Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
also, is there anyone else here who recognizes that asher roth is a legit rapper? he gets so much hate because i love college just makes him seem like a tool, but i love his flow.
He also gets hate because he white and may or may not be ***.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I think we should just all accept different styles
(insert joke about segregation and equal rights here)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also, is there anyone else here who recognizes that asher roth is a legit rapper? he gets so much hate because i love college just makes him seem like a tool, but i love his flow.
Yeah Roth is actually pretty nice on the mic. He suffers from the same plague that Joe Budden suffers from for dropping Pump It Up as first single. Now everyone just writes him off as an MC and refuses to believe that dude is actually pretty good at this whole rap thing.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:16 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiddy Bang has moved up on my list and has broke my top 5 I like almost all his songs.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bonus song off the album I didnt hear until like last week. E-40 never disappoints

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Last edited by RaiderNation : 05-31-2010 at 12:58 PM.
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
EvilNixon, I get the impression that you put very little value into delivery. How the rapper says something is almost as important as what he has to say. The emphasis on lines, the clarity, the voice and the passion and intensity all take the rapper to another level. Maybe I don't want to open this can of worms but that's why a lot of people are very meh on Jay Electronica. He is lyrically very good, has deeper subject matter, is a good technical rapper and has a nice flow. But his delivery and emphasis are bland. I know that's just my opinion but I feel others on here share that opinion and that's why we aren't as high on him as you are. Anyone can read lyrics off a piece of paper but that doesn't make a someone a great rapper no matter how good the lyrics are. There are some rappers who rely on all delivery but come up short in lyrically. Jay Electronica, is the other way around. I know you feel differently and I'm not going to judge your favorite rappers because it's all about what you like. But I'm just saying why me and other posters on here find your opinions on the best rappers very questionable.
On which track? Not every track is meant to be energetic and hype. Voo Doo Man and Exhibit A are prime examples. The monotone mood works because they make the songs mood not because he can't do anything else.

The subject matter dictates every aspect of music creation.

EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wait, kanye has dropped four albums. his first two were good, he actually rapped. graduation was decent, he had two or three really catchy songs on that, but are you actually trying to say that 808's & Heartbreak was damn good or classic? that was actually one the worst albums i've ever listened to. i can respect you saying that his discography looks nice, but you said he'd be getting GOAT talk from you, which is ludicrous.

i don't dislike kanye, but i don't really consider him a rapper anymore, he's kind of a fusion of pop and hip hop, but after listening to power, it looks like he's going back to what he did early in his career. i actually don't think he ******* sucks, but i had to go hard with my argument because i thought you said he was one of the GOATs based on his music. i was also high as **** and it was almost insulting to me that you said that.

I have yet to meet anyone on the internet who didn't think College Dropout was a classic until now lol. Late Registration is more disputed from what I've seen, but it's filled with hits and concepts. I loved graduation. It was focused on being more catchy, but the music was banging. He's still underrated as a technical rapper. Particularly delivery and flow.

Tupac was a mix of pop and hip hop too. So was Biggie(later on) I think most successful raper start off with the struggle,drug type music then move to more mainstream friendly music.

How Do you Want it and Juicy,Big Poppa are prime examples.

Ash just fell off the face. He had nice hype because of the tape with DJ Drama, but after the album the buzz died.

Last edited by EvilNixon : 05-31-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.molenguinurtle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Late Registration is my favorite Kanye album, and the gap gets larger pretty much daily. College Dropout has my favorite Kanye song (Spaceship), and while I agree it is a classic, I feel like it's more of a Get Rich Or Die Tryin or Thug Motivation 101 classic than a Hell Hath No Fury or Below The Heavens one. Graduation has like maybe 5 songs that get rotation from me. 808's has one (Amazing).
Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

I don't see how it's not at least better than BTH. Blu is repetitive a lot, and the production became forced as you listen through.

Last edited by EvilNixon : 05-31-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all the Wiz mixtapes get better the more you listen to them. Kush and OJ is better the 5th time than the first, and im listenin to Burn After Rolling right now and it's fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I don't see how it's not at least better than BTH. Blu is repetitive a lot, and the production became forced as you listen through.
I disagree. Also, I wasn't comparing it to BTH because like I said, it's a different kind of "classic" in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

=? Don't get it. What kind of classic is BTH? i normally just group them all together.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

Basically what I'm saying is IMO there are classics in rap based on impact/musical quality, and there are classics based on lyricism. Obviously the best of the best albums have both i.e. Illmatic. GRODT, College Dropout, and TM 101 are not even remotely close to the top of the genre in terms of lyricism. 50, Jeezy, and Kanye are not amazing MCs and have never claimed to be, but each of their debut albums is extremely lauded for what it brought to the mainstream at the point of its release. Coincidentally, each album has numerous features where the main MC gets outshined. On the other hand, you have the Hell Hath No Fury, Food & Liquor, and Typical Cats's of the world which garner little to no mainstream success, but are revered lyrically by those that have actually listened to them. The MCs that make the latter actually consider themselves to be amazing at rapping and clearly make an attempt to craft great lyrics. Once again, we'll just have to disagree on BTH because you're clearly not as impressed by Blu as I am.

favorite Big Sean song.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

On what track did Kanye get outshine? =O
Old 05-31-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Nickelus F - Season Premiere (Mixtape)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qtmz2otjnyw
1. Fueled Up (Produced by Stefan Skeeter & Mario Brandan)
2. Season Premiere (Produced by Rich Kidd)
3. World Renown (Produced by Burd & Keyz)
4. Cold City (Produced by Stefan Skeeter)
5. Like This (Produced by Kid Icarus)
6. $$$ (Angles) (Produced by The Goodie Boys)
7. Simma Down (Produced by The Very Incredible Producers & Stefan Skeeter)
8. All Lat (Produced by The Engineerz)
9. Take You With Me (Produced by Sinopsis & Mario Brandan)
10. On My Sh*t (Produced by Absolute)
11. Aggessive Content (Produced by Plain Beats)
12. Stand Tall - Prod by Dub Sonata
13. Clap For Him (Produced by Stefan Skeeter)
14. What Am I Supposed To Do (Produced by Stefan Skeeter, Mario Brandan & Nickelus F)
15. Carpe Diem (Produced by Elite)
16. Credits (Reese Witherspoon) (Produced by Brad Ohblivion)
Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kayne has a lot of work to do before he gets in one of the best all time discussions
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't seen it yet, the track list for Recovery came out;

http://www.eminem.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=26485

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Primary Element:
Been listening to Swag Switch and Hello World.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
molenguinurtle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Kayne has a lot of work to do before he gets in one of the best all time discussions
Co-sign

Never Let Me Down, Get Em High, and I think everything else is at least arguable.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

waka flocka flame <3

**** you haters.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
all the Wiz mixtapes get better the more you listen to them. Kush and OJ is better the 5th time than the first, and im listenin to Burn After Rolling right now and it's fire.
I have only listened to OJ and Kush once, but I have listened to B.A.R. like 5 times now and I like it more every time, as well.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by molenguinurtle View Post
Late Registration is my favorite Kanye album, and the gap gets larger pretty much daily. College Dropout has my favorite Kanye song (Spaceship), and while I agree it is a classic, I feel like it's more of a Get Rich Or Die Tryin or Thug Motivation 101 classic than a Hell Hath No Fury or Below The Heavens one. Graduation has like maybe 5 songs that get rotation from me. 808's has one (Amazing).
I agree. Late Registration has always been my favorite Kanye album. Spaceship is one of my favorite rap songs of all time, I love it. I always loved See You In My Nightmare better than Amazing off of 808's. Graduation really didn't impress me at all.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
If you haven't seen it yet, the track list for Recovery came out;

http://www.eminem.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=26485
Man Im sure the track with Lil Wayne is going to be raw

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the topic of Kanye, thought I'd post my favorite song from each of his actual hip-hop albums. Kanye certainly does not belong anywhere near any GOAT discussion as a rapper but his production is incredible.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I decided today I don't really like Mac Dre that much. Am I going to hell?

Bonekrusher.

Quote: