Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
We're still paying for it in my opinion. I love how coaches go to a new team and instead of building arond the young talent they already have, they decide to implement their own system and rebuild from the ground up and they then wonder why they get fired a few years later when their system didnt work out they way they thought it would.

You have to wonder how we (or any team) would do if te new HC and whatnot would build around what they already have instead of rebuilding from the ground up.
Actually at that time we had great linebacker depth: Windborn, Peterson, Smith, Ulbrich, Saleem Rasheed, Brandon Moore (of course in hindsight they all suck but they could not see it) and hardly any defensive line talent, except Douglas and Young-two good 3-4 ends. At the time it seemed like a good idea...
Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers better not take Ayers at 10.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering, what does everyone think of this 4 round mock draft?

R1- Micheal Oher, RT
R2- Clint Sintim, 3-4 OLB
R3- Rashad Johnson, FS
R4- Andre Brown, RB

I hope this happens on draft day! :D
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
R1- Micheal Oher, RT
R2- Clint Sintim, 3-4 OLB
R3- Rashad Johnson, FS
R4- Andre Brown, RB
Johnson is expected to be gone by the end of the second round and Andre is in that late 2nd-early 3rd range.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Johnson is expected to be gone by the end of the second round and Andre is in that late 2nd-early 3rd range.
Some recent mocks have had him in the 3rd. Hopefully he slips although I don't see it happening.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson has been slipping on sites but I still believe he's high on teams' boards.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless it is just a crazy situation, I hope we don't go RB until later on. Too many needs other then RB in my opinion.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Unless it is just a crazy situation, I hope we don't go RB until later on. Too many needs other then RB in my opinion.
While I agree, I cant argue with BPA over needs. I think that taking a player because his value is maximized for his position is the best policy.

Example: the Texans took Jabar Gaffney with the first pick of the 2nd round in the 2002 draft (their first ever draft) and 17 picks later, the Texans took Chester Pitts.

The pick following Pitts was Clinton Portis. A franchise without a RB didnt take one in the first two rounds. If they had gone BPA, Portis, who had a great career at Miami, should have been one of those two 2nd round picks. In fact, I remember the Texans having Portis as a person they had a huge profile on their team site before that draft and hinted as taking him in round two. Again, BPA > needs.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ayers is not top ten talent so I hope we don't take him at ten. Either way I don't think he is a good fit for the 3-4. Peterson was terrible in the 3-4, and I don't recall these days of him being an impact pass rusher?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler formally asked for a trade. He's a young, decently proven in his short career, Pro Bowl caliber franchise QB that is available. The Niners need to make a move. I bet he can be had on the cheap.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Cutler formally asked for a trade. He's a young, decently proven in his short career, Pro Bowl caliber franchise QB that is available. The Niners need to make a move. I bet he can be had on the cheap.
yeah because we can offer something relevant...

not happening, so give it up.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya i'm sure he can be head cheap. The organization has came out again and said he won't be traded and they aren't interested in draft picks....

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cutler's acting like a child...

My bet is Denver ride it out.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler, Cutler, Cutler, Cutler!!
Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I think RB is a primary need for us IMO. We want to be a running team and its a 2 back league. Plus you can never have enough playmakers. I expect us to draft one in the first 4 rounds, maybe in the 2nd-3rd depending on the BPA in the rounds.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I think RB is a primary need for us IMO. We want to be a running team and its a 2 back league. Plus you can never have enough playmakers. I expect us to draft one in the first 4 rounds, maybe in the 2nd-3rd depending on the BPA in the rounds.
I think that another RB is a need, BUT a compliment to Gore is less of a priority than RT, Pass Rushing LB, Stud NT and CB/S. This pushes the RB pick down to round 4 or later. It appears that there will be some nice options at RB based on the Mocks that I've seen.

Andre Brown and Rashad Jennings would be great picks on the second day.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Issac being put back to nose tackle I think ends all thought of a first day nose.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Issac being put back to nose tackle I think ends all thought of a first day nose.
But he sucks..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
But he sucks..
He's not that bad he will be a better nose than an end.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Sop can play NT, just not very effectively. I think if Raji is on the board at #10, then that's a no-brainer pick. We haven't had a true NT for 5 years. It's ridiculous. I'd rather switch to a 4-3 than try and run a 3-4 without a good NT.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT's taken high are always risky, but I like Raji. I like him overall better and think he's a much safer pick than Dorsey was last year. That being said, he may not make it to 10, unless Oher and the other 3 elite OTs all go before then.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25fan View Post
I think that another RB is a need, BUT a compliment to Gore is less of a priority than RT, Pass Rushing LB, Stud NT and CB/S. This pushes the RB pick down to round 4 or later. It appears that there will be some nice options at RB based on the Mocks that I've seen.

Andre Brown and Rashad Jennings would be great picks on the second day.
We're running a 1 gap NT so we dont need that traditional plugging Nose. Im not sure how good Sopo will be but i imagine we wont be picking a NT unless Raji is by far the BPA at 10.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'd give pick 10 straight up for Cutler the player, but his actions have really turned me off. McDaniels isnt perfect but Cutler is really exaggerating the situation. I really doubt Singletary would want a guy like that.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Cutler just wants to be wanted. He's still young, but I like his confidence that he feels that he IS the franchise, and was stunned that his name would be mentioned in trade talks. If the Niners traded for him, he'd fell wanted. It's not like it's Brandon Marshall we're talking about trading for. Whoever gets him will have one of the best QBs in football for the next decade plus.