Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
Haha. I was thinking this would be the best scenario as Denver wants a QB in return. Could you imagine the look on Nolan's face when they announced that Alex would be a Bronco? Priceless.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pick #10 + Alex Smith for Cutler. Denver gets Alex for this year at a reduced salary and can take Sanchez at #10 to groom for 2010. They still can plug another hole with their pick #12. We get our QB of the future.

Get it done Scotty Mac!
With the amount of early picks that Detroit has, coupled with the fact they were already in the mix with these Cutler talks, make them a more attractive trade partner than us at #10.

That would give them the #1 and #12, with the opportunity to draft Stafford instead of Sanchez, and then whoever eleven picks later.

As much as I want it to happen, It just doesn't make much sense for them to deal with us.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They may not want to obtain the #1 pick with the amount of money it takes to sign that player. 10 may be a better option for them, but yes, #1 is a better value.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks to Cutler. Cutler is the one who asked to be traded and then tried to act pissed off when the team tried to trade him despite the fact that it was him who asked for a trade to begin with. Again, no thanks.

As for a NT, the only option would be Patriots NT Vince Wilfork who has one year left on his contract but with NE clearing over $20m in cap room with the Cassel and Vrabel trade, I dont see him being available whatsoever.

I wouldnt mind seeing us going back to the 4-3 with Smith at DE, Sopoaga and Balmer at DT, Lawson and Spikes at OLB and Willis in the middle but who would the other DE be? Unless there's a pass rushing DE stud available at 10, I would stay on course with OLB Everette Brown or OT Michael Oher.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I've narrowed down my wants to Everette Brown, Brian Orakpo, and Michael Oher at the 10 spot.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
At this point I've narrowed down my wants to Everette Brown, Brian Orakpo, and Michael Oher at the 10 spot.
What about Andre Smith? I know about all his "stuff," but he is arguably the most talented tackle in this class, and he might fall to 10. Singletary won't let him FAIL.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
No thanks to Cutler. Cutler is the one who asked to be traded and then tried to act pissed off when the team tried to trade him despite the fact that it was him who asked for a trade to begin with. Again, no thanks.
Yet you always say you'd be OK with welcoming the Saint known as Terrell Owens back on to this team? He's never tried to force anyones hand or anything...

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 03-17-2009 at 08:11 AM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

im pretty sure if sf wanted cutler, they would be talking to denver more than just the 10th pick. the only team i can see getting him right now would be detroit. they have 5 picks in the 1st day of the draft. thats enough to give any team a hard on.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my mock
1. everette brown - de/ olb
2. phil loadholt - ot
3. patrick chung - rt
4. jermiah johnson - rb
5. worell williams - ilb
6. myron pyror - dt
7. brian hoyer - qb

btw on your guys argument, sopo looks lost more times in a game than waldo
Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
im pretty sure if sf wanted cutler, they would be talking to denver more than just the 10th pick. the only team i can see getting him right now would be detroit. they have 5 picks in the 1st day of the draft. thats enough to give any team a hard on.
They said they want a quarterback in return, they are not very interested in picks.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They said they want a quarterback in return, they are not very interested in picks.
without being rude, but i see it very hard to see denver having intrest in a.smith. now, smith is now cheaper and as young if not younger than cutler but due to hi circumstances ( injurys, nolan bieng the dc there, and oc changes) he has his work cut out for him.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Get it done Scotty Mac!
Alex Smith back in Denver with Nolan? I think Nolan would tell McDaniels to stick with Simms or whoever the 3rd string QB is, too lazy to look it up, then go with Smith. I saw a foxsports article that suggested that SF offer the tenth pick and either Lawson or Haralson for Cutler. That would make a lot of sense though I would hate to lose either guy.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at deadspin for an early wake up call:
http://deadspin.com/5171084/49ers-wa...-in-jay-cutler
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know when the conditional picks are announced? I thought it was like a week or two before the draft... couldn't find it.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone know when the conditional picks are announced? I thought it was like a week or two before the draft... couldn't find it.
I know they haven't been announced yet...
;)
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
3. patrick chung - rt
Hmmmmmmm..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I believe they are announced during the owners meeting. which is March 22-25.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvel Smith to visit the 49ers.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/020764.html

He's missed a lot of time the past 2 seasons...
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Marvel Smith to visit the 49ers.
"Smith will be 31 when the season begins and he has missed 15 games due to injury in the last two seasons."

No thanks.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
"Smith will be 31 when the season begins and he has missed 15 games due to injury in the last two seasons."

No thanks.
The 49ers will give him a physical tomorrow and I'm sure that will have a lot of influence in how they proceed. Every player has cost/benefit sweet spot. At the right price he would be worth the risk IMO.

Even if we draft OT at 10... it would be nice to have a veteran that could give that rookie time to develop and learn to play at the next level.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No thanks.
+1

Jennings Mk II.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Marvel Smith>>>Barry Sims. Anything to get Sims off the roster.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
I saw a foxsports article that suggested that SF offer the tenth pick and either Lawson or Haralson for Cutler. That would make a lot of sense though I would hate to lose either guy.
HELL NO!!!

I would never trade Lawson and the 10th overall draft pick for Cutler. Let's hope McCloughan and Singletary arent that stupid.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would never trade Lawson and the 10th overall draft pick for Cutler. Let's hope McCloughan and Singletary arent that stupid.
What? Why not? Jay Culter is better than any QB on our roster. A 25 year old franchise QB is exactly what we need. Hell, we can even throw Hill or Smith into the deal.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
What? Why not? Jay Culter is better than any QB on our roster. A 25 year old franchise QB is exactly what we need. Hell, we can even throw Hill or Smith into the deal.
or both! cutlet is proven...no 5-7th rd unknown qb is yet in this years draft is as of yet.