View Poll Results: Yugioh Cards vs. Pokemon Cards
Yugioh Cards 10 26.32%
Pokemon Cards 28 73.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I quit when #250 came by. After that I just stopped caring. I played the games like crazy though.

I'll take pokémon cards because you could actually play with them without needing to spend three weeks in boot camp to figure out how it worked (which was the problem with Yigioh IIRC)
Yugioh was super easy~

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think popularity wise, TV show, video games etc. Pokemon wins easily.

But I think the actual card game its self, Yu-gioh was better, it was more fun for me, I guess, made more sense with like the attack power and trap cards w/e.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemon had the better storyline but Yugi Oh was IMO more fun to play (in terms of cards). Those Pokemon gameboy games were fun and I still bust them out on occasion (very rare occasion).
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Yugioh was super easy~
Could be. There were so many card games in those days I lose track which were impossible to play and which were pretty good. I wasn't too crazy about Yugioh on tv, so the card game wasn't on my radar.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yu-Gi-Oh was much simpler and more fun to play (because who the **** uses energy cards and weird marble thingamajigs?), but Pokemon looked cooler and were just more fun to collect. (Although if we're talking about the shows, Yu-Gi-Oh was much more appealing than Pokemon).

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh was much simpler and more fun to play (because who the **** uses energy cards and weird marble thingamajigs?), but Pokemon looked cooler and were just more fun to collect. (Although if we're talking about the shows, Yu-Gi-Oh was much more appealing than Pokemon).
Nah, Yu-Gi-Oh on TV was really wack.

I mean those puzzle pieces, or lost pieces whatever the **** they were. Exodia? That storyline was stupid as hell, and I also think Joey and Yugi were gay for one another, the characters sucked bawls.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Pokemon show/games.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
kills 100% of the time in 4? or it CAN kill in 4... that's a big difference, i have a scepter chant u/w deck... if you're unfamil...

Isochron Scepter
Artifact, 2 (2)
Imprint - When Isochron Scepter comes into play, you may remove an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less in your hand from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)
{2}, {T}: You may copy the imprinted instant card. If you do, you may play the copy without paying its mana cost.1

Orim's Chant
Instant, W (1)
Kicker {W} (You may pay an additional {W} as you play this spell.)
Target player can't play spells this turn.
If the kicker cost was paid, creatures can't attack this turn.1

combine the two, unlimited orim's chants... a few counterspells, a few mana leaks... a few morphlings... pretty much awesome.

Counter Burn is so passe these days... i mean, a pure red burn deck > blue/red counter...
its a peebles and it usually kills turn 4

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
its a peebles and it usually kills turn 4
if you can't pillage by turn 3 its gg. and that's IF you main deck it.

RDW is probably one of my better uw control matchups...

edit: magic nerds are much more aggressive on their style of play over yugioh... you'll find crafters of a much greater intellect and theory.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 04-18-2009 at 01:11 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

How much better is Pokemon than Yugioh?

OVER 9000!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cleaning out my bedroom, and have my old Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Transformers/Beast Wars, and other toys out. One of my buddies comes in, and sees everything. He immediately goes, "Dude! No wai!!!" and he starts looking through my Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

So I'm voting Yu-Gi-Oh on Cory's behalf. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm..... I guess I was the only one that actually played the Pokemon card game how it was meant to be played then?
And I must fail at life because I never got a charizard holo. :(
It's not fair, my friend I introduced to pokemon in the 6th grade got one in his first booster pack. :P

Anyways, I reckon from all the money I spent on Ninja Turtles, GI Joe, Power Rangers, Pokemon merchandise, etc..... I could have a sweet ass car or something right now.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
My generation had Magic: The Gathering cards!
Right here. Magic was the ****.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play the pokemon games on the DS? It's surprisingly fun. I've been playing Platinum on an emulator along with the ace attorney series and now I think I'm going to get a DSI.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else have Star Wars cards? those were sweet. I had pokemon too... what a waste of money all those stupid cards were. Someone got rich from that.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pokemon cards and its not even close. They were the **** back in the day.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I can't believe this is even a debate.

Charizard FTW!!
I know, they're all wack..... Go out and play sports, LOL

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never got into any of the trading cards. I had some Pokemon cards, but I was like 9 and my parents made me pay for them, but I was jobless so...

The pokemon games were sick though. I got all 150 on Pokemon Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Anyone play the pokemon games on the DS? It's surprisingly fun. I've been playing Platinum on an emulator along with the ace attorney series and now I think I'm going to get a DSI.
I have Pearl for my DS. There are some crazy ass kids who will kick your ass. With the whole breeding and natures, it's got a lot more depth.

All this talk about Magic makes me want to play but I haven't played since like 5th or 6th grade. 8 years or so I guess that'd be? Jeeze.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
All this talk about Magic makes me want to play but I haven't played since like 5th or 6th grade. 8 years or so I guess that'd be? Jeeze.
the game has changed tons.

type 2 (or standard), is the de jure game these days, the cheapest to get into if you don't have all your old cards...

if you do have your old cards, there's always extended, which is pretty much open from ice-age on...

Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate T2. its so boring :(

Old 04-20-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
i hate T2. its so boring :(
it could be worse... t2 really relies more on an intricacy of meta-game awareness and the quality of play...

i loved the kamigawa-ravinca block. it was something awesome. played heartbeat combo ftw....

Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I have Pearl for my DS. There are some crazy ass kids who will kick your ass. With the whole breeding and natures, it's got a lot more depth.

=]

I know all about the natures though. Like I restarted the emulator until I had a naive nature Chimchar so his speed would increase and none of his atk or satk would decrase. I also caught like a dozen Magikarp until I found one adamant nature as that is +atk and -satk and Gyarados is a huge physical attacker. Coming from Yellow to Platinum, I think I have the basics down, natures are easy to understand, boring to keep catching pokemon until you get that one nature you need. I haven't breeded yet, so I guess that's what I'll have to pick up next.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it could be worse... t2 really relies more on an intricacy of meta-game awareness and the quality of play...

i loved the kamigawa-ravinca block. it was something awesome. played heartbeat combo ftw....
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:

i really stopped playing after the Mirrodin block, i hated the Kawigama block