rookie. Since the rookie and Osgood would either be inactive or mainly for special teams, keeping six rosters is possible especially if injuries hit like last year.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

first gabbert...now this with lloyd...oh wait...kap's lil deal in miami and let's not forget aldon smith...wtf is going on lol
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No sarcasm at all. Its a waste of $, pure and simple. I get it....to a degree. Its competition. There not going to hand Patton anything and they want to put whoever they draft up against a savvy vet and see who comes out on top. But signing Lloyd does nothing waste a roster spot that could have whent to a young rookie with promise. Because even a rookie makes him expendable, you still on the hook for his cap hit.This WR corps needed to get younger, not older. It needed young, physically talented players to develop. Not some old, on his last leg former Niner. This is the kind of signing you make after somebody goes down and is injured. After you've got a look at your rookies and determined you need another veteran presence. Plenty of other WRs on the market that make way more sense than Lloyd.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
No sarcasm at all. Its a waste of $, pure and simple. I get it....to a degree. Its competition. There not going to hand Patton anything and they want to put whoever they draft up against a savvy vet and see who comes out on top. But signing Lloyd does nothing waste a roster spot that could have whent to a young rookie with promise. Because even a rookie makes him expendable, you still on the hook for his cap hit.This WR corps needed to get younger, not older. It needed young, physically talented players to develop. Not some old, on his last leg former Niner. This is the kind of signing you make after somebody goes down and is injured. After you've got a look at your rookies and determined you need another veteran presence. Plenty of other WRs on the market that make way more sense than Lloyd.
Must admit that im shocked. I dont like the signing either and agree with you 100% but at the same time, I also wanted a rookie SS instead of Bethea and majority here disagreed with me so to be honest, I usually expect the opposite of what my opinion is. LOL.

On the positive side, Lloyd was signed for the veteran minimum so either he does better than Patton, Baldwin and whoever else we may have and earns a roster spot or he doesnt and gets released during or before final cuts.

So while I dont like the signing, at least its one of those signings where we can get out of his contract very easily.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping that Patton, and or a rookie that is brought in beat out Lloyd. If not then there is a whole other issue the team will need to worry about.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't love the Lloyd move but it's a low-risk signing to bring in a proven veteran to compete with young guys and make them better. What is says most to me, is that they are really doubting Baldwin. I can't believe a guy with his physical tools is having a hard time proving himself enough to make a roster as a #4 WR. I thought he'd be a little better than Jenkins but right now it looks like Baldwin is giving us even less than Jenkins, which wasn't much of anything.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers will still draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...th-year-option

more to come i am sure
Old 04-18-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

my updated mock draft - no trades

1/30 - kyle fuller cb
2/56 - devante adams wr
2/61 - dominique easley de ( since aldon smith is nutsack and can't stop getting in trouble )
3/77 - terrence brooks s
3/94 - peirre desir cb
3/100 weston richburg c
4/129 - shayne skov ilb
5/170 - aaron murray qb
7/242 - cassius marsh de
7/243 - jemea thomas cb
7/245 - chandler jones wr
Old 04-18-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
my updated mock draft - no trades

1/30 - kyle fuller cb
2/56 - devante adams wr
2/61 - dominique easley de ( since aldon smith is nutsack and can't stop getting in trouble )
3/77 - terrence brooks s
3/94 - peirre desir cb
3/100 weston richburg c
4/129 - shayne skov ilb
5/170 - aaron murray qb
7/242 - cassius marsh de
7/243 - jemea thomas cb
7/245 - chandler jones wr
Personally, I would pick up that fifth year option 100%. It would be stupid not to.

Like the Fuller pick at 30 but instead of WR at 56, I trade up for Demarcus Lawrence. WR is a need but its after CB and OLB due to Aldon. I would also try to get OG Brandon Thomas with the comp pick and pass rusher Larry Webster in the 4th.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like easily instead for our next De option. Hopefully for a better way out b it won't complain
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I would pick up that fifth year option 100%. It would be stupid not to.
It makes business sense, yes. It also would allow them to take a further PR hit, which the FO is well aware of.

