Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Draft Pick Reaction Thread

Post your opinions on the results of the 2009 NFL draft, particularly our Eagles picks, trades, etc. The good and the bad, just don't get too crazy if you don't like a pick;).

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woohoo!!!! Derrick Williams come on down:D:D:D
Old 04-24-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Pulls pistol out of pocket, brings up to temple, and pulls the trigger...

Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Pulls pistol out of pocket, brings up to temple, and pulls the trigger...
If they draft Derrick Williams I might have to join you.

But in all seriousness, I want to reserve judgement on the pick unless it is completely terrible or awesome.

If they pick Knowshon, I'll be ecstatic, but other than that I wont get too excited or too dissapointed with the pick because I know that Andy Reid always does something that you dont expect. I'm not going to worry about something I can't control.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
If they draft Derrick Williams I might have to join you.

But in all seriousness, I want to reserve judgement on the pick unless it is completely terrible or awesome.

If they pick Knowshon, I'll be ecstatic, but other than that I wont get too excited or too dissapointed with the pick because I know that Andy Reid always does something that you dont expect. I'm not going to worry about something I can't control.
I feel the same, I will be the happiest person in PA if we get Moreno (none of y'all will top me, I promise that), but there are some other potential guys who I would like, and dislike. There are very few that I'd truly hate, and for the most part, I know the team knows what they're doing, so I too will not be over-dramatic if they do something I don't like.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I am more happy than this guy...

Old 04-25-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you told me we were going to draft Maclin before the draft I wouldn't have liked it, but now that it happened I really like the pick. It is a great value pick imo. We get the 2nd best WR in this draft who is arguably a top 10 talent at 19 and it fills a need. The pick keeps McNabb happy by giving him more weapons and adds another dimension to our offense. Yes Maclin is somewhat similar to Jackson, but now we have two speedy receivers with good hands and who have the ability to get down field and when you throw in Kevin Curtis it is a great young corps.

I love the McCoy pick too. It fills a big need by giving us a good backup to Westbrook. I loved McCoy every time I got a chance to Pitt play. Two solid picks.

A few guys I want us to target in round 3 are Cook, Nelson and Michael Johnson.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you told me we were going to draft Maclin before the draft I wouldn't have liked it, but now that it happened I really like the pick. It is a great value pick imo. We get the 2nd best WR in this draft who is arguably a top 10 talent at 19 and it fills a need. The pick keeps McNabb happy by giving him more weapons and adds another dimension to our offense. Yes Maclin is somewhat similar to Jackson, but now we have two speedy receivers with good hands and who have the ability to get down field and when you throw in Kevin Curtis it is a great young corps.

I love the McCoy pick too. It fills a big need by giving us a good backup to Westbrook. I loved McCoy every time I got a chance to Pitt play. Two solid picks.

A few guys I want us to target in round 3 are Cook, Nelson and Michael Johnson.
Make it Chase Coffman...NOW!!!!! lol

Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TheGM
Rookie

TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.TheGM is a cocksman.

Great draft it puts this team in a position to win for years to come. I know some have criticized the selection of Macklin when they could have traded for Bolidin but Macklin has a much better risk/reward ratio.
TheGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His name is not Macklin it is Maclin!!
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGM View Post
Great draft it puts this team in a position to win for years to come. I know some have criticized the selection of Macklin when they could have traded for Bolidin but Macklin has a much better risk/reward ratio.
Really, the only position with major question marks for the future is QB. Obviously that important, but I see the team being at least very competitive for at least 3 to 5 years yet, if not more.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back on topic, this draft rocked my socks. The only major thing I would have done is snagged Chase Coffman instead of Cornelius Ingram at TE, but Ingram, for me, is basically what L.J Smith was supposed to be. A good pass-catching TE.

Macho Harris in the fifth is highway robbery.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I think Tupuo's pick is underrated, especially if the team is planning on cutting Justice. I think Tupuo was one of the top RT only prospects, and I really like what he brings to the table.

The Gibson pick was very good too, there were a lot of people upset when we got him. I think he has a realistic shot at making the team, even though our WR positions are loaded.

I too would've preferred Coffman, but once again we got much better value out of the draft and picking Ingram, who will really stretch the field. If he is healthy, we have two threats at TE.

I love the Harris pick, wherever he ends up. I'm kind of hoping they keep him at CB, because I think he can be a similar player to Sheldon, though he takes a few more chances than him. He has better ball skills to make up for it though.

This draft was easily my favorite in a while.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Dr. Greenthumb
Rookie

Dr. Greenthumb needs more cowbell.

I love it! So far in his tenure this has been my favorite Reid draft.
Dr. Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This is my favorite since i've started really following the draft. The only time I felt this excited was in the Bunkley, Justice first day. Hopefully this one has better results. I think it will.