Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
That's exactly why you're an elitist; you think an arbitrary number given by a magazine whose goal is to sell magazines dictates the quality (or lackthereof) of a college/university.

I use the most objective source available to the general public to make the most informed opinions possible. Come up with a better solution if you've got one. They combine many statistics to come up with their numbers, its closer than anything you've given me, pal.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he's not...
Fair enough, admittedly, I am drunk and trying my best to comprehend what is being posted. Hooray English majors!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Add me on facebook, Philip Lolis.
did you guys really let this go un-noticed? oh come on SWDC, you're slacking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I use the most objective source available to the general public to make the most informed opinions possible. Come up with a better solution if you've got one. They combine many statistics to come up with their numbers, its closer than anything you've given me, pal.
I'm not your pal.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not your pal.
no, but you may be the king of most utterly pointless posts, congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Idaho State?.. This list is now null and void.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
No Idaho State?.. This list is now null and void.
What is there to do in Idaho other than drink and hook up with girls? Nothing, thus making it no different than any other small town which surrounds a college.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What is there to do in Idaho other than drink and hook up with girls? Nothing, thus making it no different than any other small town which surrounds a college.
Dude.. I was just kidding.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had to fix that for you. Being a former resident of Redding, CA, I am aware of the craziness that is Chico State.
My friend is going to Chico, and I have heard some crazy shizz from him haha

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not your pal.

You also, seemingly, are not capable of holding your own in a conversation. So feel free to keep calling me an "elitist" if that somehow makes you feel smart and in your own mind validates your argument. The point is, I cited an objective reference to prove my point, you've provided this entire conversation with nothing, zip, zilch, nada with the exception of, as noted before, calling me an "elitist" for using those rankings. Good one.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You also, seemingly, are not capable of holding your own in a conversation. So feel free to keep calling me an "elitist" if that somehow makes you feel smart and in your own mind validates your argument. The point is, I cited an objective reference to prove my point, you've provided this entire conversation with nothing, zip, zilch, nada with the exception of, as noted before, calling me an "elitist" for using those rankings. Good one.
I dont know how saying that a publication's rankings arent the end all be all is nothing, but okay.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
I dont know how saying that a publication's rankings arent the end all be all is nothing, but okay.
Then provide me with something better if you have something.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

Quote:
Then provide me with something better if you have something.
I'm not going to waste my time noting the fantastic programs at schools outside of the top 50, but the point is that anyone can exceed anywhere, most schools provide a great education, and being outside of some arbitrary number in some arbitrary ranking does not mean a school is not good.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Dude.. I was just kidding.
I'm aware; trust me it's not much different here.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't lie Brent, you know that was a drunk tirade.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I always thought Texas A&M was a party school..

Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Don't lie Brent, you know that was a drunk tirade.
eh, 50/50

Quote:
I always thought Texas A&M was a party school..
Party school? No, it's just that all there is to do is drink or at least enhance your activities with alcohol. Most places have one night where they have a lot of drink specials and those are spread out through the week, so you can drink just about any time you want.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time noting the fantastic programs at schools outside of the top 50, but the point is that anyone can exceed anywhere, most schools provide a great education, and being outside of some arbitrary number in some arbitrary ranking does not mean a school is not good.

Now you're comparing individual programs at schools to entire universities, which was what I was ranking. You can't just change the scope of an argument to suit your needs and call that evidence. That's not how it works. And to call the rankings more arbitrary than your opinions doesn't make sense either. Also, if you WANTED to go into individual programs, how would you discuss the benefits of those. Answer, the rankings as well. Nice try.