Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

thats a very interesting point dan. hopefully that was the case. do you have any source for that or just speculating? i was shocked the niners were talking to warner. i would have rather had cassel for 2 years in a heartbeat. while warner is better, i actually think he and shaun hill are very similar players.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Plus, Balmer can start at DE or NT with Sopoaga playing the opposite spot. I wouldnt go nuts though. I wouldnt offer him anything more than $5m per season including the signing bonus. Since every team is required to spent the set minimum amount (sorry, I dont know what that amount is for 2009), the money has to be spent somewhere to why not spend it on a player who could help us.
No, Balmer can't start. There is no way in hell the team is going into the season counting on Balmer to be a starter. I don't care that he was a first-round pick. He's not good enough right now to be a starter.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I didnt want Warner but he and his agent used us. I understand it's a buisness but oh well. I was just hoping we would jack up AZ's price, not help them out haha.
As far as everything I've been reading Warner's counteroffer to the Cardinals is $12 Million dollars more than what he was being offered prior to his visit with the 49ers.

Before - 1 year $10 Million option of a 2nd year $10 Million (Bidwill pays $10 Million minimum)

After - 1st Year $10 Million + $6 Million Guaranteed, 2nd Year $10 Million + $6 Million Guaranteed (Bidwill pays $22 Million minimum)

Thats a $12 million dollar difference.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick 3 round mock:

1. Andre Smith
2. Connor Barwin
3. Rashad Jennings
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
No, Balmer can't start. There is no way in hell the team is going into the season counting on Balmer to be a starter. I don't care that he was a first-round pick. He's not good enough right now to be a starter.
If any one moves to NT between Balmer and Sopo, it's Sopo. Sadly, when they moved him before, he said he did not like playing NT... I am sure Singletary would say something like "I dont give a damn" but we'll see.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sopo makes sense as he has good size and great strength. Balmer isn't an elite pass rusher by any means, but is a better fit on the end than Sopo. If Sopo can't play NT then he may need to find a new team next year.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did overpay to keep him, he did play better last year though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Sopo makes sense as he has good size and great strength. Balmer isn't an elite pass rusher by any means, but is a better fit on the end than Sopo. If Sopo can't play NT then he may need to find a new team next year.
In the 3-4 the DEs aren't the principal pass rushers. The OLBs are. What Balmer needs to prove is that he can handle double teams, penetration is a secondary issue.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official, Warner signed.

:) but we managed to push it to 19 mill. guaranteed

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2924
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
It's official, Warner signed.

:) but we managed to push it to 19 mill. guaranteed

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2924
Considering their original offer didn't have any guaranteed money... HUGE difference post 49er interview.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Considering their original offer didn't have any guaranteed money... HUGE difference post 49er interview.
Yeah great job SCOTTY MAC!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah great job SCOTTY MAC!
Too bad the majority of the media hears the words "hometown discount" and immediately starts bashing Scotty Mac without knowing what the hell is going on. Jim Trotter for instance. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Taylor is spent in my opinion. Miami ran him into the ground I really don't think he'll ever be productive like how he was in Miami. But I could be wrong.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im on the Stephen McGee bandwagon..

It's not his measurables and stats that impress me. It's speculated that he can learn an offense quicker than most of the QBs in the draft this year. Same with Tuitama.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on the McGee bandwagon since A&M played Texas last year and I'm glad to see you guys catching up.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Breer Sporting News
49ers give Roman permission to seek trade

The San Francisco 49ers have given veteran safety Mark Roman permission to seek a trade.

Roman, 31, has been a starter for San Francisco the last three seasons, and was previously a starter in Green Bay and Cincinnati. The 49ers plan to start third-year safety Dashon Golden at free safety in 2009, and wanted to keep Roman as a backup, but Roman preferred to seek a starting job elsewhere.

Roman came into the league as a second-round pick of Cincinnati in 2000.
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/

Great news!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh happy day!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Yes!!!! Finally!!! Send Him To Oakland For A Basket Of ****, And Get Him The Hell Outa Here!!!! Yes Yes.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a matter of time until he's gone. The same scenario happened in Green Bay, and when there were no takers for a trade (how surprising), he was released. Bye Bye Roman.

On a different note, why the F*** did they sign Damon Huard?!?!?!

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5180

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
It's a matter of time until he's gone. The same scenario happened in Green Bay, and when there were no takers for a trade (how surprising), he was released. Bye Bye Roman.

On a different note, why the F*** did they sign Damon Huard?!?!?!

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5180
Camp arm maybe?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Well if they don't restructure Alex Smith by the 16th the only QB at 1st minicamp would be Shaun Hill. It's only a 1 year deal so he'd be a veteran arm as a 3rd stringer or at least another arm for offseason camps. They'll have at least 4 QBs at training camp for certain.

He reportedly agreed to the deal on February 24th so he's been on radar for a while.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I've been on the McGee bandwagon since A&M played Texas last year and I'm glad to see you guys catching up.
Well, no one can say they're a bigger McGee fan than me (see my location) but that's not really a stretch. Basically, it was this moment (during his first ever start) which made all A&M fans love the guy:

(you only need to watch the first 20-22 seconds)

Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, no one can say they're a bigger McGee fan than me (see my location) but that's not really a stretch. Basically, it was this moment (during his first ever start) which made all A&M fans love the guy:

(you only need to watch the first 20-22 seconds)

Wow. I don't care if you play quarterback/wide receiver/runningback/whatever. One of the greatest things in the world is to see someone take someone else's best shot, and get up for more.

I was diggin' McGee before, but holy cow...clear me a seat on the bandwagon.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not hyped up about Huard myself, and I love Spikes, but is he worth
6 million for 2 years?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
6 million for 2 years?
I think he's worth it. He's basically playing mentor to P-Willie Style and he's a pretty good TED. Why not? It's not like the FO is worried about cap space.