Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-10-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
AZ is so underrated , he is on the all time underrated list with Masta Ace
Yeah for sure....Ace is my boy. Maybe my personal favorite guy to listen to.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ, Ace, Kool G Rap, and Big Pun are all on my all time underrated list. I think AZ had the best verse on Illmatic and that's saying a lot.

Last edited by ccB : 02-10-2010 at 11:24 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Pun gets a lot of respect from hip hop heads.....a lot of people I know put him top 10 all time. Maybe its because I'm in NY tho.

I think Kurupt, Redman, and Inspectah Deck don't get enough love.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ras Kass is my fav west coast mc. Dude is sickk
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I feel like Pun gets a lot of respect from hip hop heads.....a lot of people I know put him top 10 all time. Maybe its because I'm in NY tho.

I think Kurupt, Redman, and Inspectah Deck don't get enough love.
When I say Puns underrated I mean compared to some other people who people call the best ever (tupac!) I think Pun was a way better rapper than Pac but he never gets mentioned in the same breath as him and/or Biggie.

Redman is easily one of my top 10-15, some of the best weedhead music you can listen to. Inspectah Deck (and most of Wu for that matter) is underrated because there are so many members that he can get lost in the shuffle.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Ras Kass is my fav west coast mc. Dude is sickk
Another very underrated MC, I am surprised he never really caught on.

You want underrated, how about two of the most underrated duos of all time, Organized Konfusion and Heltah Skeltah. ****, the who BCC is underrated, Sean ppppp, rock, smiff n wessun, buckshot, black moon, OGC, all kinds of goodness.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the bcc is my fav crew of mcs ever
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite beats ever.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Todd Gurley to Oakland 2k15
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atmosphere is sick

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

figured this thread could use some more "hip hop."

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ has the best flow of all time. He's been largely in Nas' shadow though.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:31 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is 3 more Mixtapes that are worth a download. Just go to the same website that I got the Joell Ortiz Mixtape.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are some good Drake songs? I like Still Fly, Ransom, Stunnin, City is Mine and some more but I still havent listened to all his ****. Help me out

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Todd Gurley to Oakland 2k15
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What are some good Drake songs? I like Still Fly, Ransom, Stunnin, City is Mine and some more but I still havent listened to all his ****. Help me out
Those are good, I also like
Replacement Girl (I'm not a big R&B fan but his verses are good)
Do what you do
Goin' In (Jeezy's verse sucks but its one of the few songs I think wayne was even decent with Drake)
Successful (one of his really popular songs)
The Winner
Ingant ****

But personally for a solo song I have to say either Juice or Fear is my favorite.

I'm sure he has been mentioned many times before here but I'm loving J. Cole so much right now. His mixtapes are so easy to listen to, a lot of mixtapes have crappy songs you always skip but I can easily listen to them all.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Those are good, I also like
Replacement Girl (I'm not a big R&B fan but his verses are good)
Do what you do
Goin' In (Jeezy's verse sucks but its one of the few songs I think wayne was even decent with Drake)
Successful (one of his really popular songs)
The Winner
Ingant ****

But personally for a solo song I have to say either Juice or Fear is my favorite.

I'm sure he has been mentioned many times before here but I'm loving J. Cole so much right now. His mixtapes are so easy to listen to, a lot of mixtapes have crappy songs you always skip but I can easily listen to them all.
"Lights Please" as a single should be making news. Great topic.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
"Must Hate Money"

addresses the haters!

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Presentation is my favorite song. Closer To My Dreams is cool too.

I just got a bunch of older Ghostface albums. I love his stuff.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
more milli, zone, and fear. give those a listen.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
"Lights Please" as a single should be making news. Great topic.
That song is great, I love Show Me Something too.

Lights please is supposedly the song that basically got him signed when he played it for Jay-Z. Compared to all the other new kids in rap J Cole gets so little publicity but he is so good and has pretty good mass appeal (Blu is also awesome but I don't think he has the mainstream appeal)

I also like that he is more involved in the production of his own songs.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

J Cole gets plenty of publicity, you just aren't looking in the right places.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I stick to the script like I'm velcro /I'm classic when i spaz I'm like shell toes/ I talk in third person like Elmo
Old 02-16-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by yo123 : 02-16-2010 at 01:53 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
J Cole gets plenty of publicity, you just aren't looking in the right places.
I'm talking about compared to other artists in his "freshman class". But where are these so called right places? They must not be the places that get him attention from people who don't already know about him, which in the end equals little publicity. He isn't close to Drake and Cudi, even Wale was more well known before his album. Not that it is a direct sign of how much pub he gets but basically his best song Lights Please has only 140,000 plays on his myspace, Grown Simba has 160,000. Cudi was way higher than that even before MOTM, and Drake is in the millions every time.

He hasn't had the radio hits like Drake or Cudi so he hasn't had the recognition of the general public.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still Drake is my favorite
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote