Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-07-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ernie Acorsi

Was not a bad General Manager.

1999- 7-9
2000- 12-4, superbowl apparance
2001- 7-9
2002- 10-6, playoff
2003- 4-12
2004- 6-10
2005- 11-5, playoffs
2006- 8-8, playoffs

Yet everyone hates the guy for no reason. He had 2 truly bad years, 03 and 04.

So he made a move to bring Giants football back. He brought in Eli Manning. People knock him for this trade, but in all likelyhood we would have brought in Stu Schweigert or Derek Hamilton with our 3rd round pick in 04, and we probably would have brought in Erasmus James in 05...

He consistently made moves that brought us wins. He wasnt great, but he didnt suck like a lot of people here think.

but thats just one mans opinion. I was wondering what everyone else thinks about EA?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we got f'd on that jesse INT it would have been a different ball game. that was a phantom call the hammer didnt hold anyone. im still sour about that. also kerry collins sucks. he set a record for ints in a super bowl.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Give Reese a chance. Get serious dude.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I loved EA.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean the only critiques i have of the guy are this:
1. Ron Dayne- a good general manager knows when a guy is simply college good and will b pro good- choosing dayne was ********
2. William Joseph- Accorsi had his heart set on a DT but the problem was there were like 8 chosen b4 him so he was not 1st round material and it was a major reach, we shoulda gotten another position
3. Eli- I'm as big an eli supporter and fan as it gets but we traded a lot to get him when Big Ben and Philip Rivers were just as good- Eli had never won a bowl game and was propelled to #1 because of the name- i just think we woulda been fine with another QB #4 and wouldnt hav had to trade our 1st round pick away for the next yr

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
3. Eli- I'm as big an eli supporter and fan as it gets but we traded a lot to get him when Big Ben and Philip Rivers were just as good- Eli had never won a bowl game and was propelled to #1 because of the name- i just think we woulda been fine with another QB #4 and wouldnt hav had to trade our 1st round pick away for the next yr
Eli never won a bowl game??? are you kidding me?

He won the Independence bowl his junior year and an extremely memorable win in the Cotton bowl his senior year, in which he won the MVP of the game.

He never even lost a bowl game....

the guy is a baller. He did the same stuff in college regarding the memorable games and comebacks.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Eli never won a bowl game??? are you kidding me?

He won the Independence bowl his junior year and an extremely memorable win in the Cotton bowl his senior year, in which he won the MVP of the game.

He never even lost a bowl game....

the guy is a baller. He did the same stuff in college regarding the memorable games and comebacks.
Those Ole Miss teams were horrible too. I think they had two or three losses his senior year with a win in the Cotton Bowl. With the talent they had on their roster that was unbelievable.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldnt stand EA and his GM abilities.. Thank god he retired.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA was league average, some people like to make you think he was the worst in the business, he wasn't great, he wasn't horrible
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Give Reese a chance. Get serious dude.
This has nothing to do with Reese....

If you really want my opinion on Reese, I think hes a good scout and will probably draft fairly well. Other then that, I dont really know. It seems like he is timid in the F/A market thus far and is trying to immediately get rid of the guys he didnt like. I havent judged Reese whatsoever, and am not gonna. The guys gonna be our GM for at least 4 or 5 years so I will defer judgement for a long while....
Old 03-08-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
This has nothing to do with Reese....

If you really want my opinion on Reese, I think hes a good scout and will probably draft fairly well. Other then that, I dont really know. It seems like he is timid in the F/A market thus far and is trying to immediately get rid of the guys he didnt like. I havent judged Reese whatsoever, and am not gonna. The guys gonna be our GM for at least 4 or 5 years so I will defer judgement for a long while....
Reese is getting rid of all of EA's deadwood. He is trying to build the team with his guys. Every new GM does that.

EA totally sucked as a GM. He was one of the biggest egomaniacs I ever saw as a GM. He had high round bust after high round bust. He overpayed for Eli who has done nothing to show he is above any other QB chosen in the first round in 2004. The only reason EA traded for Manning was his family name and because of the way Elway forced his trade in Baltimore back in 1983.

It was EA who created the bad defense that we have. The Eli trade gave away many choices we could have used to rebuild the defense.

Glad to see Ernie and his ego go.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

culloden1745 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default ea

Ernie gave up a entire draft worth of picks over 3-4 years to trade up to get Eli, Shockey, and Will Allen. Eli is a starter in the nfl and should eventually be better then servicable, Shockey is a p/ber, Allen is a ok starter(for another team), but some of our holes might not be there if he didnt give up the farm.
From 01-06 ernie had 43 drafted players, 20 of them are still on the team.None of them p/bowlers, less then 10 of them are even starting right now.
There are no players left from 99,00,01,........1 player from 02,5 from 03,( 11 picks)....3 from 04(+Eli)..3 from 05.....6 from 07..
Giants average 1-2 p/bowlers a year, have a few good young players like Osi, Kiwi Sneed..... have 2 stud free agents, plax/pierce...several starter f/a types, demps, mckenzie, ohara,robbins. In fact about 1/2 of the original starters from 06 are not drafted by the giants.
Giants tend to make the playoffs after a losing season when the schedule is a bit softer, although this year they had a very tough schedule.

Last edited by culloden1745 : 03-08-2007 at 09:32 AM.
culloden1745 is offline   Reply With Quote