Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need new Schoolboy Q content him being on LiveLongA$ap tape was nice

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I need new Schoolboy Q content him being on LiveLongA$ap tape was nice
yeaaaaaaaaaaah his feature on that surprised the **** outta me, him and spaceghostpurrp killed their features on that tape man. Setbacks was one of my favorite projects this year but I don't know anything about hip hop apparently.

Last edited by ccB : 11-07-2011 at 01:32 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Because I don't base everything on lyrics like you cornballs, only projects I got over live.love.asap is XXX by Danny Brown and MAYBE return of 4 eva, section.80 was good but too preachy. Elmatic was dope but the whole "let's cover illmatic" idea has been played out already.

Maybe you just like that same cookie cutter style that's been repeated over and over again. I played out backpack rap when I was 16 but you can continue to do it if you'd like. It's not 2004 anymore, Phonte and Pooh haven't been good since minstrel show, saigon? da **** has he done besides sit on an album for 8 years and guest star on Entourage? Tech 9 is ok, at least he's somewhat orginal, Monch was good with Organized Konfusion but this isn't 1998.

Maybe you just like dope artists? or maybe you just like cornballs who pretend to be super socially conscious on every song where they deliver the same ******* flow and cadence on underwhelming beats and then label it new material.

Gimme 2Chainz on a Luger beat over some underground cornball trying to tell me how to treat my woman or why it's so hard being black in america? Stop boxing yourself in *******, there's more to hip hop than that, everything doesn't have to be some psuedo-deep ********..

I'm a human btw and not a cat, and dontchu dare ever try telling me what to like ever again.
Well that was a fun read. Thank you sir. And I'm not telling you who to like. You can love ASAP that's cool. Doesn't bother me. Sorry I'm not into the whole woo woo swag generation like some are in this day in age. I'm a big Jeezy, Spitta, DZA, Chip, etc fan too so i'm not boxed into any sort of corner as you put it. But I forgot everyone I named are a bunch of cornballs. Cool dude.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PS: I'm going to make so much sex to the new Drake album
...after a rant about cookie cutter rappers that deliver the same flow/tell you how to treat your woman, you make a post about drake? the ****?

oh and 2chainz ******* blows. i hadn't even heard of him until today, but i listened to a couple of songs by him and he's talking about the same dumb **** like smoking weed, doing drugs, selling drugs, and ******* women. talk about being in a ******* box

Last edited by sbh15 : 11-07-2011 at 02:55 PM.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
...after a rant about cookie cutter rappers that deliver the same flow/tell you how to treat your woman, you make a post about drake? the ****?

oh and 2chainz ******* blows. i hadn't even heard of him until today, but i listened to a couple of songs by him and he's talking about the same dumb **** like smoking weed, doing drugs, selling drugs, and ******* women. talk about being in a ******* box
He lost me on Phonte and Pooh not being good since.....I guess The Foreign Exchange's "Connected" album was bad & Drake hasn't made anything good since his first 2 tapes. Lex Luger beats are played out to death btw. That's the beauty of hip-hop. Opinions differ & trends change. I too also enjoyed Setbacks. I'm in a box but listened to I'm *** when it dropped and found it to be just fine & I hate Wayne, Big Sean, Nicki, Meek Mill, Kreyshawn and others....but I'm in a box lol.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-07-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

Drake makes bedroom music that puts ladies in the mood? *shrugs* guess I shouldn't like that....

Let me try explaining it for you...

If I only listened to 2Chainz, or trap music, I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to Drake, or pop music (for all intents and purposes Drake is pop) I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to ASAP Rocky and trill ****, I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to backpack rap, I'd be a closed in nerd like you.

being able to step out of those boxes and appreciate **** for what it is and not holding it to some made up standards is what I'm talking about.

Just because something is super lyrical doesn't mean the super lyrical **** is anybetter, just a different sound...

Last edited by ccB : 11-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
He lost me on Phonte and Pooh not being good since.....I guess The Foreign Exchange's "Connected" album was bad & Drake hasn't made anything good since his first 2 tapes. Lex Luger beats are played out to death btw. That's the beauty of hip-hop. Opinions differ & trends change. I too also enjoyed Setbacks. I'm in a box but listened to I'm *** when it dropped and found it to be just fine & I hate Wayne, Big Sean, Nicki, Meek Mill, Kreyshawn and others....but I'm in a box lol.
go back to your initial post, you listed 90% back pack rappers and then shitted on an immaculate mixtape because Rocky isn't a super lyrical rapper as if that's the only thing that makes a good hip hop artist a good hip hop artist.. That's living in a box.

and Phonte is good, he just hasn't evolved as a rapper, sorry if that hurts to hear. and this is coming from someone who listened to the listening every day on the way to 12th grade. I saw Little Brother with Dilated Peoples back in the day, I used to be a big Justus league stan, so it's not like I've never listened to their ****. It's underground stans like you that had a heart attack wtih Phonte and 9th made a track with Lil B.

Last edited by ccB : 11-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
go back to your initial post, you listed 90% back pack rappers and then shitted on an immaculate mixtape because Rocky isn't a super lyrical rapper as if that's the only thing that makes a good hip hop artist a good hip hop artist.. That's living in a box.

and Phonte is good, he just hasn't evolved as a rapper, sorry if that hurts to hear. and this is coming from someone who listened to the listening every day on the way to 12th grade. I saw Little Brother with Dilated Peoples back in the day, I used to be a big Justus league stan, so it's not like I've never listened to their ****. It's underground stans like you that had a heart attack wtih Phonte and 9th made a track with Lil B.
Lol I'm no underground stan just realized years ago that the mainstream was going down the drain and I didn't want my ears to bleed from the whackness. I loved Base For Your Face. So nice try though. Plus why would I wanna play Drake when Musiq, D'angelo, Raheem, Boyz 2 Men etc get the job done? Anyways I shouldn't have knocked ASAP without trying it so I'll appologize but not all things have to be super lyrical for me to like them aka Spitta. I listen to everything from hip-hop to pop to soul to j-rock to dub etc so I'm quite outside the box lol

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-07-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Lol I'm no underground stan just realized years go that the mainstream was going down the drain and I didn't want my ears to bleed from the whackness. I loved Base For Your Face. So nice try though.
and aside from Drake what do you see me listing that's so "mainstream"?

"nice try tho" stop with the cute ****, you were the one who tried coming in here clowing people because A$AP Rocky isn't on some super lyrical ****....
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
and aside from Drake what do you see me listing that's so "mainstream"?

"nice try tho" stop with the cute ****, you were the one who tried coming in here clowing people because A$AP Rocky isn't on some super lyrical ****....
Drake was the only mainstream person you listed agreed....I was just saying I'm no underground stan because I came from more mainstream stuff decades ago. Just kind of blended into both & my "clowning" as you put it was just in reaction on you making such a tasteless statement demoting all artist & albums/mixtapes compared to ASAP. I'm glad you have someone that you enjoy like that though.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-07-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Drake was the only mainstream person you listed agreed....I was just saying I'm no underground stan because I came from more mainstream stuff decades ago. Just kind of blended into both & my "clowning" as you put it was just in reaction on you making such tasteless statement demoting all artist & albums/mixtapes compared to ASAP. I'm glad you have someone that you enjoy like that though.
"tasteless statement" because you set the standards as to what's good and bad?

I guarantee I'm not the only one who feels like it's Mixtape of the year so far...
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
"tasteless statement" because you set the standards as to what's good and bad?

I guarantee I'm not the only one who feels like it's Mixtape of the year so far...
No I obviously don't but if you wanna knock 99% of all other rappers & projects then why do they even rap then to begin with if it can't measure with Rocky? And I've seen maybe 2 or 3 co sign tops in the past few pages. Again I appologized in post ago and whatnot but I dunno if you saw it or not. So you can enjoy your tape of the year and I'll enjoy mine and everyone can live happy. I think Watching The Throne could surpass your boys tape but wtf do I know either.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem with hip-hop and us as fans, is that we're constantly trying to compare artists of the different sub-genres together. You don't really see that (too much) with other types of music and their fans.

Also, I agree with CCB (to an extent) that lyricism shouldn't be the only thing that determines how great an MC is...but I do think it should be no.1 on the list.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drake makes bedroom music that puts ladies in the mood? *shrugs* guess I shouldn't like that....

Let me try explaining it for you...

If I only listened to 2Chainz, or trap music, I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to Drake, or pop music (for all intents and purposes Drake is pop) I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to ASAP Rocky and trill ****, I'd be a closed in nerd like you guys.

If I only listened to backpack rap, I'd be a closed in nerd like you.

being able to step out of those boxes and appreciate **** for what it is and not holding it to some made up standards is what I'm talking about.

Just because something is super lyrical doesn't mean the super lyrical **** is anybetter, just a different sound...
you're a ******* clown

i never once said i thought asap was bad or anything. i actually agree that liveloveasap is a dope ass mixtape. i only disagreed with the dude that said he was the best rapper in 5 years. then you came in with your fuckass rant so i responded. i'm not really on either side of this argument, but you seem to only appreciate **** that is off the radar. just about everything you've said in the past page and a half could be repeated to you if you changed the name of the rappers.

btw, my itunes has anything from big krit to asap to the cool kids to clipse to whatever the **** you want to bring up. there isn't a lot of rap that i don't like besides gayboys like mac miller and buttfuck rappers like lil b
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is failing to deliver. Be happy guise :)

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god what I done

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus

the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
My god what I done
Lol I had time to kill in between classes.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
My god what I done
I personally want it to continue.

Trend City Nerd Gang vs JRTPlays "cookie cutter hip-hop" round 2.

Got Beef, son?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Man he didn't even reply to half of the artist I even mentioned. Just took a few that stood out and basically said all the rest are more of the same ole same ole. It was all in good humor though. I didn't know people could get so riled up over opinions.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-07-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man he didn't even reply to half of the artist I even mentioned. Just took a few that stood out and basically said all the rest are more of the same ole same ole. It was all in good humor though. I didn't know people could get so riled up over opinions.
Are you new to the internetz?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Are you new to the internetz?
In my country we don't have it.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:

But seriously though, give this a listen.

"I'm more than modest, cause my arrogance is seen
not heard
Peep the words I selected
Your actions give you weight
Trash talk is anorexic
Skin & Bones
come see this butcher for the beef
CAUSE OUR HOUSE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET"
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus

Banks goes in. Good to see him finally starting to reach his potential.
the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote