Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: Who is the 22nd selection of the 2009 NFL draft?
Eben Britton OT Arizona 15 75.00%
Kenny Britt WR Rutgers 0 0%
Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina 0 0%
Percy Harvin WR Florida 4 20.00%
Vontae Davis CB Illinois 0 0%
Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest 0 0%
Other 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 22nd pick in the 2009 NFL draft...

Now that we are less then a week away who's going to be the pick at #22. This isn't who you personally want or hope they take. Who do you feel the Vikings will end up getting at #22.

There has been a lot of talk about WR I am starting to think thats just a smoke screen to make the other teams think we are leaning towards a WR. Supposedly Childress doesn't value WRs in round 1 very highly versus other positions. I honestly think CB is more likely then WR now Schefter reported when we got Peterson that had he not been there we were looking at Darelle Revis or Leon Hall. Last year there was a lot of talk that the Vikings were interested in DRC and Mike Jenkins so CB is probably the 2nd most likely for me now considering all that plus how CB is more of need these days then the last 2 years. However the Vikings really want to upgrade over cook they wanted to make a run at Gross or Vernon Carey but they got re-signed. Its the most boring option they could take but I think in the end they get there starting RT at #22 in Eben Britton.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel that the vikings will take Eben Britton with the 22nd Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. I feel that we want to solidify the Right side of the line and by drafting Britton we will be able to do. While Cook and Sullivan fight it to be the new Center.

Although I think they are high on taking a WR because of the interview Brad Childress had at the USC pro day with Fran Charles from NFLN and he stated that He wants to improve the passing game. So I would not be shocked if we took Britt or Nicks over Britton but I expext it to be Britton.

I do not expect a CB unless its Malcolm Jenkins.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Britton is my pick as well. It just seems he matches up from a value/need standpoint and I think when it comes down to it the organization is going to value a RT over a WR in the 1st.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Vikes will build in the trenches. Childress comes from teams with strong o-lines historically and after the whole Troy williamson fiasco a few years back, I doubt they go WR.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also went with Britton. For a while, I thought that they'd be going WR, but I've gone back to thinking that we will go with Britton. I wouldn't mind seeing us go with Britt or Nicks. I'd love a first day of Britton and DJ Moore or Britt and Loadholt/Meredith.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly have no idea. My guess is Britton but my gut just says that WR will be the pick....
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eben Britton

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody is messing up our poll with that Harvin pick!

Quick question for you guys, is this who you think we will take? Or who you'd like to see us take? Or a combination?

I want Harvin, but I know it won't happen.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin!!! Let the Brad Childress getting fired clock begin!

I really have no idea what the pick will be but I want Harvin. I think he has a bright future ahead of him and Childress will surely misuse him, leading to him being fired. I just can't help but be an optimist when it comes to Childress losing his job. I want to see it happen so bad and I think not using Harvin properly will help. I also think Harvin has the talent to suceed and become a very good weapon once Childress is gone.

I really like Britton and the pass protection he would bring to the time so I would be very happy with him as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Harvin!!! Let the Brad Childress getting fired clock begin!

I really have no idea what the pick will be but I want Harvin. I think he has a bright future ahead of him and Childress will surely misuse him, leading to him being fired. I just can't help but be an optimist when it comes to Childress losing his job. I want to see it happen so bad and I think not using Harvin properly will help. I also think Harvin has the talent to suceed and become a very good weapon once Childress is gone.

I really like Britton and the pass protection he would bring to the time so I would be very happy with him as well.
I want Childress fired as much as the next guy, but I'm not a big fan of Harvin. I think it will be Britton, but I'd like to see us either trade up and grab Oher or trade down and still grab Britton or grab Britt.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will trade it for Quinn.

/sarcasm.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Quick question for you guys, is this who you think we will take? Or who you'd like to see us take? Or a combination?
I went with who I think we'll take since that seemed to be the answer the OP wanted. I'd prefer a WR in Round 1 and RT in Round 2 but would be content with Britton as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
HuskerMadHatter

I think the most realistic, and probable pick, would have to be Eben Britton. The guy is the poster boy for rock solid RT's at the college level. Only 4 penalties in 3,000+ snaps, and he had some 40+ blocks that led directly to TD's. The only knock on him that I have seen is his wingspan. He may not be the flashy pick that some fans are lobbying for, but he is the most sensible. With more teams switching to the 3-4 (even within our division) it is important to have a solid tackle protecting the edge.

My #22 Pick (Most Likely): Eben Britton RT
My #22 Picks (Hopeful): Jeremy Maclin WR or Malcom Jenkins CB/S
Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that this need (RT) should trump all of our other needs (CB, WR, DT).

Make it happen!!!!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerMadHatter View Post
Only 4 penalties in 3,000+ snaps
Just for that, he's an instant upgrade over Ryan Cook. Please draft him!!
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_norm View Post
Just for that, he's an instant upgrade over Ryan Cook. Please draft him!!
I was thinking the exact same thing. If he is there I really expect the vikings to take them.

All I wonder is IF he will be there..A lot of OT's are projected to go in the 1st round and there is always a possibility for the Lions to take Britton at 20 if they take Stafford 1. Then We might be all questioning who the Vikings take at 22.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. If he is there I really expect the vikings to take them.

All I wonder is IF he will be there..A lot of OT's are projected to go in the 1st round and there is always a possibility for the Lions to take Britton at 20 if they take Stafford 1. Then We might be all questioning who the Vikings take at 22.
I don't think Detroit would take Britton as most project him to strictly being a RT, and they took Cherilius in the 1st last year who also is projected as strictly a RT.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-20-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

Thats a good point. OT's tend to go early and there is always a chance that Britton could be gone at 22. I also think that if he is there then we will take him, I'd prefer a WR however.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I could see Britton being gone by our pick, but in that scenario, I'd hope that we'd trade down and then take the best WR available, probably either Britt or Nicks as long as we don't trade down too far.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I could see Britton being gone by our pick, but in that scenario, I'd hope that we'd trade down and then take the best WR available, probably either Britt or Nicks as long as we don't trade down too far.
Yea I agree with that but the problem with trading is you have to find someone who wants to move up....I'm not sure we will find any takers.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Yea I agree with that but the problem with trading is you have to find someone who wants to move up....I'm not sure we will find any takers.
yea, I know what you mean, but there is always some team that has their guy that they want and are interested in moving up a couple spots to ensure that they get him, could be Vontae or a WR like DHB, or a DE like Brown, Maybin, or Ayers, or a DT like Jerry.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

Quote:
That's the route I would want to go as well. If Britton isn't there and an elite talent doesn't unexpectedly drop, the value would just not seem to match the direction we want to go. If at all possible I'd love to see a trade down into the back end of the 1st, even early 2nd, while adding some later picks. I'm starting to get the feeling Britton will be gone by #22.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I wouldn't mind if Britton was gone at 22 because moving down and grabing either Nicks, Britt, DHB or Harvin would be great. We could use another mid round pick with our 4th going to Houston.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't think Detroit would take Britton as most project him to strictly being a RT, and they took Cherilius in the 1st last year who also is projected as strictly a RT.

I hope to god Detroit takes Britton at 20. Jarred Allen can then continue to kill their QB for years to come.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
I hope to god Detroit takes Britton at 20. Jarred Allen can then continue to kill their QB for years to come.
Take it you're not a Britton fan? I doubt he'll end up in Detroit because they drafted a RT last year....