Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Really? Because all ACC schools are in the top 30, just like the Big XI? Did you look at the rankings...I count 7 ACC and all 10 Big XI.
Duke, Wake Forest, and Boston College are all private though
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yeah, I never said anything about public only.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Ok, well 10/11 is still greater than 7/9. Throw in Northwestern being better than 2/3 of those, and I'm pretty sure the Big XI is considered tops academically, especially given the post graduate programs.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Penn State got shafted. I guess the weather being like 10 degrees for 3 months a year hurts us.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That party the dude described for UT, that is probably one of the larger frat's parties. I have been to one of those, it's douchebag central.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Loyola at NO was a very good party school
Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm waiting for the elitist dbag to come back...
Old 04-19-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That party the dude described for UT, that is probably one of the larger frat's parties. I have been to one of those, it's douchebag central.
As most fraternities are. It's never good sign of your social acumen when you've got to pay stupid amounts of money to make friends and meet girls.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
As most fraternities are. It's never good sign of your social acumen when you've got to pay stupid amounts of money to make friends and meet girls.
Yes, I am not a fan of schools that have their social scenes centered around the greek system. Which is why I love Iowa, and have heard that Madison is a perfect balance between greek and non-greek influence.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Hey goofball, when you say ALL SEC schools are jokes except Vandy, would that not include Florida and Georgia?

Hey,

I don't think having the highest ranked public at #15 is very good, sorry. And if you want to include all schools we can go head to head. The SEC is laughed at by everyone outside of the south as being schools that care more about football and care very little about academics.

Northwestern>Vanderbilt
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State>Florida
Ohio State>Georgia
Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana>Alabama

So based purely on the non-biased rankings, every single Big Ten school is ranked ahead of the top 4 in the SEC. I'd say thats a landslide. But again, I've provided rankings, you've done nothing but call names and claiming I need to "research."
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, I am not a fan of schools that have their social scenes centered around the greek system
OU has become that way. Luckily, here, most guys aren't in frats and if they are, well, they're undoubtedly douchebags. What's funny is how often they all dress the same. Once, I was at a bar and there were like three of them all wearing light khaki shorts and near-identical button-up light blue shirts. And of course their obligatory Polo hat.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Hey,

I don't think having the highest ranked public at #15 is very good, sorry. And if you want to include all schools we can go head to head. The SEC is laughed at by everyone outside of the south as being schools that care more about football and care very little about academics.

Northwestern>Vanderbilt
Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State>Florida
Ohio State>Georgia
Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana>Alabama

So based purely on the non-biased rankings, every single Big Ten school is ranked ahead of the top 4 in the SEC. I'd say thats a landslide. But again, I've provided rankings, you've done nothing but call names and claiming I need to "research."
That doesn't mean the SEC schools are bad schools...
Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chico State needs to be way higher.

Last edited by locseti : 04-20-2009 at 01:51 PM.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
but I know I am not talking **** out of my ass.
pics or it didn't happen.

i said it.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
pics or it didn't happen.

i said it.
Add me on facebook, Philip Lolis.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
That doesn't mean the SEC schools are bad schools...
I beg to differ. When i see several SEC schools below Arizona State (a major state school with an UNaccredited English Program, which proves its worth as a university) I would say they're bad schools. You or one of your friends cited the fact that there are thousands of schools in the nation and thus somehow that makes your ranking good? That doesn't exactly follow as the rankings above only take into account Public Universities (those offering degrees through doctoral) and thus would discount those large numbers that were given. Therefore, anything outside of the Top 50 Public Universities could be construed as weak. If you want to have a discussion, provide some proof that they're legitimate schools. And try to do so without referring to me as "dbag" as your main piece of evidence. After all of this, I'm beginning to think you probably go to one of these "schools."
Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Chico State needs to be NUMBER ONE
Had to fix that for you. Being a former resident of Redding, CA, I am aware of the craziness that is Chico State.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how WVU got 13 for brains?

Edit: Then again its given a perfect 20, for Sex.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
I beg to differ. When i see several SEC schools below Arizona State (a major state school with an UNaccredited English Program, which proves its worth as a university) I would say they're bad schools. You or one of your friends cited the fact that there are thousands of schools in the nation and thus somehow that makes your ranking good? That doesn't exactly follow as the rankings above only take into account Public Universities (those offering degrees through doctoral) and thus would discount those large numbers that were given. Therefore, anything outside of the Top 50 Public Universities could be construed as weak. If you want to have a discussion, provide some proof that they're legitimate schools. And try to do so without referring to me as "dbag" as your main piece of evidence. After all of this, I'm beginning to think you probably go to one of these "schools."
I go to Temple University, if that were not obvious enough. I'd love to hear your elitist take on my school.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
I go to Temple University, if that were not obvious enough. I'd love to hear your elitist take on my school.
How is my view "elisist?" I'm saying the schools aren't good based upon the rankings provided to me.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
How is my view "elisist?" I'm saying the schools aren't good based upon the rankings provided to me.
That's exactly why you're an elitist; you think an arbitrary number given by a magazine whose goal is to sell magazines dictates the quality (or lackthereof) of a college/university.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

What are you talking about JHG? He is saying that he judges a school by his own accord, NOT some magazine's ranking.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
What are you talking about JHG? He is saying that he judges a school by his own accord, NOT some magazine's ranking.
No he's not...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stay away from Vaquero parties. They claim to not be a frat, but it's the same damn thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

frats arent big at wvu

went to one party though; it was pretty cool though; had a bunch of people and a band

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote