Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
What? Why not? Jay Culter is better than any QB on our roster. A 25 year old franchise QB is exactly what we need. Hell, we can even throw Hill or Smith into the deal.
Thats your opinion. I personally think that he's overrated and not worth what we would have to give up in order to acquire him. After all, if DEN was willing to trade him for Cassel who as of right now, is a one year wonder, that tells me that he's not worth trading for.

Also, I dont remember the exact amounts but his salary skyrockets for the next three seasons and in no way, shape or form do I want my 49ers to be the team that pays him. Smith would never be traded to DEN since Nolan is there and I like Hill and think that he can be a pretty good starting QB but he needs to be the starter from day one and for the entire season so we can see what he can do over the course of an entire season instead of just the last month of the season.

Sorry, but again, no thanks to Cutler. I rather stay with Hill and Lawson and keep our 10th overall draft pick but that's just me.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'd deal #10 + Manny or Parys for Cutler. Wouldn't have to worry about QB for a long time.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
alexschnarr
Rookie

alexschnarr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler is my favorite QB in the league, would be a dream come true for me. I would give them #10 and Manny and still think we got a steal.

Sig by Mockalicious
alexschnarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i want orakpo or oher. thou i would welcome smith with open arms.
if we get somehow get crabtree, i would jizz in my pants.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Issac being put back to nose tackle I think ends all thought of a first day nose.

Totally agree
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Marvel Smith>>>Barry Sims. Anything to get Sims off the roster.
I approve this is message.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

would love to get cutler, but lawson and #10 would be too much. maybe #10 and hill? im not surprised denver is wanting more than picks but sanchez plus a 3rd rder next year or something would have to make them think.

also, this just posted on nfl.com, state of the niners
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f50922
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thats your opinion. I personally think that he's overrated and not worth what we would have to give up in order to acquire him. After all, if DEN was willing to trade him for Cassel who as of right now, is a one year wonder, that tells me that he's not worth trading for.
Now dan, let's be fair. In any other circumstance this might make sense, but not this one. The reason they were willing to trade, is because McDaniels is familiar with Cassell, and when I say familiar I mean built him from the ground up. So of course, with his offensive scheme he's bringing he would love to have HIS guy. But to say that because he wants a player he knows like the back of his hand, means that Cutler isn't worth a damn, is absolutely foolish and even you know that. He's 25 yrs old or so, threw for 4,000 yards and 25 scores with the backfield in shambles for most of the year. Imagine what he'd be able to do with the threat of Frank Gore behind him.

The question is, if Cutler right now was in the draft, knowing what we know, would we draft him at #10. Absolutely. And if the only way we can get it done is to sweeten the deal with a Nolan guy on D, then that's exactly what we should do.

But, once again, extremely unlikely.

Last edited by Brent : 03-18-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: fixed your quote code
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
also, this just posted on nfl.com, state of the niners
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f50922
Sounds like Woodson and the other guy knew what they were talking about, I dont know who that Charles Davis guy is but I like how they are like, "you need to protect the QB whoever that is" and then he is like, "they'll take Mark Sanchez."

Also, that Singletary clip at the beginning makes me want to go out and tackle someone.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 03-18-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at Singletary makes me wanna blow up several small buildings.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
oldman9er
Rookie

oldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairoldman9er is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't expect either J.Smith or Monroe make it to Cleveland at #5. I'm not feeling so good on the value of Oher or A. Smith at #10 either.
oldman9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of them will be gone in the first four picks. I would not at all be opposed to Andre Smith, or Michael Oher at ten.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Charles Davis had us taking Curtis Lofton last year he doesn't know ****. 110 sacks the last two years :(
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Charles Davis had us taking Curtis Lofton last year he doesn't know ****.
that would have made sense though because we didnt have Takeo at that point, if I remember correctly.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that would have made sense though because we didnt have Takeo at that point, if I remember correctly.
Not over our other needs.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

did marvel smith sign?
after reading some articles over it seems like sf could deal down and only seem intrested in taking sanchez for another team or for someone to take the bait and make a deal. i would assume they will wait until next season and go bradford.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone read the Curry love-fest? (Link link)

Pity that short of a DUI and then actually shooting the cop that arrests him he isn't possibly going to fall to us...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any updates on how Kentwan Balmer is doing? I really hope he pans out..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Is there any updates on how Kentwan Balmer is doing? I really hope he pans out..
They havent had any real practices, so they probably have no idea.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i really hope to get dazzled in this years draft
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

This made me feel really good from Scott's last chat session:

[Comment From Phil from Jersey]
Scott, what advantage does Mark Sanchez hold over Josh Freeman? Freeman has a better arm and more experience in (arguably) a tougher conference

Scott Wright:Good point...

