Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-26-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Welcome to Denver Rookies

1-12: RB Knowshon Moreno
1-18: DL Robert Ayers
2-27: CB Alphonso Smith
2-38: DB Darcel McBath
2-64: TE Richard Quinn
4-114: S David Bruton
4-132: G Seth Olsen
5-141: WR Kenny McKinley
6-174: QB Tom Brandstater
7-225: C Blake Schlueter
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Bra.....

ndstater

Perfect NFL QB size, decent arm strength, good smarts. Future Broncos star? I'd like to hope.

I like all the picks except for McBath and trading next years first.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The running game got a nice boost from this draft. Orton has an enviable cast surrounding him... hopefully he can hold up his end of the bargain.

It will be interesting to see what McD can do with Brandstater. The price was low and we've got time to develop him.

I thought McD's comments about liking Smith and McBath because of the ability to get their hands on the ball to be very encouraging. We clearly need to generate more turnovers and both these guys have the opportunity to learn from the best. Given that Smith is going to have the monkey of the lost 2010 first rounder on his back, I'm rooting like hell for him to succeed.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So after Moreno was selected I got a chance to hear him speak on Denver radio. The Kid gets asked if he knew precisely how much interest Denver had in him, or if he knew they were going to pick him. The Kid's answer was that he had never spoken to Denver. Half an hour later McDaniels is interviewed and he goes on and on about what a bright kid and teriffic human being the kid was during all of their meetings with him and that he was certain, because of that, that this was the correct choice. So we have the kid saying he never spoke with Broncos or DMcDaniel, and McDaniel vouching for the kid personally.

Somebody was lying in regard to a high profile player and his relationship to the club and the coach. Now where did I hear that before.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Moreno's presser:

Quote:
On meetings and workouts with Broncos prior to the 2009 NFL Draft

"It went really well. Went to Denver and met the coach and the coaching staff and met a lot of the players, I was excited about that. And I can't wait to get there for good and workout."
So give it a rest, rascal.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I never heard Moreno say "I've never talked to Denver" I heard him saying how he was excited to go to Denver. I'm excited to have him too, he was my favorite college back.

Now we just have to put up with a few weeks of crap from ESPN about taking another running back and trading next years first. The draft grades will be bad.

At least we are filling needs in UDFA. Baker was a great addition.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
At least we are filling needs in UDFA. Baker was a great addition.
I think it's funny that we'd probably get a better draft grade if we selected him at the beginning of day 2, but we won't get any credit for picking him up as a UDFA.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Moreno in a Broncos uniform and in McDaniels' offense. Also the last time Denver picked up a Georgia back, he was decent.

Hey now every team in the AFC West has a 1st round RB.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Moreno in a Broncos uniform and in McDaniels' offense. Also the last time Denver picked up a Georgia back, he was decent.

Hey now every team in the AFC West has a 1st round RB.
The last TWO actually worked out pretty well. Olandis Gary was pretty good. And Terrell Davis was a superstar.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Gary, lol.

And obviously I was trying to be a bit sarcastic, thanks for noticing!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing Moreno in a Broncos uniform and in McDaniels' offense.
I think the fit is perfect. McD reiterated at the Day 2 press conference that the blocking scheme would be zone + some pulling, which I think will suit our new addition very well. He'll also have the opportunity to catch a lot of balls from the spread formation.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WELCOME KNOWSHON MORENO
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far, the UDFAs we have signed are..

Chris Baker
Lee Robinson
Domonique Johnson
Everette Pedescleaux
Tony Carter
Travis Shelton

Am I missing anybody?

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

This list seems to match what I've seen reported elsewhere:

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/...t_tracker.html

Quote:
DENVER BRONCOS
WR Nate Swift, Nebraska
WR David Grimes, Notre Dame
WR Travis Shelton, Temple
WR Lucas Taylor, Tennessee
TE Marquez Branson, Central Arkansas
OT Stanley Bryant, E. Carolina
DE Everette Pedescleaux, Northern Iowa
DE Rulon Davis, California
DT Chris Baker, Hampton
LB Lee Robinson, Alcorn State
P/K Britton Colquitt, Tennessee
CB Tony Carter, Florida State
CB Domonique Johnson, Jackson State
Shamelessly stolen from the OMane, here some of the scouting summaries:

Quote:
3.10 WR Nate Swift, Nebraska 6-1.5, 203, 4.67
Swift is a reliable pass catcher with a consistent game. He lacks the measurables to be anything other than a fifth receiver at the next level, yet he does the little things well enough to find his way onto a roster.

WR David Grimes, Notre Dame 5-foot-10, 4.5 secs

WR Travis Shelton, Temple 5-foot-11, 185 pounds

2.99 WR Lucas Taylor, Tennessee 6-0, 185, 4.58
scouts expected much more from Taylor this year after a terrific junior campaign. He possesses the size and skill to be a fourth receiver at the next level, yet he must immediately produce in camp this summer to have any chance of making a roster.

3.34 TE Marquez Branson, Central Arkansas 6-2, 247, 4.62
Branson has been a playmaker for Central Arkansas and is a classic move tight end that would be effective in a system such as the one run by the Denver Broncos or Indianapolis Colts. Creative offensive coordinators may also line him up at H-back and Branson has the skills to compete for a job at the next level.

3.23 OT Stanley Bryant, E. Carolina 6-4.8, 280, 5.15
Bryant is an athletic prospect who possesses the footwork and skill to play on the weak side at the next level. His game is still rough around the edges, and Bryant needs time to physically mature, yet he is a very solid developmental prospect.

3.43 DE Everette Pedescleaux, Northern Iowa 6-4.5, 300, 4.98
Pedescleaux is a physically talented prospect with an NFL body and the ability to get bigger and stronger as he physically matures. He's a streaky player who seemingly turns it on and off at will, disappearing at times after he's made several game changing plays. Pedescleaux offers the skill to be used at several positions on the defensive line, including a two-gap system. If he dedicates himself to football and concentrates on the task at hand, he will be successful.

3.49 DE Rulon Davis, California 6-4.5, 281, 4.92
Davis is an athletic lineman who makes a lot of plays in every direction of the field when he's in the lineup. He possesses terrific size, growth potential, and has the ability to start as either a two-gap end or in a conventional system opposite right tackle. He will only get better as he physically matures and receives more playing time on the field, yet Davis must start to show durability if he's to ever meet his potential.

3.58 DT Chris Baker, Hampton 6-2, 320, 5.04
Baker comes off a tremendous junior campaign in which he looked like a one-man show, and he created a lot of opportunities for his team with the ability to be a disruptive force. He?s an athletic player with good size and one who could eventually develop into a starter at the next level if he keeps his focus on the field and stays in condition year-round. Baker is likely to be drafted much later than his talents warrant, but he is definitely a player to get excited about.

3.53 LB Lee Robinson, Alcorn State 6-2.5, 249, 4.68
Robinson is an explosive linebacker best playing downhill. He possesses the size, skill, and mentality to be used on the inside of a 3-4 defense.

P/K Britton Colquitt, Tennessee 6-foot-3, 205 pounds
The punter with the roller-coaster history makes the third Vol on the Denver shopping list. This isn't a bad place for Colquitt as the current punter for the Broncos is a fairly new guy himself. McDaniels wants to place a priority on special teams, so a solid showing could very well net Colquitt a new NFL home.

3.18 CB Tony Carter, Florida State 5-9, 163, 4.52
Carter has been a solid starter at Florida State, yet he has a slight build and really does not possess the skills to be anything other than a dime back in a zone system.

3.31 CB Domonique Johnson, Jackson State 6-1.5, 197, 4.60
Johnson is a nice-sized defensive back best facing the action in a zone system or backed off the line of scrimmage in coverage. The ability to play effectively at safety only adds to his attractiveness. Johnson is the best small-school defensive back in this year's draft, and he offers a large degree of upside potential.

Last edited by Diehard : 04-27-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Dammit Diehard...I was coming here to do the exact thing with the UDFAs lol

Rulon Davis is the player I'm most exited about, him and Baker definately have a chance to be starters sooner rather than later. Davis was a marine for 3 years and served time in Iraq. An athletic guy who comes in with lots of discipline. Pedescleux also has the ability to contribute on the line. I'm feelin pretty good.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Dammit Diehard...I was coming here to do the exact thing with the UDFAs lol
Heh heh... I've got this **** covered, bro.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default UDFA update

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=562693

Quote:
Lindsay H. Jones, of The Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos have signed undrafted free-agent RB Kestahn Moore (Florida), WR David Grimes (Notre Dame), WR Travis Shelton (Temple), WR Lucas Taylor (Tennessee), WR Nate Swift (Nebraska), TE Marquez Branson (Central Arkansas), OT Stanley Bryant (East Carolina), OT Marcus Gordon (Kentucky State), DE Rulon Davis (California), DE Everette Pedesscleaux (Northern Iowa), CB Tony Carter (Florida State), LB Lee Robinson (Alcorn State) and P Britton Colquitt (Tennessee). Terms of the contracts were not disclosed.
Add in Chris Baker and Domonique Johnson (who were reported earlier on KFFL), and we've got 15.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

yah...15 is the official number from the Broncos site too.

As long as Baker can keep himself out of trouble, I think he can be a super stud.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Chris Baker is a steal.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
broncofan4lyfe
Rookie

broncofan4lyfe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't be surprised to see WR Lucas Taylor to at least make the practice squad. Rumor is that he had gotten his 40-time down a lot over the post season, and he had a pretty good year a junior at TN. Also, Britton Colquitt has the tools to make the team as a punter. But he will have to attend his AA meetings to try to avoid his 6th D.U.I.
broncofan4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:54 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

I have never in my life seen a Head Coach run a team into the ground as fast as this guy has. Terrible ! Terrible ! draft. Shanahan use to spit on rb's, this new guy takes them 12th LOL.