Though he is an extremely talented player, do they see Aldon with the team long term or will he be potentially routinely suspended, etc.? We don't know the convos they've had with him previously before/after he went into treatment last season. A 'take next year and prove it' approach with him could light a fire under his a$$ to get stuff straightened out for good.

Although I think Aldon is a complete knucklehead and am assuming that he was just joking with this airport thing, I'd like to see them pick up the option because he's a unique player. However, if they don't, I'll back the team's decision, as they know far more than what we do about everything relating to Aldon.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang it would suck to see a talent like Aldon leave.

Have people forgotten about Corey Lemonier? I thought he played exceptionally well in Aldon's absence.

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 04-18-2014 at 07:48 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Aldon leaves, we won't replace him with anyone to fill his shoes. He has had 43 sacks in 42 games I believe. He is on a HOF pace. Players like that just don't come along very often.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:30 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85
I like easily instead for our next De option. Hopefully for a better way out b it won't complain
Quite honestly, I dont know why anyone would want Easley as the replacement for Aldon. He's not a pass rusher. I can see him as a 3-4 DE but he provides no pass rush whatsoever. 5 1/2 sacks in 31 career games in college. Also, he's coming off a ruptured ACL and medial meniscus he suffered in a non-contact team drill. No thanks.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically if they don't do the one-year extension, they risk losing either Aldon or Kaep since you can't franchise both. Would be monumentally stupid to not do the extension.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:55 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
It makes business sense, yes. It also would allow them to take a further PR hit, which the FO is well aware of.

Though he is an extremely talented player, do they see Aldon with the team long term or will he be potentially routinely suspended, etc.? We don't know the convos they've had with him previously before/after he went into treatment last season. A 'take next year and prove it' approach with him could light a fire under his a$$ to get stuff straightened out for good.

Although I think Aldon is a complete knucklehead and am assuming that he was just joking with this airport thing, I'd like to see them pick up the option because he's a unique player. However, if they don't, I'll back the team's decision, as they know far more than what we do about everything relating to Aldon.
Considering how much bad PR this team has had this off-season, would it really matter if they pick up his option? Seriously, for under $10m for 2015, it would be stupid not to. Also, the fifth year option isnt guaranteed until either the first day of the 2015 league year or opening kickoff Sunday (dont know which since I have read different articles mentioning both) so at the very least, the 49ers have 9 months to decide to keep him for 2015 or not. Also, if he doesnt go to jail, he'll most likely be suspended but im guessing that it would be a four game suspension as it would be his first suspension by the league. Even if its an eight game suspension, you have to wonder if some other team would be interested in trading for him especially at under $15m for 2014 and 2015 combined.

Bottom line is that NOT picking up his option has a far greater chance at backfiring as opposed to picking up his option. I'm not happy with Aldon (among others) but his option needs to be picked up so the team can control his rights. What happens if he avoids jail time, misses eight games but in the eight games he plays, gets a total of eight sacks or better?

Then what? Franchise tag which would cost a lot more than the under $10m option. Let him walk for free? Hell no. There's no risk to picking up the option which in turn means that you do it regardless of how it looks PR wise because in the long run, the PR could be far worse if he leaves as an UFA in 2015 and does awesome with a new team and more importantly, stays out of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Dang it would suck to see a talent like Aldon leave.

Have people forgotten about Corey Lemonier? I thought he played exceptionally well in Aldon's absence.
I havent forgotten about Lemonier but regardless, we still need another pass rusher, maybe two and here's why - Skuta is an UFA in 2015 and Brooks could very well be a salary cap casualty. If Aldon is in jail or simply gone, Lemonier would be our only OLB. Not good. I'm hoping for Lawrence in the early second and yes, I would trade up for him and Larry Webster in the fourth.

Quote:
If Aldon leaves, we won't replace him with anyone to fill his shoes. He has had 43 sacks in 42 games I believe. He is on a HOF pace. Players like that just don't come along very often.
True and its actually 42 sacks in 43 regular season games. Dont know about playoffs.