Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kwame Harris was a TREMENDOUS run blocker on the right-side as well. Loadholt has an even worse waist-bending technique than Kwame does. Loadholt will be another of a long line of bull-fighting type right tackles that get killed off the edge all day.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

the other guy i like is Eben Britton. he won't be there in the 2nd round however. unless Oher, E.Brown, or B. Raji aren't there @ 10 then i would hope they look @ moving down & still getting a quality tackle in day 1.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should qwell my Phil Loadholt hate with saying that I think he is a better LEFT tackle prospect than Kwame. I think he has a better "mean-streak" and also won't make as many mental mistakes, but as far as his ability to stop edge rushers on the RIGHT side, I think he will struggle just as Harris has.

My favorite RIGHT tackle prospects outside of the first round are...

Jamon Meredith
Gerald Cadogan
TJ Lang
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loadholt has way better confidence, and is way more aggressive in his pass pro than Kwame, he will be much better.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I don't argue that he could be better. Unfortunately his aggression in pass pro could be disastrous unless he fixes his technique issues. In the NFL, a defender will easily use his aggression against him to make him off-balance. His poor knee bend and heavy feet will make it impossible for him to recover.

I respect your opinion on him however. I will not and cannot say your analysis is wrong. I just evaluate him differently. If the 49ers select him, I hope that my analysis = FAIL

Last edited by phlysac : 03-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But, Loadholt can't play Chopin on the piano.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

EXACTLY !!!

Piano playing Offensive Tackles FTMFW
Old 03-24-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect your opinion Phlysac, I just feel that with the way Staley is developing into a franchise left tackle, we will have the luxury to lock him 1 on 1, and chip with Gore on the right which would help Loadholt tremendously in pass pro.

Not to mention at right tackle, he's not going to be seeing the stud defensive ends, as all our quarterbacks are righties.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
I respect your opinion Phlysac, I just feel that with the way Staley is developing into a franchise left tackle, we will have the luxury to lock him 1 on 1, and chip with Gore on the right which would help Loadholt tremendously in pass pro.

Not to mention at right tackle, he's not going to be seeing the stud defensive ends, as all our quarterbacks are righties.
Again, I don't want to draft a tackle with the plan of "helping him" in pass pro.

Kwame Harris and Barry Sims have shown just how easy it is to block the DE's that aren't "studs". If a member of your line is weak in pass pro, a good coordinator is going to send pressure on that side. Hence Joey Porter making Sims look stupid at the end of the Dolphins game.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Again, I don't want to draft a tackle with the plan of "helping him" in pass pro.

Kwame Harris and Barry Sims have shown just how easy it is to block the DE's that aren't "studs". If a member of your line is weak in pass pro, a good coordinator is going to send pressure on that side. Hence Joey Porter making Sims look stupid at the end of the Dolphins game.
Maybe I didn't write that as clearly as I should have. I don't want to draft someone knowing that i'm going to have to help him out with schemes either. What I meant was if push came to shove, we would have that capability early on as he got use to the pro game. I still think he comes with a better pass pro set than people give him credit for. And whatever short comings he DOES have, I don't think outweigh the capabilities he has in the run game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyTOOKEOIFo

Last edited by king2am : 03-24-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: link
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I got from that video is that his Pass Pro technique is HORRID

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

They neglected to show these highlights in the Loadholt video...

Basically the first minute of the video...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even need to watch that Tex/OU video. I clearly remember watching it live and I completely wrote off Loadholt after that pathetic performance. I wouldn't draft this guy in the first 3 rounds. Probably not the 4th either. Just way too questionable to invest a high pick on.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
They neglected to show these highlights in the Loadholt video...

Basically the first minute of the video...

Okay. I am not saying he's great in pass pro. I'm saying he could be such a beast in the run game it would outweigh his shortcomings elsewhere.

Here's what I believe from watching that film.

Loadholt is not left tackle.
Loadholt will not do well in pass pro if the rusher can pin his ears back almost every snap.
Loadholt will benefit from a different system.

And if we happen to miss out on a top tier tackle at #10, I would absolutely take him in the second.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i really like max unger out of oregon. he can play all 3 spots on the line & he's a solid player. only problem is he won't be there in the 2nd.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap!!! Well, Loadholt is off my list. Jeez, he looked horrible in that video. I could protect better. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I've seen rubbers with holes in them offer better protection.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
i really like max unger out of oregon. he can play all 3 spots on the line & he's a solid player. only problem is he won't be there in the 2nd.
If you want a guy that projects well to Tackle, Guard and Center and will be available....

TJ Lang - Eastern Michigan

He's virtually unknown and I'm willing to bet will be drafted in the 3rd round at the LATEST.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
No way man, you're not allowed to have three (Chung, Johnson and Unger), from UO in your mock :D
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quick. Vote for Andre Smith in this voting mock before the clowns give us Mark Sanchez!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...98#post1564598
Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Cadogen is looking like he could be our guy in the second if we go De/OLB in the first.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye bye Strickland:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4015091

With him gone, Smith being moved to safety, Spencer's injury and impending FA status, and an aging Walt Harris, I could see the Niners going CB in the draft as early as the 2nd round if there is value.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

You guys are being too hard on Loadholt. The only thing wrong with his technique is his drops. He takes really wide drops in his pass set putting himself way out on an island. That is easily coachable, and could be fixed within the first few weeks of two-a-days.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
You guys are being too hard on Loadholt. The only thing wrong with his technique is his drops. He takes really wide drops in his pass set putting himself way out on an island. That is easily coachable, and could be fixed within the first few weeks of two-a-days.
If it were that simple, wouldn't it have been fixed by Stoops years ago? I mean, Stoops isn't an idiot.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen worse. That comment just popped into my head and I had to post it LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote