Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-23-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Minnesota is a state full of idiots.

represented by only one senator for over 3 months with no end in sight...meh. not a big deal.
So, you are saying that following the law in regards to election disputes is idiotic, huh?

The fact that the election was so close is evidence that a lot of people in this state are dumb, though... i guess that i lose this arguement :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minnesota is a state full of idiots.
Pretty much.

In Minnesnowta I think you have a few distinct categories of people.

Firstly, the snow mobile jacket-wearing small town cats. These are the guys who love to fish, hunt, and snowmobile. These guys LOVE the Twins and the Wild. They enjoy the Vikings but they also have a chip on their shoulder over insecurities about the Vikings shortcomings. These guys are usually pretty fun, ya betcha.

Next, are the bros. These guys also usually reside from smaller cities located near the cities. They wear hollister, tan during the winter, and lift weights.

Next, the wiggers. Like the bros, these guys come from small towns located near the cities. Because these guys come from a suburb located close to the twin cities they automatically qualify as " hard" ( we all know how hood minnyap is). To exemplify their hardness, they listen to rap such as Atmosphere, wear flat bills and wear icy white soldiers paid for by their parents credit cards. Probably the most unbearable.

Outdoorsy types. They wear outdoor gear( Duluth pack company), listen to bluegrass, and drink heavy beer. I enjoy the company of most of these guys.

Last but not least are the Yuppies. Located primarily uptown. They love to show you how much smarter and enlightened they are than you because they read a book while blazin some bowls.
Like most places there are a few normal scattered about.
That's basically how I see Minnesota. Aside from Northern Minnesota all the trees and the Twins, not much to like.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-23-2009 at 11:21 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
So, you are saying that following the law in regards to election disputes is idiotic, huh?

The fact that the election was so close is evidence that a lot of people in this state are dumb, though... i guess that i lose this arguement :(
hmmmm...not QUITE the argument i was making. i was only making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how minnesotans seem to care more about fast food than they do about the fact that they still only have have one senator.

i never implied that a close election=dumb citizens.

i'm really starting to question the literacy stat from the previous page. :)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guess they weren't literate enough to read the sign on the door saying the fried chicken deal did not apply. :)

this calls for

Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
And Minneapolis has the highest literacy rate for any metropolitan area in the nation. So, if Minneapolis is full of idiots, what does that say for everywhere else?
Just because someone can read doesn't mean they aren't an idiot.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

jay cutler's #1 fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm surprised I didn't hear any whistle tips go through that drive thru...
jay cutler's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Pretty much.

In Minnesnowta I think you have a few distinct categories of people.

Firstly, the snow mobile jacket-wearing small town cats. These are the guys who love to fish, hunt, and snowmobile. These guys LOVE the Twins and the Wild. They enjoy the Vikings but they also have a chip on their shoulder over insecurities about the Vikings shortcomings. These guys are usually pretty fun, ya betcha.

Next, are the bros. These guys also usually reside from smaller cities located near the cities. They wear hollister, tan during the winter, and lift weights.

Next, the wiggers. Like the bros, these guys come from small towns located near the cities. Because these guys come from a suburb located close to the twin cities they automatically qualify as " hard" ( we all know how hood minnyap is). To exemplify their hardness, they listen to rap such as Atmosphere, wear flat bills and wear icy white soldiers paid for by their parents credit cards. Probably the most unbearable.

Outdoorsy types. They wear outdoor gear( Duluth pack company), listen to bluegrass, and drink heavy beer. I enjoy the company of most of these guys.

Last but not least are the Yuppies. Located primarily uptown. They love to show you how much smarter and enlightened they are than you because they read a book while blazin some bowls.
Like most places there are a few normal scattered about.
That's basically how I see Minnesota. Aside from Northern Minnesota all the trees and the Twins, not much to like.
Aren't you from Wisconsin?

Standard small town Wisconsin gear: Packers starter jacket that they've had since 8th grade, with a Brett Favre jersey below. Life revolves around deer hunting opener and Packer's training camp where they can take their kids to let the players ride their bikes in a sort of sick way to get closer to the Packers themselves.

Milwaukee: Legions of people that think they're from a "big city." Because there is a lake within distance, the residents seem to think its a great place to live, beautiful and clean. Everyone from outside of this "metropolis" knows, however, that its a cesspool and easily within the Top 5 places they'd never want to visit, live, or somehow be stranded in. As a business center though its got...a beer company or something.

Madison: You mentioned Uptown as an area where people go to be seen reading books and smoking bowls? Please, Madison has got Uptown blown away in that department. When you can traverse through the masses of students clad in birkenstocks and find yourself in the rest of the city that is outside of the campus you are again surrounded by the same redneck Brett Favre jersey toating crowd that you'd likely find in Minong.

LaCrosse/Eau Claire and the rest of the major "cities" in Wisconsin: Mainly inhabited by the same rednecks as twice mentioned above. With the exception of student populations that think because they have University of Wisconsin in their school's name, they're basically as intelligent as the hippies in Madison. However, once you meet such people, you begin to realize that they're actually just the small town locals' kids that weren't edjumacated enough by their local high schools to get into a real institution.

PS: If you actually knew the true origin of the word Yuppy you would know that they'd never be caught dead smoking a bowl. That's for the common folk, they'll stick with the nose candy.

Last edited by andyjo672 : 04-23-2009 at 12:10 PM.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hmmmm...not QUITE the argument i was making. i was only making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how minnesotans seem to care more about fast food than they do about the fact that they still only have have one senator.

i never implied that a close election=dumb citizens.

i'm really starting to question the literacy stat from the previous page. :)
No, that was me making that arguement about the close election.

I agree that the people in the article/video who are more concerned about the cheap chicken than the senatorial race are idiots. I would also bet that those same people have never voted in any election.

Let's not make generalizations about all the people from the great state of Minnesota or the mediocre state of Wisconsin ;). Those losers mentioned in TT88's post exist all over the country... and yes, there are many, many losers in this country... unfortunately :(

Last edited by The_Dude : 04-23-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
jay cutler's #1 fan
Rookie

jay cutler's #1 fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At least these people are standing up for something. How many of you actually get out from behind your computer screen and allow your voice to be heard? Not many I would bet.

Whether it's fried chicken or an election, I will always support people who have the cajones and motivation to voice their opinion. It may seem like a small or insignificant thing but once you start letting companies get away with stuff like this you're opening pandora's box. It's a big reason there is little corporate responsibility in today's world. People aren't willing to stand up because it isn't convenient. That said, it looks like a lot of these people ended up buying chicken anyway which plays right into their hands.
jay cutler's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear gawd . . . I'm not even sure what to say . . .

I'm pretty sure this one will have me chuckling a few more times today.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Dear gawd . . . I'm not even sure what to say . . .
I do...but I'd get in trouble.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Let's not bag on minnesota too much, they have had the single greatest governor of the past 20 years.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Let's not bag on minnesota too much, they have had the single greatest governor of the past 20 years.
I love everything about Jesse The Body. He was a brilliant governor.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would become a US citizen just to vote Jesse for President.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guess they weren't literate enough to read the sign on the door saying the fried chicken deal did not apply. :)
I know from experience.. people don't read signs! I came up with the idea to make one sign, and then a couple more signs that had an arrow pointing to the main sign.

Doubt it'd work though..
Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Aren't you from Wisconsin?

Standard small town Wisconsin gear: Packers starter jacket that they've had since 8th grade, with a Brett Favre jersey below. Life revolves around deer hunting opener and Packer's training camp where they can take their kids to let the players ride their bikes in a sort of sick way to get closer to the Packers themselves.

Milwaukee: Legions of people that think they're from a "big city." Because there is a lake within distance, the residents seem to think its a great place to live, beautiful and clean. Everyone from outside of this "metropolis" knows, however, that its a cesspool and easily within the Top 5 places they'd never want to visit, live, or somehow be stranded in. As a business center though its got...a beer company or something.

Madison: You mentioned Uptown as an area where people go to be seen reading books and smoking bowls? Please, Madison has got Uptown blown away in that department. When you can traverse through the masses of students clad in birkenstocks and find yourself in the rest of the city that is outside of the campus you are again surrounded by the same redneck Brett Favre jersey toating crowd that you'd likely find in Minong.

LaCrosse/Eau Claire and the rest of the major "cities" in Wisconsin: Mainly inhabited by the same rednecks as twice mentioned above. With the exception of student populations that think because they have University of Wisconsin in their school's name, they're basically as intelligent as the hippies in Madison. However, once you meet such people, you begin to realize that they're actually just the small town locals' kids that weren't edjumacated enough by their local high schools to get into a real institution.

PS: If you actually knew the true origin of the word Yuppy you would know that they'd never be caught dead smoking a bowl. That's for the common folk, they'll stick with the nose candy.
No I'm not from Wisconsin. I'm from SD ( we're a breed of our own as well) I wasn't really intending to insult Minnesotans, just make observations. After all, I do currently reside here.

Also, I know yuppies ( young urban professionals) hit the slopes, I think everyone knows that. I just didn't know what the heck else to call them.

Also, Gonzo, Ventura is a damn crazy MF . There's a reason he went off the grid and moved to Mexico.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota sux, 'nuff said.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Also, Gonzo, Ventura is a damn crazy MF . There's a reason he went off the grid and moved to Mexico.
Yeah, cause he's too awesome not to be someplace he can surf all day.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Ugh, don't make me cry. :(
Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cutler's #1 fan View Post
At least these people are standing up for something. How many of you actually get out from behind your computer screen and allow your voice to be heard? Not many I would bet.

Whether it's fried chicken or an election, I will always support people who have the cajones and motivation to voice their opinion. It may seem like a small or insignificant thing but once you start letting companies get away with stuff like this you're opening pandora's box. It's a big reason there is little corporate responsibility in today's world. People aren't willing to stand up because it isn't convenient. That said, it looks like a lot of these people ended up buying chicken anyway which plays right into their hands.
Wow. This is just full of win.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:24 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm not from Wisconsin. I'm from SD ( we're a breed of our own as well) I wasn't really intending to insult Minnesotans, just make observations. After all, I do currently reside here.

Also, I know yuppies ( young urban professionals) hit the slopes, I think everyone knows that. I just didn't know what the heck else to call them.

Fair enough. And you're right, upon further inspection, every area of this country has its fill of d-bags and idiots.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote