Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry guys, 34 sacks thus far just solidifies my belief that we need a stud of an OT, preferably one in the 1st round. If Hill can come in and have better success behind our front 5, maybe then I'll consider a WR in the first but for now - my choice is OL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been saying that since week 2, cj.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Sorry guys, 34 sacks thus far just solidifies my belief that we need a stud of an OT, preferably one in the 1st round. If Hill can come in and have better success behind our front 5, maybe then I'll consider a WR in the first but for now - my choice is OL.
Well yeah right now it has to be O-line the way they have played unless something changes.

Alos the 49ers waived David Kirtman, and signed Sean Ryan TE from New Orleans. I wonder what the point of this is.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 11-03-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the sacks are coming as a result of the scheme. Our OL is built for the run game, not heavy amounts of passing and certainly not many 5-step drops... 7-step drops seem to guarantee failure. As for OT vs. WR, well when you dont have a playmaker outside, I think you have to take one. That was part of the reason why Alex failed. He had no one to throw to but Gore. There is no way you can develop a QB without a reliable target. Yes, Morgan is promising but Hill doesnt seem to be showing much development and no offense to Morgan but I dont think he's going to ever be an elite #1.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

UFA
Jordan Gross OT
n asamugha/d robinson/ c gamble CB
tank johnson nt

draft
crabtree
cushing or t jackson pls fall to second
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft a QB at some point, I got my hopes up for Brian Johnson of Utah. Since Urban Meyer left, it's become a more spread passing attack.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drafting another QB from Utah might be a tough sell to Niner fans.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya, honestly i can't see that happening
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great interview of Jed York by Lowell Cohn. Listening (or reading) what this guy says gives me confidence for the future.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/cohn/2...ranscript.html

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 11-05-2008 at 10:56 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
UFA
Jordan Gross OT
n asamugha/d robinson/ c gamble CB
tank johnson nt

draft
crabtree
I would cream my pants if all this happened....

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I would cream my pants if all this happened....
Keep dreaming thats all I gotta say.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Drafting another QB from Utah might be a tough sell to Niner fans.
You can say that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
Tyson Jackson could fall to the 2nd round. I'm not gonna say it's impossible.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can say that again.

Drafting another QB from Utah might be a tough sell to Niner fans. :)

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-07-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

From here: http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...hs-future.html

Quote:
Maiocco: And what's the feeling about how Alex fits?
McCloughan: The way coach Martz speaks about him to this day, it's too bad he's not healthy. He'd be playing him now. He sees a lot of positives. With the youth of Alex, it means there's still a lot to develop and work on. And with Alex, he's eager to work on it. He wants to soak it in and get better. I know Alex likes the system and likes working with coach Martz.
(emphasis mine)

Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

What I get from this is that Alex and Martz will be back again next year.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
What I get from this is that Alex and Martz will be back again next year.
Only on the condition that he takes a pay cut. However, Alex will be looking for a place where he can potentially start and get paid... oh wait, both of those fit the Niners.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

It will be really interesting to see how he performs when healthy.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex is getting married right?

That could make him lean to trying to work out how to stay or not.
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Alex is getting married right?

That could make him lean to trying to work out how to stay or not.
He has been engaged for a while. I need to find a pic again, she was effing hot.

EDIT: http://cbs5.com/video/?id=32897@kpix.dayport.com she's very attractive but then again with that much cash, I would expect nothing less.

Last edited by Brent : 11-10-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He has been engaged for a while. I need to find a pic again, she was effing hot.

EDIT: http://cbs5.com/video/?id=32897@kpix.dayport.com she's very attractive but then again with that much cash, I would expect nothing less.
Oh my lord. Alex gets an atta boy.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

You know, if Morgan and Jason Hill are going to play like they did last night for the next few years, I guess I dont have to hope the Niners draft Crabtree. So, now I shall shift my hopes on Orakpo or Oher.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You know, if Morgan and Jason Hill are going to play like they did last night for the next few years, I guess I dont have to hope the Niners draft Crabtree. So, now I shall shift my hopes on Orakpo or Oher.
Yeah, they need to go OT for sure!

It would be nice to add a big, physical WR for goal line jump balls, like a Plaxico or a Sweed. A WR like that can be found after early in the first round, though.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, they need to go OT for sure!
I dont know what's a bigger need though, another OT or a freaking pass rusher. Plus, do we need to drop that much cash on an OT? I thought Staley has really got up to speed lately at LT and RT still seems like a bigger need.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

We may be able to get a pass rusher in the early 2nd, but elite OT's are usually gone by then.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

DAMN!!! She's definitely HOT!!! Just imagine what his future wife would look like if he was actually good. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote