Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Who do you want?
Hakeem Nicks - UNC 11 37.93%
Kenny Britt - Rutgers 9 31.03%
DHB - Maryland 3 10.34%
Percy Harvin - Gators 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ok...Now WR's...Who ya got??

Keeping with the theme. If WR is the pick next saturday...Who ya got??
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphonso Smith.

:-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA. You really like Smith. He would be nice in purple....
Old 04-18-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at first I wanted Nicks but lately I have been really on the Kenny Britt Bandwagon. I just see him doing very well in the NFL and a perfect compliment with Bernard Berrian.

If we take Heyward - Bey i wouldnt be upset. If we take Harvin I might be a little pissed lol. I have never liked the idea of taking Harvin.

1. Britt
2. Nicks
3. Heyward - Bey
4. Harvin

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 04-18-2009 at 02:35 AM.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks.....

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would want Nicks, too
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive already gone on record saying that I think the only WRs worth drafting in the first round are Crabtree and Maclin. I dont like Harvin or DHB unless they fall to us in the second. I think that Britt and Nicks are also 2nd/3rd round material.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Well at first I wanted Nicks but lately I have been really on the Kenny Britt Bandwagon. I just see him doing very well in the NFL and a perfect compliment with Bernard Berrian.

If we take Heyward - Bey i wouldnt be upset. If we take Harvin I might be a little pissed lol. I have never liked the idea of taking Harvin.

1. Britt
2. Nicks
3. Heyward - Bey
4. Harvin
That is pretty much exactly what I think, and my exact rankings for us.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Nicks the rest are projects with questionable hands speed is over rated. I dont care if you run a 3.2 forty if you cant catch the ball you suck.
Chris carter never got alot of seperation either but he still caught alot of balls
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For me it goes

Harvin

Nicks
DHB

Britt
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it goes like this with the WR's
Kenny Britt

Hakeem Nicks

Percy Harvin
Darius Heywerd-Bey
Brian Robiskie
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very close race between Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, either one IMO is exactly what the Vikings need across from Bernard Berrian. I am surprised to see DHB get any votes he hasn't gotten a lot of talk from us. But for good reason when I was watching NFL network and Mayock compared him to Troy Williamson that was pretty much it for me.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Very close race between Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, either one IMO is exactly what the Vikings need across from Bernard Berrian. I am surprised to see DHB get any votes he hasn't gotten a lot of talk from us. But for good reason when I was watching NFL network and Mayock compared him to Troy Williamson that was pretty much it for me.
See I don't really agree with the Williamson comparisons as he is nowhere near as bad at tracking balls in the air, has never had the concentration issues Williamson had and is a much better attitude than did Troy. Nevertheless I still don't want him on the Vikings as the guy he really reminds me of is Bernard Berrian. Now he could very well end up being better than Bernard, but what our receiving corps need is a consistent receiving target that can go across the middle and make the tough third down reception. For this reason, I really hope we go with Hakeem Nicks as he provided those exact qualities and more for North Carolina and I really do project those abilities of his to transfer over to the pro game. Overall I really wasn't nearly as impressed with Britt in watching him, despite his obvious advantages in size in comparison to Nicks.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

DHB is my favorite prospect of the bunch, but for reasons stated above I don't think he would be the best fit for the Vikes. I'd be happy with Nicks or Britt and wouldn't hate DHB or Harvin either. But if I had to pick one I'd say Nicks.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I'd be happy with any of them but I think DHB is a distant 4th in my book. He has some serious upside but lacked production and the situation just reminds me too much of Troy Williamson. It will be interesting to see what happens if Britton is gone and all four of these guys are on the board because then we will really find out who the front office likes the most. With all the negative local talk surrounding Harvin at this point I wouldn't rule him out, it seems that whenever teams say they don't like player A, they end up taking him. It will be an exciting weekend.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard on NFLN Path to the Draft that Hakeem Nicks supposedly had a work out last week and after a couple of routes (forgot the exact number, I know it wasn't to high) he was tired. I have seen some people worried about his weight issue and his physical conditions and just hearing that makes me a little worry.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
I heard on NFLN Path to the Draft that Hakeem Nicks supposedly had a work out last week and after a couple of routes (forgot the exact number, I know it wasn't to high) he was tired. I have seen some people worried about his weight issue and his physical conditions and just hearing that makes me a little worry.
Mike Williams #2???
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, I just caught the tail end of that, and I just worry about his work ethic and conditioning. Partly that and just talent wise, makes me rather have Britt. I could see Britt being a legitimate top level #1, where as I see Nicks as more of a TJ Houshmandzadeh, a guy who's better off as a team's #2 and is excellent at that. I also, see Berrian as more of a very, very good #2, and that's why I'd like to get the #1 in Britt.
I don't know if that makes any sense, but it made sense in my head, at least somewhat.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Yea, I just caught the tail end of that, and I just worry about his work ethic and conditioning. Partly that and just talent wise, makes me rather have Britt. I could see Britt being a legitimate top level #1, where as I see Nicks as more of a TJ Houshmandzadeh, a guy who's better off as a team's #2 and is excellent at that. I also, see Berrian as more of a very, very good #2, and that's why I'd like to get the #1 in Britt.
I don't know if that makes any sense, but it made sense in my head, at least somewhat.
See I really don't care for Britt much from what I've seen. Even at the college level he really seemed to get little to no separation and never appeared to do any damage after the catch. Also his hands leave something to be desired, so overall I'd much rather have Nicks. Maybe with these concerns popping up though we'd be able to move down with our first pick to the top of the second round and snag him there. That'd definitely make me a happy boy.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Haha that makes sense for the most part. If the guy we draft turns into a legit #1 then we are in great shape because Berrian as a very good #2 in this league and with AD in the backfield he is a great #2.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Vikings fans would hate DHB, after the last track athlete they drafted.

Britt is much better than Nicks. When Nicks usually gets open its because of blown coverage. He barley got open with his acceleration or route running, in the NFL his speed against better Cbs will be non-existent, and he is not a great route runner. I was pulling for Nicks before until I saw some things and then realized Britt was actually better.

Britt gets open by doing the small things right, he is in the same boat as Nicks for speed. But he gets open by his good route running, and doing the small things right.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought Vikings fans would hate DHB, after the last track athlete they drafted.

Britt is much better than Nicks. When Nicks usually gets open its because of blown coverage. He barley got open with his acceleration or route running, in the NFL his speed against better Cbs will be non-existent, and he is not a great route runner. I was pulling for Nicks before until I saw some things and then realized Britt was actually better.

Britt gets open by doing the small things right, he is in the same boat as Nicks for speed. But he gets open by his good route running, and doing the small things right.
I really wonder what tape you've watched of the two, as I saw the exact opposite from watching them both play. From my observations, Nicks is a much more natural pass catcher and is from everything I've seen runs significantly crisper routes. The only thing that Britt has on Nicks in my book is size and conditioning if the reports are true.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I bet if everyone watched this nice 11 minute video breaking down the WR's in this draft before they voted that poll would look a lot differnt.

Crabtree, Harvin, and Maclin are MILES AND MILES ahead of DHB, Nicks, and Britt as prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fe6b1b
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

God I thoght I was the only one who saw that! I wonder if people even know what they are looking at. Nicks cant even run away from horrible college CB's. The game against WVU was a perfect example. Go back and watch the highlights again. Every play you'll either say that was horrible coverage or that ball gets picked off in the NFL.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
I bet if everyone watched this nice 11 minute video breaking down the WR's in this draft before they voted that poll would look a lot differnt.

Crabtree, Harvin, and Maclin are MILES AND MILES ahead of DHB, Nicks, and Britt as prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fe6b1b
Doesn't change my opinion, not one bit I still want Kenny Britt.