Maybe he'll stop claiming Sanchez is the BPA on the board at ten and start giving us a position player instead. I would rather have Freeman than Sanchez if we do draft one though...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
This made me feel really good from Scott's last chat session:

[Comment From Phil from Jersey]
Scott, what advantage does Mark Sanchez hold over Josh Freeman? Freeman has a better arm and more experience in (arguably) a tougher conference

Scott Wright:Good point...

Maybe he'll stop claiming Sanchez is the BPA on the board at ten and start giving us a position player instead. I would rather have Freeman than Sanchez if we do draft one though...
I wouldn't mind the Niners taking one of these guys if they traded down toward the end of the first round. Neither one is worth taking at 10 with the other talent that will be there.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 03-19-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I still think it'll be best OT available or Brown/Orakpo. I want Brown but I'm willing to accept that it'll be an OT, barring unseen player falling.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, let me preface this with, I don't anticipate this happening, nor do I think it's the best situation.

But...I think it's worth mentioning.

Sometime ago I remember reading that McCloughan and the 49ers were looking for a compliment to Frank that was a 'bigger back'. And his reasoning was, as opposed to a smaller scat back, that if Frank goes down, they want a guy that's able to carry the load for 4 weeks or so.

And then of course there's the philosophy of this organization to take the best football player first, not necessarily worry about needs. With nothing to do here at CMU except avoid the outdoors because of this chilly weather, I got to thinking. Why not Chris Wells?

I know, I know. An offensive tackle is a significant need, and there will be (hopefully) significant value at number ten. Just give yourself a few minutes to think about it. This is a two back league and the better your second back, the better your team. I think a tandem of Frank and Beanie would be pretty powerful.

With that said, i'm a big fan of Thomas Clayton and believe he has been shafted. Also I am a big fan of an Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher being a 49er ( not in that order ), but I think a draft with Chris Wells and Phil Loadholt would still have me partying and flipping off my roomate (a lions fan).

Obvious problems with this scenario:
-We miss out on an elite pass rusher
-We miss out on an elite tackle
-We miss out on an elite nose tackle

I guess, my point is stranger things have happened... thoughts? questions? concerns? additional comments? (<-- prof always says that)
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Okay, let me preface this with, I don't anticipate this happening, nor do I think it's the best situation.

But...I think it's worth mentioning.

Sometime ago I remember reading that McCloughan and the 49ers were looking for a compliment to Frank that was a 'bigger back'. And his reasoning was, as opposed to a smaller scat back, that if Frank goes down, they want a guy that's able to carry the load for 4 weeks or so.

And then of course there's the philosophy of this organization to take the best football player first, not necessarily worry about needs. With nothing to do here at CMU except avoid the outdoors because of this chilly weather, I got to thinking. Why not Chris Wells?

I know, I know. An offensive tackle is a significant need, and there will be (hopefully) significant value at number ten. Just give yourself a few minutes to think about it. This is a two back league and the better your second back, the better your team. I think a tandem of Frank and Beanie would be pretty powerful.

With that said, i'm a big fan of Thomas Clayton and believe he has been shafted. Also I am a big fan of an Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher being a 49er ( not in that order ), but I think a draft with Chris Wells and Phil Loadholt would still have me partying and flipping off my roomate (a lions fan).

Obvious problems with this scenario:
-We miss out on an elite pass rusher
-We miss out on an elite tackle
-We miss out on an elite nose tackle

I guess, my point is stranger things have happened... thoughts? questions? concerns? additional comments? (<-- prof always says that)
I wouldn't be bothered that for sure. The look for Sidbury in the third or someone like that.

My one issue is that there are always so many RB available. All we need is a good #2, who will only get about 10 carries a game. No reason to spend our first round pick.

All I'm saying is I would be much more happy getting Oher, then English/Barwin and then Greene or Jennings.

I like Greene especially because he only has one year with of starting experience, thus should be more fresh than a lot of running backs coming into the NFL with 700-800 career carries.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote