Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not now anyways.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont mind signing Huard as he can be the veteran backup to Hill and Smith. Spikes is the only player available to play next to Willis. I just hope he plays as good in 2009 and 2010 as he did in 2008.

If Balmer cant start, why the hell did we draft him at 29 when Kenny Phillips was still available and could be our starting FS right now if not last season???

Here's an idea - sign DE Jason Taylorto play DE. Go back to the 4-3 and move both Balmer and Sopo to DT with Lawson, Willis and Spikes as our LB core and there ya go. Justin Smith would be the other starting DE.

We signed backup DE Demetric Evans. He was on the Redskins and Cowboys early in his career. And as far as I know has no experience in the 3-4 defense at DE. Doesnt make any sense to me.

Woohoo!!! Hopefully, Roman will be gone one way or the other sooner rather than later but what about Jennings??? Come on McCloughan, release that POS NOW!!!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what it sounds like Evans has been the most consistant of all the DE's in Washington so I have no problem with it. I thought we would bring in a veteran guy I have have no problem with Huard.

Also saw that Goldson has been anounced as the starter at FS for next year so I don't think we will be taking one on the first day. I am thinking RB or ILB in the third round now.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
From what it sounds like Evans has been the most consistant of all the DE's in Washington so I have no problem with it.
I think the DeMetric Evans signing was a great one. Extremely stout against the run. Ability to collapse the pocket. Seems ideal for a rotational 3-4 DE. Now to find a dominant NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I am thinking RB or ILB in the third round now.
Shonn Greene/Rashad Jennings/Jasper Brinkley, please.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Here's an idea - sign DE Jason Taylorto play DE. Go back to the 4-3 and move both Balmer and Sopo to DT with Lawson, Willis and Spikes as our LB core and there ya go. Justin Smith would be the other starting DE.
I don't like that front 7 without Parys Haralson in it. He led our team in sacks and was arguably the 3 best player on that defense behind Willis and Smith. He definitely earned a starting spot for 09' IMO.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.O. was released, Dan. Start wishing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We all know that he won't come back to San Francisco. Maybe he'll end up in KC
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:29 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
T.O. was released, Dan. Start wishing.
Don't get him going.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
I don't like that front 7 without Parys Haralson in it. He led our team in sacks and was arguably the 3 best player on that defense behind Willis and Smith. He definitely earned a starting spot for 09' IMO.
Biased, are you? ;)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of Parys Haralson's sacks except 2 were coverage sacks. I like him as a situational pass rusher but he is not the OLB that can consistently pressure the QB that we need.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe that if Parys is replaced in the starting front 7, then he will be used as a glorified Rod Green on 3rd downs and in blitzing situations.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
What is your take on his...

1. Inability to gain back the weight he lost while dancing on TV?
2. Unwillingness to participate in offseason workouts?
I do admit there are many red flags with Jason Taylor. He dropped down to around 225 for dancing with the stars from about 250 from March to May. Then took some time off before training camp. He defintely didn't realize how hard it was going to be to put the weight back on in about a month in a half.

I have no problem with him not participating in offseason workouts, even though it does surprise me how much money he turned down not to participate, it is common around the league and as long as he is in shape for TC I don't have an issue with it.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray I don't have to watch Damon Huard play one meaningful down for SF next season.

Also Eric Green is coming in for a visit tomorrow:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/933209.html
Quote:
Green, a native of Pahokee and graduate of Clewiston High, will visit Tennessee on Thursday and San Francisco on Friday.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Awesome, I heart Singletary. I am happy they didn't drag some BS competition through mini camps and training camp.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I can't wait for the Raiders to sign TO to a RIDICULOUS contract.

Karma.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I can't wait for the Raiders to sign TO to a RIDICULOUS contract.

Karma.
I can see that. Great I will have to listen to Dan rant about how we need T.O. and Jason Taylor, and how we need to be in a 4-3. Can't wait.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I like him as a situational pass rusher but he is not the OLB that can consistently pressure the QB that we need.
Neither are all the OLBs on the team.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Neither are all the OLBs on the team.
That is why one of our first two picks must be a pass rusher. I think Manny Lawson could fill the role but I'm fine with his role right now.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would LOVE to see T.O. back in a 49ers uniform but I know that its not going to happen. If we had a better offense and he was the missing piece, i would go on a bring back T.O. rant but thats not the case so I wont.

And like Philly three years ago, there's no reason for me to cheer for the Cowboys anymore.

I'm hoping T.O. goes to the Giants (since I live in NY) or the Colts.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

He's going to be a Raider.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) M. Oher o.t ole miss
physical o.t. prospect with tremendous upside is brought in to play right tackle...can be a very dominate right tackle and has the talent to develope into a franchise left tackle.

2) C. Matthews olb usc
extremely athletic playmaker is a perfect fit to your scheme, fills a need and is great value here....fierce pass rusher with a great feel for the game.

3) M. Pryor n.t. kentucky
prototypical 3-4 n.t. will bring a physical presence to your defense....fills a need....sleeper

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cardinals free-agent CB Eric Green is scheduled to visit the 49ers today.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...t-the-day.html

I think he would be a decent backup. With Clements, Harris, Spencer, and a young and improving Brown, i think Green could round out our depth at CB quite nicely. And i wonder if signing Green might mean a move for Reggie Smith to FS?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

49ers Hire Offensive Asst. Jason Michael

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5183

Looks like some youthful help for the O. Anybody have any good info on this guy that isn't covered in the article?

Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I would really like the Eric Green signing.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
i wonder if signing Green might mean a move for Reggie Smith to FS?
They said when they drafted him that he would be tried at CB first and if that did not work out he would then move to FS.

Also for those hoping that we take a NT in the draft, think about this: when Sopo signed his recent contract, the FO used the contract of Jay Ratliff for their model. I think they'll move Sopo back to NT since Franklin is a Free Agent in 2010. Evans competes with Balmer at LE where they probably expect Balmer to take over and now you have the following depth chart:

RE: Smith | McDonald
NT: Sopo | Franklin
LE: Evans | Balmer

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote