Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Buccaneers 2010 Draft Thread

Who do you guys want with our top 10 pick? Some pretty good prospects at some positions of need. Here's some to keep an eye on.

Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State
Damian Williams, WR Southern California

Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida
Everson Griffen, DE Southern California
Greg Hardy, DE Mississippi

Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska

Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas
Travis Lewis, OLB Oklahoma
Mark Herzlich, OLB Boston College

Trevard Lindley, CB Kentucky

I like the potential of the WR class. Also some good DEs could be coming out next year, should be a deep class there and DT. CB seems kind of week as far as elite prospects go.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Eric Berry. He's a ****ing beast.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by DJC : 04-26-2009 at 08:03 PM.
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Sam Bradford

but seriouly Askew is getting old and i dont like what we got in terms of depth so I am going to have to go with

TEBOWZZZZZZ
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like Bradford as well, but seeing as Josh Freeman will lead us to the promised land, I think Bradford would be a bad pick

I like Benn, Bryant or Berry

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o hai guyz!

Allen Bailey, DE, Miami.
6'4" 290+
4.65 40
405 Bench
565 Squat
375 Power Clean

I can haz?

Those other DEs are also nice. Gerald McCoy for sure. Demaryius Thomas at WR. One of those Florida DBs maybe.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As tempting as the WRs are, next year is the perfect time to get another big boy on the dline. I have a good feeling that Roy Miller will eventually develop into a starter so getting a talented DT next to him would be incredible. McCoy, Suh, Oghobaase, Granger... who am i missing?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selvie would be cool.One of the Wideouts could be nice too.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:44 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
As tempting as the WRs are, next year is the perfect time to get another big boy on the dline. I have a good feeling that Roy Miller will eventually develop into a starter so getting a talented DT next to him would be incredible. McCoy, Suh, Oghobaase, Granger... who am i missing?

Marvin Austin - I'm not a fan but w/e
ALLEN BAILEY
Geno Atkins
Torrey Davis (possibly)

McCoy is the crowning jewel though. No one comes close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, etk, have you heard of Allen Bailey down in Miami?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Well, after reading etk's last post, I would have to say he has.........
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-10-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?
Almost certainly.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

I'd add Russell Okung.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I actually hope we get a top 8/10 pick next year. Realistically, I don't think we're a playoff team right now. I don't think we're nearly as bad as people make us out to be (the same ones who will undoubtedly call our defense "old" for the 10th straight pre-season, or contradict themselves when they say we lost all our relevant players), but I don't really know that we're going to be able to crack the top 6 in the NFC. Especially with the Falcons and Panthers on the rise, their great running games, and our poor showing against the run last year.

But when I think about that, I don't really know what the difference between winning 8 games and winning 5 games is when you don't make the playoffs. I think you can show improvement without winning, so it's not like I'm rooting for us to be bad. I just hate it when we don't make the playoffs, like last year, and have a poor draft spot to boot. You're not contending for a championship and you're not getting the highest caliber prospect to help you get there, it's a bad match. I'd rather win a couple less games and be able to draft a cornerstone to the defense than to win a few more and be left in middle of the first round squalor again.

A McCoy, Dunlap, or Suh would go a long way to helping us become more than a bottom tier pass rush team. Could you imagine Adams and Dunlap bookends? Or a rotation of Suh, Miller, and Dre Moore?

We aren't really a team to make bold moves and we aren't really draft day thieves when it comes to trades, so I can't see us ending up with those types of players unless we are already in position to do so. I also like Benn and Bryant, but I think the defensive line is the main concern going forward. I'd also like for us to take a look at someone like Rico McCoy or Sean Weatherspoon. I think we still have some work to do at LB, and I'm not buying this Flip talk until he proves it there.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I agree with that whole post aside from the LB comment. I don't see LB as being a need next year and I'm not a big fan of McCoy or Weatherspoon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

McCoy's a stud, etk. You're missing out.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

He's awfully small. I don't see him as being a significant upgrade over Geno Hayes.

His coverage instincts are so-so as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He's awfully small. I don't see him as being a significant upgrade over Geno Hayes.

His coverage instincts are so-so as well.
Hayes is smaller. McCoy has until the combine to get to 225/230. Hayes still might not be at that bulk by next year. I think he's pretty good in coverage...
Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

My concern would be that OLB is not a premium position in this scheme. All the action is sent to the MLB. The OLB's are just a bunch of guys. I wouldn't consider one in the 2010 draft until the 3rd round.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside linebacker is an interesting position going into the draft. We could either find ourselves with absolutely zero need, assuming that Phillips pans out, Crowell comes back successfully from injury and Hayes, Black and Hayward all show they have the ability to start.

Unfortunately the complete opposite could also happen leaving us with a gaping hole.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote