Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-24-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree I have a couple others:

FS - Jeromy Miles - Umass
DE - Lindsey Witten - Connecticut
RB - Deji Karim - Southern Illinois
Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
I agree I have a couple others:

FS - Jeromy Miles - Umass
DE - Lindsey Witten - Connecticut
RB - Deji Karim - Southern Illinois
Karim was picked. Lets hope JA can pull his head out of his ass and pick one of our guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

damnit..lol

Here's an interesting tweet by BradBiggs

In 9 drafts (with 1 pick to go) #Bears GM Jerry Angelo has drafted 10 offensive linemen. Five have been in the 7th round.

lol..token lineman in the 7th?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

lol..token lineman in the 7th?
Like clockwork =).
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, OL...Not even one of the more talented guys on the board.

Great job JA, you had 2 solid picks. I liked the Wootten and the Wright was solid. The rest could have been better. A lot better.

Lets hope for UDFA players!

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Like clockwork =).
lmaoooooo Bingo!! Angelo..you didn't let us down buddy. lmaooo
Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lmaoooooo Bingo!! Angelo..you didn't let us down buddy. lmaooo
Tribune called it. Good lord 6'8'' 335 lbs. Dude is huge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...6422442.column

"New Bears offensive line coach Mike Tice is believed to covet Webb as a prospect."

Looks like a practice squad project.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Tribune called it. Good lord 6'8'' 335 lbs. Dude is huge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...6422442.column

"New Bears offensive line coach Mike Tice is believed to covet Webb as a prospect."

Looks like a practice squad project.
check this out. I really like what I hear. This is commentary on him on a blog months ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/19947285

Scouts info:

Webb is 6'8 335lbs and not an ounce of fat. He is steady and fast and has all of the intangibles of a perfect OT. He is a mountain and anchors his position extremely well. Very heady player that uses his hands and feet better than any OT playing the game. Scouts are still curious to know if he is the real deal because nothing seems to shake him. I think we'll be surprised to see him draft pretty high. The scouts seem to know who this kid is. Had an excellent game in the Texas Vs. The Nation game and didn't allow a single sack. He even had a FEW blocking tackles! Started as a freshman at University of Texas but transferred after academic troubles. Solid player and only allowed 2 sacks his whole career at West Texas A& M. Cousin of the great Richmond Webb!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

That is promising. I'll take it.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
With my boys off the board, I am satisfied with the Corey Wootton pick.
I don't mind Wooten, I guess. He's probably going to be a lot better than Mark Anderson. Unfortunately, Greg Hardy was on the board when we took him. THAT I have a big problem with.

Quote:
Moore...can't say I know much about him but NFL.com says he's a more physical, tackling type of corner.

Sounds like most everything else we have, but whatev. Special teamer this year at worst.
Moore doesn't have the skillset to be an NFL corner. Either Jerry's making his usual wasted mid round pick on a ****** corner or he's going to try to make him a safety.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple UDFA's I think we should try to bring in for competition purposes.

Donovan Warren CB Michigan
Brandon Lang DE Troy
Sergio Render G VT
Ciron Black OT LSU
Denario Alexander WR Mizzou
Stafon Johnson RB USC

All of these guys would be good training camp guys who could compete and beat out some guys on the roster.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

dawhizz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't mind Wooten, I guess. He's probably going to be a lot better than Mark Anderson. Unfortunately, Greg Hardy was on the board when we took him. THAT I have a big problem with.

Moore doesn't have the skillset to be an NFL corner. Either Jerry's making his usual wasted mid round pick on a ****** corner or he's going to try to make him a safety.
What about Moore keeps him from having the "skillset" to be an NFL CB? He can tackle. He had double digit PBUs in the last two years, so he at least has decent ball skills. He runs a 4.5 40, which is perfectly adequate for a CB. Have you actually watched any games he has played, or are you just basing your opinion on whatever scouting website is your favorite?
dawhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhizz View Post
What about Moore keeps him from having the "skillset" to be an NFL CB? He can tackle. He had double digit PBUs in the last two years, so he at least has decent ball skills. He runs a 4.5 40, which is perfectly adequate for a CB. Have you actually watched any games he has played, or are you just basing your opinion on whatever scouting website is your favorite?
Well in defense of these scouting websites, their owners (like this one) a lot of work into scouting players. So it would probably be pretty legitimate to have an opinion of a player based off of a guy like Scott Wright who knows football better than the die hards (like ourselves) because he knows what to look for and can recognize it.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Well in defense of these scouting websites, their owners (like this one) a lot of work into scouting players. So it would probably be pretty legitimate to have an opinion of a player based off of a guy like Scott Wright who knows football better than the die hards (like ourselves) because he knows what to look for and can recognize it.
Oh absolutely. I get plenty of my information from such sites and deeply value their input (since there's no way I can follow all the prospects). But there's a pretty significant difference between arguing someone wasn't the best fit, or best player available, and saying that the player absolutely can't be an NFL CB, which seemed to be what the OP indicated. My point was simply that there are plenty of other reports that indicate Moore can be productive as a CB at the next level, and to completely write him off by saying he doesn't have the skillset to be successful is ridiculous.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
A couple UDFA's I think we should try to bring in for competition purposes.

Donovan Warren CB Michigan
Brandon Lang DE Troy
Sergio Render G VT
Ciron Black OT LSU
Denario Alexander WR Mizzou
Stafon Johnson RB USC

All of these guys would be good training camp guys who could compete and beat out some guys on the roster.
Lang and Warren could be some undrafted guys who would be nice to have....but I bet every team thinks that.

Adam Ulatowski, the Texas RT, is a guy who might be worth a look as an UDFA. Not the most athletic guy in the world but well experienced against top competition and it's a position of need.

All that said, expect us to stock up on small school DBs, lol.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

UDFAs signed so far:

Lawrence Wilson, DE, Ohio State
Brandon Minor, RB, Michigan
Freddie Barnes, WR, Bowling Green
Quentin Scott, S, Northern Iowa
Matt Mayberry, LB, Indiana
Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard good things about Barnes but I've also heard that he's super slow. No one else there really jumps out at me as anything more than camp fodder and practice squad bodies.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The draft could have been worse. Could have been much better.

Wright is an ok pick and will likely be a starter.

Wooton was good value at a big position of need.

Moore was a bad pick. Can't sugar coat that.

LeFevour will be a good pick if he gets a Tebow package. I could see him helping out in the red zone.

Webb has a ton of upside/starting potential. Can't ask for more than that out of a 7th rounder.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

LeFevour will be a good pick if he gets a Tebow package. I could see him helping out in the red zone.

Webb has a ton of upside/starting potential. Can't ask for more than that out of a 7th rounder.
I'm on the same page with you on this one regoob. I'm not angry but I'm not jumping out of my seat at Wright. They made a safe pick with him.

Wootton was a great pick. This is one of the only picks I can see what they were looking at. I had my preferences to continually add another solid depth player for the secondary, AOA, I cannot be in any way upset with this selection. Moore is definatelly our WTF pick. I hope he proves me wrong but until then I see this guy being cut by the end of training camp. Lefevour I'm on the fence with. Sure many people were high on him but fact of the matter was there were other players we could have made a move for. Its all personal preferece but in the end many people see a possibility of him being a good competitor for Chad Hanie. Lastly the Webb selection I really like. As you stated you cannot expect a ton with this pick. Chicago reached on a limb and selected a guy who we could be talking about for years. I really hope he comes through as scouts and his cousin have stated. All in all I give this a soso draft.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

For all the people who dislike Joshua Moore, can I ask what it is based on? Have you seen him play? I'm honestly wondering. I've seen plenty of evaluations that say he was good value in the 5th. PFW had him as a 3rd/4th rounder, Sporting News has him ranked 12th in CBs, CNNSI gave him a 4th round grade, Scott's rankings had him ranked around where he went, Sportsline had him at a 5th round grade, just to name several. You can point out his lack of reps, but he had high tackle numbers at Kansas State and managed to get a good number of PBUs, so he must have some strength. Why does everyone seem to hate this pick?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I've heard good things about Barnes but I've also heard that he's super slow. No one else there really jumps out at me as anything more than camp fodder and practice squad bodies.
Freddie Barnes did well in the East West Shrine Game. he was selected to go to the Senior Bowl but he decided to opt out to work on speed training for the combine/pro day. If someone can work with him with his seperation I think he could still be a solid prospect. The guy has great hands. I just hope we give the guy a real opportunity to shine because he catches everything. I have a feeling he's going to get the Mike Hass treatment. Maybe not.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

The good news is that we can actually look forward to next April and the draft. The last two years have been tough to watch due to the Cutler trade.

I didn't have any expectations for this draft at all. I am pleasantly surprised with what we ended up with however.

Wright/Wooton isn't bad. Both are probably 2nd round talents and we got them picking at #75 & #109.. not bad.

Hopefully Angelo is gone next year. I look forward to a draft without him making the choices.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might have gotten 2 starters (Wright, Wooton), 3 if we're lucky with Webb. So given what we had to work with, I'm okay with this draft.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I am a Michigan fan so take it for what it's worth, but if Brandon Minor could actually manage to stay healthy, he could really be a pretty good NFL back. Problem is, he's never actually stayed healthy for an entire season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I am a Michigan fan so take it for what it's worth, but if Brandon Minor could actually manage to stay healthy, he could really be a pretty good NFL back. Problem is, he's never actually stayed healthy for an entire season.
I've always had similar thoughts about Minor and I dislike Michigan.

He would have to play special teams to make the team however. And even though Wolfe is a joke of a RB - he is a good special teams player.