Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Help me beat the deadline!

I have 20 minutes to come up with an idea and thesis about any topic I please, pending professor approval. I leave it up to you, SWDC, to decide my English 102 fate. The best topic left here (that I think I can write about for seven pages) will be chosen. I think this is a group creative enough to come up something better than Steroids in baseball and how they corrupted the game.

Clock starts.. Now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In celebration of Jackie Robinson Day...How Jackie Robinson changed the world of sports

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
In celebration of Jackie Robinson Day...How Jackie Robinson changed the world of sports
I think this should end this thread.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, the steroids topic is so overused.

Go for something relevant and controversial that maybe broadens your horizons outside of sports

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How Martin Brodeur is better than Patrick Roy and Zach Parise is better than Wayne Gretzky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Please, the steroids topic is so overused.

Go for something relevant and controversial that maybe broadens your horizons outside of sports
It is very overused, I agree. But there is so much information floating out there that there are very many view points.

I'm using the Jackie Robinson one. Well played.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
How Martin Brodeur is better than Patrick Roy and Zach Parise is better than Wayne Gretzky.
I like Parise...but I can not take part in any Roy blasphemy!!

And woo hoo to me picking the topic!

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 04-15-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Controversial, I like it.

Go Devils! Rock the Red ...at the Rock!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe talk about how some of the high end teams (Cowboys, Yankees etc) charge ridiculous prices for seats and food. Say how they are geared towards making as much money as possible, thus eliminating the average fan. You could talk about how the middle classes in those cities can't afford going to the games because of the economy. I don't know, just an idea.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, you're going with the Jackie Robinson one. That's a good one.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Maybe talk about how some of the high end teams (Cowboys, Yankees etc) charge ridiculous prices for seats and food. Say how they are geared towards making as much money as possible, thus eliminating the average fan. You could talk about how the middle classes in those cities can't afford going to the games because of the economy. I don't know, just an idea.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, you're going with the Jackie Robinson one. That's a good one.
I like that topic a lot, though. The Jackie Robinson is too good of an idea to pass up. I'll keep that idea in the back of my head for my next paper in business. + Rep for using your head.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would certainly know about that living close to Toronto and Leaf Nation. It's ******* ridiculous, but at the end of the day no matter what goes on with the team, the fans always show up.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I would certainly know about that living close to Toronto and Leaf Nation. It's ******* ridiculous, but at the end of the day no matter what goes on with the team, the fans always show up.
Yeah, I agree. No matter how much the cost, I would find away to get Bills' seasons tix.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dog fighting, much like Balinese cockfighting, is a rhetorical representation of manhood in certain populations of American culture.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. No matter how much the cost, I would find away to get Bills' seasons tix.
Yeah, but it's a bit different in Buffalo. The team isn't always selling out like it used to. Toronto continues to increase ticket prices, even during these economic times, and of course, business goes on as usual.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dog fighting, much like Balinese cockfighting, is a rhetorical representation of manhood in certain populations of American culture.
That is quite the controversial topic lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Yeah, but it's a bit different in Buffalo. The team isn't always selling out like it used to. Toronto continues to increase ticket prices, even during these economic times, and of course, business goes on as usual.
The Bills are still selling out consistently. The last blacked out game was three years ago I believe. You're right about Toronto. 250 dollar tickets for a preseason game is absurd. That's just awful.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBB is right, we've sold out every game since 2005

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
TBB is right, we've sold out every game since 2005
I had the flu so I sat the Bills vs. Jaguars game out. Of course it was blacked out, and we one. MJD ran all over us that game, and that's when Tasker said "If you weren't at this game, damnit you should've been."

Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
That is quite the controversial topic lol
It was my senior thesis. Of course said way more eloquently.

Last edited by Brent : 04-15-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How Martin Brodeur is better than God
That is far better of a topic. And if you want a controversial topic, how about the fact that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before hand and let it happen? Now that's some good stuff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That is far better of a topic. And if you want a controversial topic, how about the fact that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before hand and let it happen? Now that's some good stuff.
God I hate FDR.

Although this always makes me smile:
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

1) Why do you hate FDR?
2) I have seen that here before, it's funny.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
1) Why do you hate FDR?
2) I have seen that here before, it's funny.
From drawing the US into WWII by letting Pearl Harbor happen, how he prolonged the great depression, single handedly ensured the welfare state and the general deification of FDR. Or how he became the first and only president to serve more than two terms. He's a president I disagree with severely on practically everything. And his adoring fans have somehow warped history to the point where Hoover is considered a free-market capitalist president just to make their hero look even more progressive and before his time.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've done it on cat juggling..
Old 04-16-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
From drawing the US into WWII by letting Pearl Harbor happen, how he prolonged the great depression, single handedly ensured the welfare state and the general deification of FDR. Or how he became the first and only president to serve more than two terms. He's a president I disagree with severely on practically everything. And his adoring fans have somehow warped history to the point where Hoover is considered a free-market capitalist president just to make their hero look even more progressive and before his time.
Boy, you and I do not see eye to eye on this (no, I'm not one of the FDR fanboys) so I shall say, agree to disagree and leave it at that.