Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-26-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer Adkins
OLB
5'11" 246

highschool: bench pressed 375, squated 505 and vertical jump of 37 inches. 4.4 forty.

ran a 10.7 100 meter dash*

Quote:
ADKINS SEIZES MOMENT

On Friday, linebacker Spencer Adkins took advantage of that moment, according to Cook and other players. Adkins played as a reserve in the middle and as a pass rusher in third-down situations, totaling 20 tackles and four sacks in 2008.

A muscular 5-11 and 230 pounds, Adkins said he was timed in the 40 in 4.43 seconds. His vertical leap was 36 inches. His shuttle-run time was 4.25 and he had 30 bench-press repetitions at 225 pounds.

''I obviously needed to show good things or my chances would be minimum,'' said Adkins, who is from Naples. ``I look throughout the league nowadays and there are a lot of dudes who didn't get drafted and are Pro Bowlers. That's the motivation I have.

'There were a couple questions about if I liked the inside or rushing off the edge. I told them, `It doesn't matter. Whatever you want me to do I'll be able to do.' I think [Friday] opened up a lot of eyes.''

Adkins was asked if he felt it was fair that so much is put into one day's work.

''For somebody who is about to get paid a lot of money and has to do a lot of things in pressure situations, I think it is fair,'' he said.
would be a great special teamer if nothing else. I think he started like 7 games.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-26-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good pick for a 6th, but I would have preferred follett

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who do we target in the 7th??

im thinking WR for sure.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

final pick coming up
Old 04-26-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice pick up in the 7th
Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Vacne Walker. Decent pick, probably going to be a PS guy though. Some upside as a rotational guy eventually, perhaps.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

pr0d1gy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vance Walker? Meh, could be solid, could be gone by preseason.

I like the OLB from Miami, he's a heck of an athlete and could turn out to be another late round gem....if he doesn't beat his wife.

I was kinda pissed about the Tackle from NC when there was 2 big time Guards hanging around, still.

Once again, I say I trust TD. I do like that we loaded up on linemen, even if they weren't the "best player available". I will be interested to see how those corners turn out. I honestly think they will determine how we look back on this draft.
pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we took 4 guys on the lines, 1 Linebacker, and 3 D-backs. I like it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
we took 4 guys on the lines, 1 Linebacker, and 3 D-backs. I like it.
How do you feel about both DT's being in that 6'2" 300 pound territory, after losing Grady?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im happy with the draft. Adkins has the speed, so maybe if the team can get him to become a smart player, he can become like a Manny Lawson of the 49ers.... if we are lucky.

That CB from Furman looks pretty good too. Itll be interesting to see which CBs get the big PT this year. Houston and Jackson seem to be 1 and 2, but after that, its really up in the air

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

There will be a lot of Battling for the CB spot. Only Chris Houston is secured. There will be 6 other guys at least, fighting for the #2 and nickle/dime.

I like the Adkins pick. If nothing else, he'll be a very good ST guy for a long time. Remember, boley was a 5th round pick, tho he was very productive in college. If the FO can teach this guy and groom him, he can be a steal for us in the 6th. The most athletic/strongest LBer in the draft. Good in coverage and blitzing. Reportedly ran a 4.3 forty. Im shocked with the workout numbers and for that reason only, im very hyped about him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hows it going boys?
I half expected us to take Jerry- he really didnt excite me as a prospect and i put no really work into researching him. His size and age render him somewhat boring as a draft prospect but im sure he is very solid and the front office has a plan for both he AND Babs

As for the rest of the draft OMG A+++. I loved it.

William Moore- We arent privy to the interview workouts and discussions but the front office believed he can be the player he was a Junior. As a junior he is a top 10 pick. Lets watch him become that player

Chris Owens- Would never complain about a CB TD took, its his speciality, maybe a reach. But no doubt we come to see him as a solid player. HAHA when we were on the clock here i remember going "sidbury sidbury sidbury sidbury" over and over and over again then a big "noooooooo"

Lawrence Sidbury-I was soo soo wrong about this. I actually would have wanted him in the 2nd if MJ wasnt still on the board. THEN HE IS THERE IN THE 3RD, and we PASS i was like whaaaaat! Then we get him in the 4th. My godness. i had everything crossed. Guys we got out immeadiate passrushing upgrade, not in the 2nd BUT THE 4TH!!

I love all the other picks too, huge faith in TE. Great young D Line rotation.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

True on that respect, at his age he is fully developed and will not need the year or two most linemen prospects need to mature into the NFL (i.e. do enough roids to catch up lol). Jerry could be a very good player for us for several years, maybe more if he shows that Rod Coleman/Warren Sapp ability to stay healthy and produce in the crunch. Imagine this pass rush coming for you this year on 3rd & 25:

Abe Babs Jerry Sidbury

Now tell me that isn't a massive upgrade already!

Last edited by pr0d1gy : 04-27-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

The best part of our D-line is its rotational depth:

DE: Abraham, Anderson, Davis, Biermann, Sidbury
DT: Babineaux, Jerry (Lee, jk) Lewis, Moorehead, Fraser, Walker

We'll probably keep 10 on the 53 man roster (my guess is Walker sticks on PS)

I would imagine that we'll have 8 or 9 on the 45 man active roster - hopefully 9m with 5 DE's and 4 DT's (on the basis that Anderson could also swing over to DT in the event of injuries).

Will be very interesting to see whether Biermann can hold off Sidbury. He has the advantage of a year's experience, but is less athletically gifted.

Or is it even possible that Biermann could get some reps at SLB??

All very exciting!! Bring on minicamp and training camp!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

Either way, it would seem like our pass rush has been given a huge boost by this draft and you have to like that.

Once again, our biggest concern is how are we going to stop a power running game? Without Grady Jackson our defense has been historically inept against the run, and BVG's defenses fared better at UGA when there were bigger DT's than they are bringing in there now that he is gone.

I have to say, I am a bit worried about stopping the run with our current lineup. Of course, the Giants D doesn't look like a great run stuffer on paper, so we may be following a similar 4-3 course to theirs.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
The best part of our D-line is its rotational depth:

DE: Abraham, Anderson, Davis, Biermann, Sidbury
DT: Babineaux, Jerry (Lee, jk) Lewis, Moorehead, Fraser, Walker

We'll probably keep 10 on the 53 man roster (my guess is Walker sticks on PS)

I would imagine that we'll have 8 or 9 on the 45 man active roster - hopefully 9m with 5 DE's and 4 DT's (on the basis that Anderson could also swing over to DT in the event of injuries).

Will be very interesting to see whether Biermann can hold off Sidbury. He has the advantage of a year's experience, but is less athletically gifted.

Or is it even possible that Biermann could get some reps at SLB??

All very exciting!! Bring on minicamp and training camp!

I think Biermann playing some LB is a very distinct possibility. Also, I read that we picked up Gerald Cadogan. I think this is a great pickup, and I like him a lot more than Garrett Reynolds. Scott has him as his top undrafted, and here is his scouting report. http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ld-Cadogan.php

I'd really like to see him take over Weiner's role.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've read at least 15 articles on all of the players we drafted. Lawrence Sidbury is the one person who keeps popping up, and here one of the articles i've read on him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042003227.html

If you can find some more or anyone, please post them in here.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-27-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think Biermann playing some LB is a very distinct possibility. Also, I read that we picked up Gerald Cadogan. I think this is a great pickup, and I like him a lot more than Garrett Reynolds. Scott has him as his top undrafted, and here is his scouting report. http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...ld-Cadogan.php

I'd really like to see him take over Weiner's role.
That would have been an amazing pickup, but i don't think we got him. All im reading is the panthers signed him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
That would have been an amazing pickup, but i don't think we got him. All im reading is the panthers signed him.
Well that sucks. They got two steals in him and Duke. I read on NFL Draft Bible that we got him. ****.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Well that sucks. They got two steals in him and Duke. I read on NFL Draft Bible that we got him. ****.
Everette Brown was also a very nice pick up for them in that second round, even tho they did give up a 1st in next years draft.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

here's a list of our UDFAs. Pretty good list, they're some guys who can actually make the roster. We got a lot of LBers batting for a spot.

http://atl.scout.com/2/860496.html

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

QUOTED FROM THE LINK GIVEN:

Maurice Lucas, DE, Colorado

HT: 6-4
WT: 265

Scott Eklund's Take: With his size and underrated speed (4.8), Lucas is a candidate to play as a standup pass-rusher in Atlanta's new 3-4 scheme. He totaled 107 tackles and only four sacks, but that had more to do with how he was used at Colorado and doesn't really speed to his athleticism. At times he disappeared from sight during games, but when he was in the flow he made plays. I had Lucas rated as a late-round selection just because of his athleticism, so the Falcons could have gotten themselves a real gem if they can find a place for

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, did I call that one or what?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0d1gy View Post
QUOTED FROM THE LINK GIVEN:

Maurice Lucas, DE, Colorado

HT: 6-4
WT: 265

Scott Eklund's Take: With his size and underrated speed (4.8), Lucas is a candidate to play as a standup pass-rusher in Atlanta's new 3-4 scheme. He totaled 107 tackles and only four sacks, but that had more to do with how he was used at Colorado and doesn't really speed to his athleticism. At times he disappeared from sight during games, but when he was in the flow he made plays. I had Lucas rated as a late-round selection just because of his athleticism, so the Falcons could have gotten themselves a real gem if they can find a place for

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, did I call that one or what?

We are going to play some more 3-4. Certainly not a full-time thing however.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
pr0d1gy
Rookie

Quote:
We are going to play some more 3-4. Certainly not a full-time thing however.
Which is what I have been saying we will do for 2 years now on various message boards. It fits our players better. Abe is a 3-4 OLB and having to play a down end is hurting his production, see Harrison & Ware. Lofton was very good at 4-3 MLB but would be ideal as a 3-4 run stuffer. Jammal is a 3-4 DE considering his lack of ideal explosion around the corner, etc etc etc. I've seen this coming for awhile.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0d1gy View Post
Which is what I have been saying we will do for 2 years now on various message boards. It fits our players better. Abe is a 3-4 OLB and having to play a down end is hurting his production, see Harrison & Ware. Lofton was very good at 4-3 MLB but would be ideal as a 3-4 run stuffer. Jammal is a 3-4 DE considering his lack of ideal explosion around the corner, etc etc etc. I've seen this coming for awhile.
Well, yes, but we're very limited in what we can do by the absence of a true 3-4 NT. Lewis can probably play the role on occasion, and you could even have Jerry in there on 3rd and 8, but we're pretty situtationally limited by our lack of a NT whenever there is any running threat.

However, on occasion, it could be deadly. Abraham and Sidbury/Nicholas/Biermann off the edge, plus Anderson, Babs and Jerry, with a Lofton blitz, would be pretty scary on 3rd and long.