Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Scotty Mac likes bigger, physical WR's. I believe he made a comment in one of his Q&A's on 49ers.com. Nolan was the one who likes speedy guys, and probably why we drafted Brandon Williams in the 3rd Round in '06 and he was cut the following year, when he didn't have the special teams skills Nolan wanted. Williams didn't have much other value as a WR on a WR depleted team. Ouch...Well, the Rams picked him up, so he's not out of the league like some other WR disappointments like (cough) Woods (cough) (choke).

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Eric Green signed with the Dolphins per ESPN. Ken Lucas is a good talent that is now available at CB, but he's only got 2 more years or so of good production cause of his age and wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Harris.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To whoever asked about bigger WRs, the following are all over 6 foot and 200 lbs and not expected to be 1st round talent:

Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks
Brian Robiskie
Louis Murphy
Juaquin Iglesias
Ramses Barden
Brandon Gibson
Mohamed Massaquoi
Marko Mitchell
Austin Collie
Aaron Kelly
Patrick Turner
Dominique Edison
Taurus Johnson
Andrew Means
Jaison Williams
Jamarko Simmons
Greg Carr
Greg Orton
Nate Swift
Julius Pruitt
Justin Brown
George Smith
Michael Jones
Derek Kinder
Isaiah Williams

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will probably draft one of those Scott said he wanted to add another receiver.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I would love Hakeem Nicks as a Niner. If you've watched this kid play, you'd have to be impressed cause he's amazing. Great hands! His stock has been on the rise and I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was taken late in the 1st, which wouldn't allow him to drop to the Niners in Round 2. Robiskie and Britt both have good skills and could be taken late in the first as well.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Patrick Turner as a late round steal.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I love Patrick Turner as a late round steal.
I don't think Turner very good. Deon Butler is probably too small for what Scot likes to draft but he's always been someone I am big on.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quan Cosby in the 5th would be sweet. I like him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to find a WR in the bottom half of the draft and would hope that Ramses Barden would be available in the 4th or 5th round.

The impact of even one of the top WR would be less than that of an OT, OLB, DE, S or CB IMO. Some people have us taking Maclin at 10, but I would much rather have Raji, Brown, Orakpo, Monroe, Oher, J or A Smith with that pick and then Delmas S, Sintim OLB, A. Smith CB, Johnson S or OT depending on what we picked at 10.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archiv...orado-sta.html

Quote:
Johnson went 554 consecutive touches -- more than three years worth of football -- without losing a fumble
I read that and thought it was the perfect kind of bruiser (5'-10" 220lbs) we need for short yardage carries, given Gore affinity for not getting it done near the goal line.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two WRs that don't fit McCloughan's "body type" that will be mid-late round picks and I think will succeed are Mike Thomas and Johnny Knox.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://nflblog.dallasnews.com/archiv...orado-sta.html

I read that and thought it was the perfect kind of bruiser (5'-10" 220lbs) we need for short yardage carries, given Gore affinity for not getting it done near the goal line.
Gartrell Johnson definitely seems to fit the mold of what we assume Coach Sing is looking for. I'm hoping for one of Shonn Greene, Rashad Jennings, or Johnson.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope that we dont draft a WR in rounds 1-3 because we have bigger needs and I dont think any WR taken there will make an impact for us. Besides, I want to see Morgan, Hill and Jones on the field to see what they can do with a full year with Hill as their QB. At least, thats what im hoping.

Quite honestly, if Brown, Oher and Jenkins are available at 10, I would trade down a few spots but still make sure that I get one of the three. Then, with the extra draft pick which would most likely be a third rounder, trade that and the second rounder to get back into the bottom of the first round in order to get the other position that we didnt get earlier.

I'm leaning towards a pass rushing OLB and then a RT in that order because OT is deeper than getting a pass rushing OLB for the 3-4 is.

Thats what I would try to do anyway. Either way, as long as we get our pass rushing OLB and our starting RT wih our first two draft picks, I will be the happiest 49er fan here.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

if sf traded down, i would hope they go eben britton. for some reason i feel he has a better motor and more consisten than oher. oher may have lready plateaued.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
more consisten than oher.
I read it all of the time. I'm still confused out of my mind as to how ZERO sacks in the SEC is a sign of inconsistency.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I read it all of the time. I'm still confused out of my mind as to how ZERO sacks in the SEC is a sign of inconsistency.
so why is there such a massive knock on him? why not take him over andre smith and be done?
Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

just read this on espn.
The asterisks reflect totals affected by AdamJT13's projections. He expects the 49ers to gain one choice in each of the fifth and sixth rounds. He expects the Seahawks to gain four seventh-round choices. He expects the Cardinals to gain on seventh-round choice.

talking about justin smileys departure to miami and how sf is getting an extra pick in rd 5-6
Old 03-13-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
so why is there such a massive knock on him? why not take him over andre smith and be done?
Oher is suffering from what I like to call "Brady-Quinn syndrome". Basically it is when you should declare after your junior year but you stay for your senior season and that gives people more time to evaluate you and find every little flaw in your game. Was Oher worse in 2008 than he was in 2007? No, people just think he was because of all the attention.

As for the comp. picks, I heard we were getting a 4th and 6th.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There have been some interesting releases at positions where we could use some depth. Kevin Shaffer, Torry Holt, and Ken Lucas could all help our team out potentially.

I hope we take a look at Shaffer. He could be a good starting RT and it would allow us to take a developmental prospect in the 4th round or so. It would also allow us to focus on other needs as well.

Holt im not so high on because i think our youngsters need playing time, but if Bruce retires id love to have Holt as a veteran mentor.

Lucas is meh...again, i want our youngsters Brown and Smith to get some playing time as well. But if we move Smith to FS Lucas could be a good nickel for us.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Oher is suffering from what I like to call "Brady-Quinn syndrome". Basically it is when you should declare after your junior year but you stay for your senior season and that gives people more time to evaluate you and find every little flaw in your game. Was Oher worse in 2008 than he was in 2007? No, people just think he was because of all the attention.
Someone posted a video, I dont know where on this site, of Andre Smith in their game against Mississippi State and he was getting beat by some smaller DE. All the while, Oher has looked great all through college and is quite the mauler. I would think he'd be a great RT for the team.

Also, from Barrows blog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrows
I just watched Michael Lombardi present a fascinating Top 10 mock draft on NFL Network. Lombardi has the 49ers taking ... drum roll, please ... Tennessee defensive end Robert Ayers with the 10th pick. Ayers definitely was one of the guys who jumped out at the Senior Bowl in January. But unlike other practice-week stars like B.J. Raji, Ayers also came up big in the game, and he's been one of the fastest risers over the last few months.

All mock drafts, especially ones in March, should be eyed suspiciously. But it's notable that Lombardi is the only ex-GM in the mock business, and that gives him automatic credibility. One of the questions about Ayers is whether he is agile enough to stand up and play linebacker in a 3-4. After a week of Senior Bowl practice, the 49ers came away thinking that Ayers could indeed handle that transition. And besides, the team already has had success with another Tennessee
I would be shocked if they took Ayers over Crabtree but I guess stranger things have happened (Kentwan Balmer). Hell, I didnt even think Ayers was round 1 talent.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would be shocked if they took Ayers over Crabtree but I guess stranger things have happened (Kentwan Balmer). Hell, I didnt even think Ayers was round 1 talent.
He's actually VERY reminiscent of Balmer. HUGE ceiling, all the talent in the world. 3 years of underachieving and one good season.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
3 years of underachieving and one good season.
Those type of players scare the **** out of me. It just seems that they are like, "oh ****, it's my last year, I better kick ass."

If Crabs falls, he's my favorite choice; if not, I am going Oher/Raji/Brown (in that order) all the way.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be sick if we picked Ramses Barden in the 2nd-3rd.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP looks to be on his way out of Seattle:
http://www.kjram.com/pages/seahawks_top_stories.html

Would rather have SF try to sign him then Holt.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
JP looks to be on his way out of Seattle:
http://www.kjram.com/pages/seahawks_top_stories.html

Would rather have SF try to sign him then Holt.
I think they're trying to get younger but I think he'd be a nice pick up for OLB.