Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Thing I've found with Jada is that he has incredibly bad beat selection. He is like Canabis on roids when it comes to picking bad beats.

Further than that there is a Busta or Luda vibe with him that he kills a single verse and has a unique voice but he rarely puts it down for a whole track which makes his albums seem kind of weak.

If he could pick a beat he could blow up, he has the talent and all but just so many bad beats. Probably a major reason that if you named like his top 10 tracks they are all features and freestyles...
I disagree with Luda. Theater of the Mind is a classic album IMO. Also IMO, the best one he has put out in his career. I wished Battle of the Sexes was just as good as TotM.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree with Luda. Theater of the Mind is a classic album IMO. Also IMO, the best one he has put out in his career. I wished Battle of the Sexes was just as good as TotM.
I've never liked a whole album of his, I actually think they have basically gotten worse the more he has released but I think that is mostly production more so than anything that Luda has done.

Also... his best albums can't match his beat features. Luda, Busta, Redman and Method Man are guys you can count on to kill a cameo. All have released some very good tracks on their own but I still think their best verses tend to come on features. No where near as much for Red & Meth though.

That's the great thing about music though, it is all in the ear of the beholder and as I said earlier, I am as much, if not more, about the beat as I am about lyrics and weak production can kill the best tracks. Joe Budden is a guy who if he ever got good beats would be incredible at the same time it is part of why Wu Tang were so good and haven't been lately(in my book).

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Loving Kids by Chiddy Bang.

Also loving Jay Rock and Nipsey Hussle. West Coast actually is making a bit of a comeback with those two and Game, though all 3 are very hit and miss for me, they seem to either pick awesome or awful beats and nothing in between.
its wild that you guys know who they are, i thought they were way more drexel located than they apparently are...they had some success in england so far but its nice to see kids getting some love
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

Sam Adams - Driving Me Crazy

not what i'd call rap. more of a mix of pop + rap (leaning more towards pop) if you'd ask me. but i thought i'd share. check it out. hope you enjoy.

also, sorry if its been mentioned already. none of my friends had heard it so i figured it wasn't all that well known yet. although it has climbed fairly high in the iTunes rankings i've noticed.

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yelawolf is sick

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2010...wale-x-j-cole/

Supposedly, Lupe, Ash Roth, The Cool Kids, Blu, Diggy, Wale, and J-Cole are all working on a 'project' together per Lupe's twitter.

That would be a project of mind blowing proportions...

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
its wild that you guys know who they are, i thought they were way more drexel located than they apparently are...they had some success in england so far but its nice to see kids getting some love
They keep on calling Kids "Opposite of Adults" over here, not sure if a legal thing or what, but either way I absolutely love that song.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Ovid
Rookie

Ovid could make a wolverine purr.Ovid could make a wolverine purr.Ovid could make a wolverine purr.Ovid could make a wolverine purr.Ovid could make a wolverine purr.Ovid could make a wolverine purr.

Outasights other album was one of the more disappointing CDs i've listened to lately.Check out Symmetry and Ryan Lewis if you like Outasight, I prefer them over him.

Ovid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Word of Mouf and Release Therapy were dope too.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe Budden is a guy who if he ever got good beats would be incredible at the same time it is part of why Wu Tang were so good and haven't been lately(in my book).
Joe got great production from the Clasix on MM3, and that tape is good. He's just not there as a technical rapper, and leans on current news punches and emo music to get by.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone here use Digital Drip/Hulkshare?

Reliable or anything else I should know about?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just listened to The Blueprint for the first time in a long time. Such a classic. Easily one of the best hip-hop albums ever.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cannot get this song out of my head...I'm also trying to find a torrent to Neako's Junk Food if anyone can find it...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Cannot get this song out of my head...I'm also trying to find a torrent to Neako's Junk Food if anyone can find it...

http://www.datpiff.com/World_Team_Ol....m94 677.html
Old 04-06-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kush x Orange Juice might be dropping 4/20 since he hasn't dropped it when he said he would be.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so pumped. Like everybody else I've been waiting for Dre to drop Detox since.....well, forever. Dre is releasing his firs single from Detox in two weeks. The track is called Under Pressure featuring Jay-Z. Should be sick. I'm not going to get my hopes up too high but Detox is expected to be released this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/dr-dre/50540

Last edited by TACKLE : 04-07-2010 at 02:18 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Detox was suppose to be released like 10 years ago hahaha.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines what the ***** up with this Wiz mixtape??????
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Hines what the ***** up with this Wiz mixtape??????
I don't know. He says he'll drop it when the time is right. Personally, I think it'll drop 4/20. It's only fitting.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Detox was suppose to be released like 10 years ago hahaha.
That's why I'm still cautiously optimistic. But with a single being released and for Dre to come out and straight up say the album will be out this year, is pretty reassuring.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Soundset 2010 I cant wait its about to be so sick

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drake concert in May yippeee

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post

Soundset 2010 I cant wait its about to be so sick

Indeed it will. Great lineup.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote