Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-14-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

NIMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Seahawks release JP, then we should be the first who gave him a new contract no matter how expensive is the deal. He was our best pass rusher and I was really disappointed that Nolan let him go.

I'm confident he's a reliable pass rusher on 3-4 defense but more importantly he is good on pass coverage. Niners would be such a jerks if they don't bring him back to SF.

Its time for Jed York to use his influence as Chairman and make pressure for comeback to path of glory.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Judas1026

Coach Sing - Sign JP Now!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'd be a mistake to bring in Holt...

Playing the two old former Rams as starters would leave our own corps starved of experience. I think it'd be better to get Hill and Morgan on the field.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Judas1026

I agree....I dont want holt. Let Morgan prove himself and Jones and Hill. Were going to be pounding the ball anyways. I think we have a decent core of WR's. Not going to knock anyones socks off but they will get the job done.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I think it'd be a mistake to bring in Holt...

Playing the two old former Rams as starters would leave our own corps starved of experience. I think it'd be better to get Hill and Morgan on the field.
Holt would be replacing Bruce imo. Morgan and Hill could still work in as the second and third Wr's.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMV View Post
If Seahawks release JP, then we should be the first who gave him a new contract no matter how expensive is the deal. He was our best pass rusher and I was really disappointed that Nolan let him go.

I'm confident he's a reliable pass rusher on 3-4 defense but more importantly he is good on pass coverage. Niners would be such a jerks if they don't bring him back to SF.
If I remember correctly, didn't they let him go because they couldn't afford him since they were trying to get out of cap hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
According to FOXSports.com, via Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, the deal that will send defensive tackle Cory Redding from Detroit to Seattle for linebacker Julian Peterson is done. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ding_to_s.html
Too late anyways.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Judas1026

that sucks oh well.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Peterson is out of the division. He always seems to come up big against us.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
philmo
Rookie

philmo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Do you think either Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith will be there at 10?

Since Jonas Jennings is gone, it looks like we will be looking at tackle. I don't like poor work ethic guys so I don't really want Andre Smith, so the other top guys are Eugene and Jason, do you think there is a chance either of these guys will fall to us?
philmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way one of those two falls to #10 is if they have worse character concerns than the smokescreen on Andre Smith.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree. I dont see either one dropping to 10 but as long as we get Oher or Everette Brown and then fill the other position in the second round, I will be a happy camper which for me is rare. LOL. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never understood the JP love as a 3-4 team. He is smaller than Manny Lawson, and he has never been a dominant pass rusher (only reaching double-digits once in 10 years)
Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont believe that we let JP go because of cap problems. After all, we signed Jennings to that huge contract the year before so I dont buy that at all. It was just another stupid move by Nolan and people wonder why I never liked him from day one. Oh well.

WR wise, if Holt replaces Bruce, I would be for it but if he starts opposite Bruce, I would be against it because ideally, I want Morgan, Hill and Jones to be our top three receivers.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. They won't be.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring some serious injury or sudden unveiling of massive character concerns between now and the draft, no way do those two last beyond Jacksonville @ 8 in the worst case scenario.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

1. His agents were Carl and Kevin Poston. (See Also: LeVarr Arrington's Agent).
Carl Poston was suspended by the NFLPA for his actions with clients. Julian Peterson held out of the 2004 off season programs demanding to be the highest paid LB in the League and asking for $20 Million in "guaranteed" money The 49ers were forced to "Franchise" Peterson, which made it impossible for them to resign Terrell Owens who then became a Free Agent. Peterson was fond of saying things such as this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Peterson
I would like to be somewhere within the Urlacher and Ray Lewis frame and possibly even higher than that. I feel like even though each one of those guys are great individual players, I feel like I do a little bit more than the average player. I don't just play linebacker, I go down to the defensive end. I play corner, I play safety, so I have a lot more to offer, I would say, than the rest of them.

2. Holding the "Franchise Tag", Peterson (who did not participate in the team's offseason conditioning) ruptured his achilles tendon in the 5th game of the 2004 season.

3. Despite returning from a career-threatening injury, Peterson held out AGAIN (again demanding $20 Million in "guaranteed" money);the 49ers were once again forced to "Franchise" him.

4. A healthy Peterson returned in 2005 but his production and athleticism were diminished. It was strongly questioned if Peterson could ever return to the player he was prior to such a significant injury.
2003 Stat Line: 94 Tackles, 11 Passes Defensed, 7 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 INTs
2005 Stat Line: 82 Tackles, 5 Passes Defensed, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 INTs

5. The 49ers hired Mike Nolan as Head Coach.
Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and it was uncertain what type of 3-4 rush OLB Peterson would become.

6. All of these headaches and question marks lead the 49ers to NOT to match the Seahawks 7 Year $54 Million Contract with $18.5 Million "guaranteed".
One of the richest contracts ever signed by a defensive player in the history of the NFL, despite it being $1.5 Million in "guarantees" less than he had demanded from the 49ers.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
[i][size=1]Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and
We're still paying for it in my opinion. I love how coaches go to a new team and instead of building arond the young talent they already have, they decide to implement their own system and rebuild from the ground up and they then wonder why they get fired a few years later when their system didnt work out they way they thought it would.

You have to wonder how we (or any team) would do if te new HC and whatnot would build around what they already have instead of rebuilding from the ground up.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
1. His agents were Carl and Kevin Poston. (See Also: LeVarr Arrington's Agent).
Carl Poston was suspended by the NFLPA for his actions with clients. Julian Peterson held out of the 2004 off season programs demanding to be the highest paid LB in the League and asking for $20 Million in "guaranteed" money The 49ers were forced to "Franchise" Peterson, which made it impossible for them to resign Terrell Owens who then became a Free Agent. Peterson was fond of saying things such as this...

2. Holding the "Franchise Tag", Peterson (who did not participate in the team's offseason conditioning) ruptured his achilles tendon in the 5th game of the 2004 season.

3. Despite returning from a career-threatening injury, Peterson held out AGAIN (again demanding $20 Million in "guaranteed" money);the 49ers were once again forced to "Franchise" him.

4. A healthy Peterson returned in 2005 but his production and athleticism were diminished. It was strongly questioned if Peterson could ever return to the player he was prior to such a significant injury.
2003 Stat Line: 94 Tackles, 11 Passes Defensed, 7 Sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 INTs
2005 Stat Line: 82 Tackles, 5 Passes Defensed, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 INTs

Nolan switched the 49ers defensive scheme to a 3-4 and it was uncertain what type of 3-4 rush OLB Peterson would become.

6. All of these headaches and question marks lead the 49ers to NOT to match the Seahawks 7 Year $54 Million Contract with $18.5 Million "guaranteed".
One of the richest contracts ever signed by a defensive player in the history of the NFL, despite it being $1.5 Million in "guarantees" less than he had demanded from the 49ers.
My thoughts exactly. I would never, ever want Julianne Peterson back in SF. That girl is 100% douche. We paid her a ******** of money to rehab her knee for 2 years and then she's pissed that we didn't give her a ginormous contract following that impressive 3 sack season (in which, iirc, 2 or 2.5 of those 3 sacks came in the same game against the Rams awful Oline.)
Haven't you guys ever noticed that whenever she plays against SF, when she makes a play, she turns her back to the SF sideline and points to her name on the back of the jersey. What a classless idiot.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true. He does have that "Me, me me" attitude, pointing to his own nameplate, when he should be pointing to the logo on his helmet.

"Can't coach with them, can't win with them."

Have fun playing for the Lions JP!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope. Neither of those top 2 tackles will be there. Oher will almost certainly be there, however and Andre Smith might be as well.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

it was funny to me how jp never played hard until he got in seattle. i know some guys really like him here on this site but i always compared him to ll cool j's character in any given sunday.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really thinking that the only one worth taking there will be Oher. That being said though, I am starting to hope we could land Everette Brown and draft a 2nd round OT; there's plenty of talent there.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that not only does Oher have a higher ceiling than Monroe but that Oher is better right now.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Crabs if he is there, if not I want Oher.

If none of the top 4 OTs or Crabs is there, I want Everette Brown.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would be shocked if they took Ayers over Crabtree but I guess stranger things have happened (Kentwan Balmer). Hell, I didnt even think Ayers was round 1 talent.
I really liked Ayers, but never really looked at him as a 3-4 OLB prospect. Ive been watching more and more of him and after alot closer inspection, I really think he could be the man to do it. He isn't the best of options as far as working in coverage but guys like James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley aren't exactly great at that either. What I like most about Ayers is that he is, without a doubt, the absolute best at "seeling the edge" in the run game of ANY of the potential 3-4 OLB prospects. He never got alot of sacks but after watching more of him, he was ALWAYS getting to the QB. Against my previous misconception, Ayers actually played a portion of the time as a "standing" end at Tennesse and even got a few INTs from that position. My biggest concern is his weight. He can't afford to gain much and still fit the "mold" of a 3-4 OLB. Currently he would be one of the biggest but he is similar in build to Shawne Merriman, Calvin Pace, Willie McGinest, and Matt Roth who have all had tremendous success at the position.

Although drafting Ayers at #10 may be considered a "stretch" by most, Scot McCloughan is on record as saying that he will not pass on a dominant pass rusher. If he likes him as much as I am starting to, Ayers could be the guy. With that said, I announce that I am officially on the I LOVE ME SOME ROBERT AYERS Bandwagon...