Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
I thought somebody snuck Acid into my drink when I say that Green Bay traded up. We are not rebuilding anymore, and we need more quality.
I don't think we were ever rebuilding since Favre left. We're retooling as I like to put it. ;)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My intial reactions:

Absolutely love Raji, that was the pick I was hoping for.

Matthews is a quality pick up as well, if someone had given me those two this morning I would have taking it without hesitation. Probably gave up a little too much in the trade, especially considering the fall of Everette Brown but I'm not complaining. Great work by TT so far.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've rebuilt the whole roster, I say its rebuilding. Ted couldnt of done a better job.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lidge loaded the bases to save the game.
Chan Ho Park hit a home run. And I missed it.
Charlie Manuel was ejected.

Victory!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

We gave up a lot I guess, but in the reality of it...if you think about it, in other years we needed to stockpile and pick a lot of players to fill out the depth. At this point, we have for the most part filled our depth...we need a few starter quality guys so I cannot argue taking these two players who can step in immediately. While we didn't have a good record last season, I feel like we DO have the pieces to fully compete and challenge for the NFC.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that we could have had Everette Brown without trading up gets to me. Otherwise the trade is alright. I'm a big fan of Brown though. I think he's going to rack up high sack totals every year in the NFL.

Raji and Matthews fill our needs in the 3-4. We now have a solid 3-4 front seven.

Matthews.....Hawk......Barnett......Kampman
...........Harrell.......Raji..........Jenkins.... .....

Only pressing need we have left is offensive tackle. That's part of the reason why I don't have much of a problem with giving up both 3rds. NT, OLB, and T were the 3 positions we really needed to add a quality player at and we got 2 out of 3 already. We just have to add a tackle and we can go anywhere.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The fact that we could have had Everette Brown without trading up gets to me. Otherwise the trade is alright. I'm a big fan of Brown though. I think he's going to rack up high sack totals every year in the NFL.

Raji and Matthews fill our needs in the 3-4. We now have a solid 3-4 front seven.

Only pressing need we have left is offensive tackle. That's part of the reason why I don't have much of a problem with giving up both 3rds. NT, OLB, and T were the 3 positions we really needed to add a quality player at and we got 2 out of 3 already. We just have to add a tackle and we can go anywhere.
Clay Matthews and Green Bay go together very well.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
He gave up two 3rd round picks to move up 15 spots into the first round. That's not that bad. And honestly, if Thompson moved up that like that to grab a guy, you can bet he liked him...a lot.
Two 3rds and a 2nd*... A lot, but if Kiper thinks Green Bay is a "Day 1 Winner" as he said then I'll live with it. Very excited.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

I bet Kevin Greene had alot to do with this.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

The fact that Everette Brown remained available in the draft has no effect on us, in the aspect that we were going to have no idea he would have been available. Say we waited around to take Everette in the 2nd round and he was picked...then we would have missed out, and been forced to take a player that we maybe didn't want. They saw a guy they liked, and they were proactive about it. No complaints here.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does the review thread open?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well fellas, I absolutely loved our draft today. We did give up a good amount in the trade up but I'm happy that TT is going for quality over quantity at this point, which is exactly what we need. Raji and Mathews will help us out greatly in our transition to the 3-4. Raji is a no brainer, and I love Mathews versatility and how he'll fit in our new scheme. If we can come away with some added depth/developmental prospects at OT/DE/CB with our remaining picks I'll be extremely happy. I think our defense took a big step forward today, and I'm much more excited about our transition to the 3-4 than I was 24 hours ago. Go Pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Wallzy
Rookie

Wallzy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hindsight is 20-20 and we couldn't have known what other 3-4 OLBs would have fallen to us - who knows, maybe the Packer mgmt had no interest in ev brown, barwin, etc. I'm also happy with our day, altho some of those guys still sitting there going into the third are players I really like (Gilbert, Sidbury, etc.). Who knows, maybe TT jumps back into the third somehow tomorrow. Look forward to day 2.
Wallzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Harrell who? Do we have a Harrell that actually plays on the roster? I know we might have a Johnny Jolly, if Jolly gets a good lawyer.

Kampman-Hawk-Barnett-Matthews (H3ll Yeah!!!) in the back, Jenkins-Raji-Jolly up front. LOVE this! Toss in a goal line defense with Pickett, Raji, Jolly on the inside and then Jenkins and Kampman hands down on outside... I'm looking ofrward to Pickett and Raji on the line together, beating the crud out of opposing interior lines. You know Barnett wet hisself when Raji was picked.

On what the draft cost, Green Bay gained a first rounder and picked up a fifth, giving Pats the R2 and two R3s. That's approximate to trading our R2 and an R3 for an R1, then trading our R3 for the R5. TT loses only one pick total to move back into the first round and grab a guy with amazing NFL bloodlines, solid production on his own, a guy who can play all four LB spots and the best special teamer in the entire draft to boot. So far, for me, Matthews>Darius Butler. It might change after all players are selected with those picks, but I see Matthews and Raji as starters, and the guys in R2 and R3 are often not. What GB needed was starters for this upcoming year given the transition to the 3-4 and coming off the 6-10.

I think if we'd have had Matthews and Raji last year, we just might not have gievn up all those close games. We've had a better draft than the Lions and the Vikings, at least as far as next year is concerned, and if the defense goes from #26 to #13, GB has a great chance of winning the division.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Keep in mind that there is always one or two prospects highly regarded by most draftniks that plummets, probably because of some big red flag that popped up at the combine/interviews/pro day/workouts that stayed hush hush.

Also, Brown was a one-year wonder out of a school historically known for DEs flopping HUGE in the NFL. I'm very glad we got what we did.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping TJ Lang makes it to us in the 4th now but I think Xavier Fulton may be a more likely though. Can't see TT trading up again.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If TJ Lang falls, I would be a bit giddy. As frustrating as it was to give up 3 picks, Green Bay isn't adding depth with 10 picks this year...They wanted IMPACT and looks like they got it!

Kiper picked Green Bay as a winner, John Clayton too. This is what Clayton says about Green Bay:

"2. Packers general manager Ted Thompson loves to trade back, but on Saturday, he traded up from the second round into the first to take linebacker Clay Matthews. Packers fans should rejoice. The additions of B.J. Raji and Matthews will make the transition to a 3-4 defense smoother."

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wish list for 109..off the top of my head...

TJ Lang
Jamom Meredith
Xavier Fulton
Andre Brown
Kory Sheets
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

So 28 picks down today and Kropog, Meredith, Lang and even Duke Robinson are still on the board. Things are looking good.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Old 04-26-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
wish list for 109..off the top of my head...

TJ Lang
Jamom Meredith
Xavier Fulton
Andre Brown
Kory Sheets
im hoping for a de/olb prospect like sidbury if hes available to groom incase kampman doesnt work out this year and we end up trading him or something. also would like to see another 3-4 de taken.. ricky jean francois maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
im hoping for a de/olb prospect like sidbury if hes available to groom incase kampman doesnt work out this year and we end up trading him or something. also would like to see another 3-4 de taken.. ricky jean francois maybe?
oh yeah. i forgot about sidbury. that'd be pretty rockin'

but, really...so far none of the people that i would've wanted at 73 have been taken...and we're in the mid 90s. if we get a good second/third round caliber player at 109, this is a GREAT trade.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping to see Meredith there at 109. That would be an amazing pick.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

The Packers have won the draft.

TJ Lang. perfect.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

T.J. Lang! No problem with that.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
The Packers have won the draft.

TJ Lang. perfect.
TT is making alot happier than I've felt about his work in some time.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote