Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark my words - Romo will be crap without T.O. because there's no threat anymore. Witten is the only passing threat and now that T.O. is gone, he'll become the main focus. I like Roy Williams but he sucked when he was traded to DAL and didnt do crap. Well, he crapped, he just didnt do anything on the football field.

And like the days of me cheering for the Eagles, the days of me cheering for the DRUGboys are over. And even though im no longer a Cowboys fan, im still pissed off that Romo decided that a sex romp vacation with jessica Simpson was more important than a playoff game with everyone expecting him to lead DAL to the Super Bowl. What's even worse is that it was football that gave him and money and fame which lead him to getting Jessica Simpson in the first damn place. Romo is now the second QB to screw over T.O. and yet its Owens who's the problem. Give me a damn break.

And to madirishman -

T.O. being in cold weather isnt go to hurt him one bit. He played in Philly which is just as bad and sometimes even worse than Buffalo.

Sorry but I wanted to add that in there and im not posting in that other thread as there's too many morons in there thinking Romo is great when he was only great because of T.O. and everyone else around him. Watch him become an average at best QB. And watch Trent Edwards become a Drew Brees like QB now that he has T.O. and Evans. Oh man, I cant wait.

I almost want to see BUF and DAL in the SB next year so I can see T.O. crush their ass and give them another SB loss. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enough of my ranting and raving.

On to my beloved 49ers. I'm hoping for a combination of Malcolm Jenkins, Everette Brown or a RT in the first two rounds of the draft. I'll be very happy. :)

P.S. - The way its looking for Andre Smith. He may fall to round three after a horrible workout but for some strange reason, I think that he'll turn out to be a steal for whoever drafts him.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His workout numbers were pretty similar to Monroe and Oher. By all accounts he looked tremendous in the position drills. I really think what happened at the Combine is causing people to negatively overreact to his Pro Day.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna make that thread my "Hate on Tony Romo" thread tonight when I access YouTube. If that fails to get it closed, I guess I'm gonna have to pick on Barack Obama for being a Mormon.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, I agree that Romo will take a hit without T.O. there for sure. He's always been overrated, and if you look back when the Cowboys signed him to that HUGE deal, I was very adamant on these boards how happy I was because it was going to end up setting the Cowboys franchise back several years.

I disagree with you about Roy Williams however. He'll have a much better season than he did last year. Pro Bowler? Probably not, but his numbers will be respectable for a #1 WR. Williams, upon being traded, was put into a weird situation with the Cowboys, and I think he just mentally checked out, looking forward to the next year. Now, with T.O. gone, he'll have a chance to shine. Witten still we be Romo's number one option, but that isn't a good thing.

T.O. was in Philly a few years ago, when he was still in his prime. He's taken a step back, has a hard time releasing from the line (he has gradual speed now), and often fails to do much when pressed effectively. Combine that with his affinity for dropping passes (often in good weather), teams like the Patriots and Jets in the division who will press him, and the weather (which IS often COLDER than Philly), and he'll be affected for sure. He'll still have an impact, just not as positive as you would like as an obsessed fan, Dan.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Hey are 49ers going to run a 4-3 or 3-4 this year?
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Enough of my ranting and raving.

On to my beloved 49ers. I'm hoping for a combination of Malcolm Jenkins, Everette Brown or a RT in the first two rounds of the draft. I'll be very happy. :)

P.S. - The way its looking for Andre Smith. He may fall to round three after a horrible workout but for some strange reason, I think that he'll turn out to be a steal for whoever drafts him.
LMAO he is not going to fall to round three Dan.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Hey are 49ers going to run a 4-3 or 3-4 this year?
They are going to run a hybrid but they will be base 3-4.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't think Andre Smith will fall out of the 1st round. He is just too great of a talent.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he falls out of the top 15, probably not even the top 10. He's a talent, but he doesn't seem like a safe pick for the Niners at 10. I'd rather have Oher at this point.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I don't think he falls out of the top 15, probably not even the top 10. He's a talent, but he doesn't seem like a safe pick for the Niners at 10. I'd rather have Oher at this point.
I would still rather have him he could be the best tackle in the NFL.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I feel bad for attacking D-Units accuracy in the Hill v Romo thread? I'm a newb here and he's a vet. I just couldn't let it go.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
Dan, I agree that Romo will take a hit without T.O. there for sure. He's always been overrated, and if you look back when the Cowboys signed him to that HUGE deal, I was very adamant on these boards how happy I was because it was going to end up setting the Cowboys franchise back several years.

I disagree with you about Roy Williams however. He'll have a much better season than he did last year. Pro Bowler? Probably not, but his numbers will be respectable for a #1 WR. Williams, upon being traded, was put into a weird situation with the Cowboys, and I think he just mentally checked out, looking forward to the next year. Now, with T.O. gone, he'll have a chance to shine. Witten still we be Romo's number one option, but that isn't a good thing.

T.O. was in Philly a few years ago, when he was still in his prime. He's taken a step back, has a hard time releasing from the line (he has gradual speed now), and often fails to do much when pressed effectively. Combine that with his affinity for dropping passes (often in good weather), teams like the Patriots and Jets in the division who will press him, and the weather (which IS often COLDER than Philly), and he'll be affected for sure. He'll still have an impact, just not as positive as you would like as an obsessed fan, Dan.
If Roy Williams cant do anything with T.O. opposite him, what the hell is he going to do with Crayton opposite him? T.O. might have lost a step but he still had over 1000 yards and 10 TD's. Pretty good for a guy who lost a step. I know he drops passes which is his only negative on the field but because he break off a huge play on any given reception, it kind of evens out.

Yeah, I guess you could say that im an obsessed T.O. fan and while I will admit that he's a jackass at times, at least he doesnt get arrested every other week. His biggest problem is that he doesnt know when to keep quiet but in a way, thats what I like about him. He doesnt hold back and speaks his mind. Owens has a will and desire to win that few have which is why he's always been my favorite. He hates to lose and quite honestly, if im going to pay someone millions, I would like to know that I have a player who's playing to win, not just keep his paychecks rolling in.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Should I feel bad for attacking D-Units accuracy in the Hill v Romo thread? I'm a newb here and he's a vet. I just couldn't let it go.
No you're good man as long as you were right which you were.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but he has been known to neg rep and/or infract people for attacking him. I dont see the problem, though, assuming you're factually correct.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
HELL NO!!!!!

In fact I did the same thing but then saw that you beat me to it but mine as well remind his ass that he was WRONG!!! and will be again, when DAL goes 6-10 unless of course, they go 5-11 or worse because technically, he'll be right but I could live with that.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

And im officially done with that thread and all those damn DRUGBOYS!!! The drugs are screwing up their brains if they even have any to begin with.

Romo's starters were Meshawn and Glenn and Campbell!!!!!!!!! Oh man, thats just too funny. I'm laughing so hard that I dont think I'll be able to play Resident Evil 5 later today. LMFAO.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
No, but he has been known to neg rep and/or infract people for attacking him. I dont see the problem, though, assuming you're factually correct.
So, basically he's a bigger crybaby than T.O. could ever be??? Why am I NOT surprised??? LOL.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Moving on..............

Any news on Roman AND Jennings getting traded or released yet?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Moving on..............

Any news on Roman AND Jennings getting traded or released yet?
Certainly not but who will trade for them when other teams know they'll be released?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

They have no trade value. Jennings injury history and the fact that Roman can't pick off a pass to save his life confirm it. There are much better players than these two scrubs who have been or will be released.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please put an end to the Romo and TO discussions in here???

btw...

What are some WRs that we could look at in the mid to late rounds. I thought that two guys could be Mike Wallace and Ramses Barden.

Now I know they are two COMPLETELY different WRs, but which type do you think the Niners will go for.

The big physical type, or the fast type with returnablilty.

Last edited by edgrenade : 03-12-2009 at 05:17 PM.
edgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarett Dilliard, Rice
Kevin Ogletree, Virginia
Kenny McKinley, South Carolina
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i like brandon gibson from wsu
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Scotty Mac is REALLY difficult to predict in regards to WRs. He's all over the map. Hard to tell.