Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.
Thumbs up MORE

Where is society at?
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen this before. I had to write a report on it is school. It's very well done. A lot of interesting ideas in it and I thought the animation, although simple, was excellent for this film.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very well done, pretty damn cool. + rep

I saw another one at school that's very alike.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatever that was, it was good, is it just a short or is there other parts to it?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Highagain
Rookie

Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.Highagain is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
whatever that was, it was good, is it just a short or is there other parts to it?
Nope, just a short.
Highagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was deep.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

powerful stuff there.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am terrible in english, and understanding symbolism, metaphors, and Irony. Can someone explain the big picture in this one for me? I must be really dumb.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I am terrible in english, and understanding symbolism, metaphors, and Irony. Can someone explain the big picture in this one for me? I must be really dumb.
It's got nothing to do with English.

I'm guessing people will enterpret it different ways, but I saw it as a representation of monotony of life as driven by the constant seeking of lost youthful pleasure. You grow up, get subjected to the gruel of the working man, and lose you soul.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBB is just really dumb, jk but think about it man. It's not your regular youtube video.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

I'm guessing people will enterpret it different ways, but I saw it as a representation of monotony of life as driven by the constant seeking of lost youthful pleasure. You grow up, get subjected to the gruel of the working man, and lose you soul.
Ok, that's what I sort of thought it was all about. BTW, when I say i'm bad with English, I mean the subject of English. Like in a book, the candy wrapper on the ground represents in larger terms, a society that is crumbling, with every man for themselves. I'm terrible at realizing that type of stuff.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Ok, that's what I sort of thought it was all about. BTW, when I say i'm bad with English, I mean the subject of English. Like in a book, the candy wrapper on the ground represents in larger terms, a society that is crumbling, with every man for themselves. I'm terrible at realizing that type of stuff.
that's because you have nothing but food and boobs on your mind.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
that's because you have nothing but food and boobs on your mind.
You got a point.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

Very good. It also raises several philosophical questions;

"What is happiness and is it to be considered a destination or a journey?"

"Is happiness absolute?"

"Is there a difference between happiness and the representation of happiness?"

Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw it as a representation of people losing their way, as well as mankind's attempts to manufacture and also buy happiness and then bliss.

The main character creates the bliss because he has the desire (in his stomach)to to have that happiness he did as a child, and he shares it with the rest of the world. Sure he makes a bunch of money, but he doesn't have the desire anymore.

I really like this video, so much is "said" in five minutes with basically no words.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew I recognized this from somewhere..

Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes
I suggest this video:

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before starting that video, I definitely thought it was about E.T.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.
I spend about 2-3 Hours every Sunday watching TED talks. Many interesting lectures.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like the video represents the part of your imagination that dies when other people share in your imaginations. When the main character creates the happy goggles, his goal turned from visionary to greed driven.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?
The biggest critique I have is that he does not talk about having to settle for something less. In his examples, all of them were forced to the place to make themselves unhappy, yet in his experiment he let them choose.