Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: How will the Apocalypse happen?
Comet/Asteroid/meteor 9 10.11%
Robots take over the world 2 2.25%
Global pandemic 11 12.36%
Supervolcanoes 7 7.87%
Nuclear annihilation 10 11.24%
Whatever the Mayans said 10 11.24%
Alien Takeover 3 3.37%
Apocalypse (X-Men villain) 7 7.87%
Man-bear-pig? 22 24.72%
It's never gonna happen stupid 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
666 666 666
Funny enough, the actual "mark of the beast" is 661. People changed it to make it more consistent. And apparently one of the many highway's that was once numbered 666 and was changed to avoid bad luck changed it to 661.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is funny.

I just finished running on my treadmil and I figured I will stop at 600 calories burned, as I stoped it turns out I ran 20:12 and I ran for 3.366 miles. 2012 and 3+3=6 so 666. It was a funny coincidence lol.

But really regarding 2012 I have seen everything from asteroids, to the compass directions switching causing gigantic storms IDK what to believe anymore. Apparently Nostradamus claims end times will happen at 2012 as well but he wrote hundreds maybe thousands of vague predictions
Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Funny enough, the actual "mark of the beast" is 661. People changed it to make it more consistent. And apparently one of the many highway's that was once numbered 666 and was changed to avoid bad luck changed it to 661.
I don't think that's correct. You may be able to read that places on the internet and such, but I've read and had it explained much differently to me by professors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
At the end of a string of repeating 6s there's usually a 7 due to 6 being rounded up?
It's actually pretty difficult to explain and I'm no scholar on the matter, I'll try to explain it from a purely historical standpoint. In early Christian theology there is no concept of true "evil" contrary to what may heard or and taught elsewhere today. There is only a perversion of good, or what is not "right and true". 7 is supposed to represent the logos ( truth, J-man, ect) and anything different from this is considered a perversion. The number 6 is supposed to represent something contrary to 7, a perversion of good. aka, the anti-Christ, which would be the opposite of the logos.

Its some very interesting but complicated stuff to study.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't think that's correct. You may be able to read that places on the internet and such, but I've read and had it explained much differently to me by professors.
You're right, it's actually 616. I misremembered.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"Mexico Shuts Schools Amid Deadly Flu Outbreak"
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/25/wo...mexico.html?em

Pandemic gaining steam!
shiz...I don't want that. I picked manbearpig, I don't wanna die by pandemic.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
shiz...I don't want that. I picked manbearpig, I don't wanna die by pandemic.
Damn those Peruvian Flute Bands...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right, it's actually 616. I misremembered.
Revelation 13:16-18

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default [FONT="Arial Black"]Gray Goo to Cover Earth Surface like Sherwin Wiliams Paint[/FONT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Nanobots dude...nanobots
That's the Gray Goo theory, these teeny-tiny nearly microscopic nanobots develop the ability to replicate themselves & the chain reaction kicks off, so the world's surface is covered with them in like 8 days, looks like a spreading gray goo from the satellites. Hey, the History Channel is never wrong!

Just posting in this apocalyptic dread thread as I look at today's headlines in the San Jose Mercury News : OUTBREAK IN MEXICO --Deadly Flu Triggers Vigilance in Valley, then the disclaimer: SO FAR, NO CASES OF NEW SWINE FLU HAVE BEEN FOUND IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. Pandemic fear sells newspapers!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya on the news they said 8 people in America have it but they all were fine
Old 04-25-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Revelation 13:16-18

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The early Church father Irenaeus knew several occurrences of the 616-variant but regarded them as a scribal error and affirmed that the number 666 stood "in all the most approved and ancient copies" and is attested by "those men who saw John face to face".[12]

In May 2005, it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques[13] had been able to read previously illegible portions of the earliest known record of the Book of Revelation(a 1,700 year old papyrus), from the Oxyrhynchus site, Papyrus 115 or P115, dating one century after Irenaeus. The fragment gives the Number of the Beast as 616 (chi, iota, stigma), rather than the majority text 666 (chi, xi, stigma).[1] The other early witness Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C) has it written in full: hexakosiai deka hex (lit. six hundred sixteen).[14]

Significantly, P115 aligns with Codex Alexandrinus (A) and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C) which are generally regarded as providing the best testimony to Revelation. Thus, P115 has superior testimony to that of P47 which aligns with Codex Sinaiticus and together form the second-best witness to the Book of Revelation. This has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[15][16]

Dr. Paul Lewes in his book, A Key to Christian Origins (1932) wrote:
"The figure 616 is given in one of the two best manuscripts, C (Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, Paris), by the Latin version of Tyconius (DCXVI, ed. Souter in the Journal of Theology, SE, April 1913), and by an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907). Irenaeus knew about it [the 616 reading], but did not adopt it (Haer. v.30,3), Jerome adopted it (De Monogramm., ed. Dom G Morin in the Rev. Benedictine, 1903). It is probably original. The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)".[17]

Professor David C. Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original.[18] Dr. Ellen Aitken said: “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast. It's probably about 100 years before any other version."[19]
I'm just going by the age of the translations. 666 was more elegant and so it's understandable that people would change it.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be a massive solar flare from the sun that will engulf the earth.

Or if you want to read Revelation literally, the Earth will pass through a massive asteroid storm which will kill 1/3 of the population of earth. These asteroids, burning up in the atmosphere will either cause chemicals or pathogens to be released into the atmosphere which will kill another 1/3 of the world's population.

Then in a fight for survival and remaining, uncontaminated resources, the peoples of the earth will draw lines in an epic World War III in which every country (except for Switzerland of course) will be involved.

Sound about right?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I think it will be a massive solar flare from the sun that will engulf the earth.

Or if you want to read Revelation literally, the Earth will pass through a massive asteroid storm which will kill 1/3 of the population of earth. These asteroids, burning up in the atmosphere will either cause chemicals or pathogens to be released into the atmosphere which will kill another 1/3 of the world's population.

Then in a fight for survival and remaining, uncontaminated resources, the peoples of the earth will draw lines in an epic World War III in which every country (except for Switzerland of course) will be involved.

Sound about right?
Sounds like fun.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just going by the age of the translations. 666 was more elegant and so it's understandable that people would change it.
That's great, except for that whole "the Bible being the infallible word of God" and all.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

just cause it's infallible doesn't mean there aren't some mistakes...
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
just cause it's infallible doesn't mean there aren't some mistakes...
infallible
Adjective
1. incapable of error

Old 04-25-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
infallible
Adjective
1. incapable of error
you and your damn book learnings...
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
That's great, except for that whole "the Bible being the infallible word of God" and all.
I can't tell if you're kidding.