Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-09-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If the last paragraph happens we will be right there with you. Until then though all Shaun has done is win, and I think he deserves a shot.
I will not complain if they give him that shot. I cant argue over his W-L record as a starter.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I will not complain if they give him that shot. I cant argue over his W-L record as a starter.
I don't mean to be touchy, but almost three months of this has gotten really old especially when you hear the exact same stuff over and over again.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sick of hearing I don't think he is. If you really want to debate it with me present some facts and debate it. If you don't think he is the guy fine i'm good with that. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If you are going to actually debate it with me then make sure your facts are ready.
I'd actually like to see more info thrown out there by you. I see every mock draft that people make and they ask for "constructive critisism" if you dont like the pick. When people give us Sanchez, you say horrible 49ers pick, give us Oher (or some other O lineman). You dont debate why we shouldnt pick a QB in the 1st round. You just say NO, call people morons or some such, and move on.

Oh, and I dont think he is. You'll just have to be good with that. I'll be good with you think he is. Cool.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd actually like to see more info thrown out there by you. I see every mock draft that people make and they ask for "constructive critisism" if you dont like the pick. When people give us Sanchez, you say horrible 49ers pick, give us Oher (or some other O lineman). You dont debate why we shouldnt pick a QB in the 1st round. You just say NO, call people morons or some such, and move on.

Oh, and I dont think he is. You'll just have to be good with that. I'll be good with you think he is. Cool.
Well for the first month I did, and eventually I got tired of saying the exact same explanation over and over again, I was starting to feel like CJ.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
I don't mean to be touchy, but almost three months of this has gotten really old especially when you hear the exact same stuff over and over again.
Not everyone will agree with you. Keep in mind that those same people have to hear the same thing from you. It would be a lot easier for you if they said "hey Menardo, you know what, you are right!" I dont think the 49ers need a new QB and Shaun Hill is great.

Things arent always that easy. Its cool though, I like having "discussions" with people regarding this situation. You wont just see me say "I think the 49ers should draft a QB" "Shaun Hill sucks" and leave it at that. I will always give more.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Well for the first month I did, and eventually I got tired of saying the exact same explanation over and over again, I was starting to feel like CJ.
I can understand this.

You should just know that I am a diehard 49ers fan and I will always respect the team and whatever desicions they make. I'm not someone who knows nothing about the 49ers and will just drop in and say "you guys need a QB, Hill sucks". I consider myself a very knowledgable 49ers fan.

Maybe just dont give me the harsh treatment, then? lol. I can take it, but I wont bust your balls by you saying you like Shaun Hill and think he will be a very good QB for us.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I can understand this.

You should just know that I am a diehard 49ers fan and I will always respect the team and whatever desicions they make. I'm not someone who knows nothing about the 49ers and will just drop in and say "you guys need a QB, Hill sucks". I consider myself a very knowledgable 49ers fan.

Maybe just dont give me the harsh treatment, then? lol. I can take it, but I wont bust your balls by you saying you like Shaun Hill and think he will be a very good QB for us.
I'm sorry my problem isn't with you it was just bad timing lol. Seeing gpngc come into our forum and with a smart ass comment and watching him make the same one in numerous other threads is what really chaps my ass.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry my problem isn't with you it was just bad timing lol. Seeing gpngc come into our forum and with a smart ass comment and watching him make the same one in numerous other threads is what really chaps my ass.
haha. No problem. I'm not here to make enemies, but I will debate topics. I had better get to bed now. See you around.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
haha. No problem. I'm not here to make enemies, but I will debate topics. I had better get to bed now. See you around.
Same to you bro.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic.
So was I... ??
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was starting to feel like CJ.
And if the Saints trade down, what then? LOL

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
So was I... ??
Just making sure.

Quote:
I was starting to feel like CJ.
haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same to you bro.
Ahhhhh! Don't we all feel a little better now?!

Niner fan group hug!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
And if the Saints trade down, what then? LOL
Haha much love couldn't resist.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can stop mocking us with Shaun Hill anytime now. You don't see us going into your forum and talking about what jokes some of your players are, and you don't see us spouting off sarcastic remarks about Seattle players so just drop it.
God could we go on and on about Seattle players lol.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
For days and days.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Be careful, if you talk to much about Seattle's players another WR might get hurt.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's the weight of the insignificant amount of colors they have on their jerseys that is hurting the WRs.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I think it's the weight of the insignificant amount of colors they have on their jerseys that is hurting the WRs.
I liked their old jerseys back in their AFC west days.

Though I kind of want to see a uniform in their neon green. I like when teams go with super bright colors (see Oregon/Cal's yellow uniforms).

Last edited by Brent : 03-09-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Seattle is like the armpit of the NFL.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Just making sure.
Heh, fair enough mate. :)

---

Back on to business, PFT has Soap going back to NT... The end of Raji at #10?

To be honest, I still think he's worth the look if he's there. Soap's pushing towards 30 and the game of musical positions being played out at the moment hardly speaks volumes of the front office's confidence in our front 7.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Back on to business, PFT has Soap going back to NT... The end of Raji at #10?

To be honest, I still think he's worth the look if he's there. Soap's pushing towards 30 and the game of musical positions being played out at the moment hardly speaks volumes of the front office's confidence in our front 7.
I still think that Oher is the most likely and most logical choice at 10 for the team.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I was just admiring Shaun Hill on your depth chart and noticed something...

Your RBs behind Gore are Michael Robinson and Thomas Clayton.

I also think someone has stated this offseason (was it MS?) that Gore will be getting less of the workload this year.

Every time I mock the 49ers it's pretty simple- OLB, RT, NT, FS...

But I really think you'll end up going RB earlier than we all think. Thoughts?
Putting aside that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Shaun Hill you also have obviously never seen Thomas Clayton play.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Putting aside that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Shaun Hill you also have obviously never seen Thomas Clayton play.
Not many of us have either. He got some preseason play against the Bears but I figure if he hasn't been promoted to playing time at this point, I think maybe that ship has sailed. As I said earlier, I wouldnt be shocked if a RB is picked between rounds 2-4.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Clayton has looked great in the past 2 pre-seasons. Unfortunately the Detroit Lions proved beyond reason that preseason success means absolutely NOTHING. Whether they are accurate or not, the fact that Clayton hasn't seen the field in 2 seasons is a good indication of how highly they regard him. Would I like him to have an opportunity? Sure, but not at the expense of adding a legitimate RB in rounds 2 or 3 as I and Brent have mentioned.