Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-28-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Goose you live in mexico.

Also who named it swine flu, sounds like it came from pigs.
Yes.

and...

It did. Supposedly when they were imported from another country.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

"I disagree with your opinions, thus, I will resort to name calling!"
the only people that agree with that nutjob opinion is a bunch of no-good PETA fruitcakes.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
You're suggesting that fear will help people not be scared?
My thought is that a) fear-mongering in the media will be minimized after a legitimate scare and b) people will be less responsive to scare tactics after having dealt with something that was legitimately worth fearing. Not likely but I haven't been able to watch the news on TV in years, I think a real threat might halt the public panic agencies called Fox News and CNN.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Since we're acting smart; insinuating that human beings as a species could use a catastrophic event just because you're unhappy that we're killing the whales or drilling for oil is in fact a bitchass thing to say.
Nice inference. I had no idea that Brent disagreed with the killing of whales, seems pretty weird since we went baby seal clubbing together for spring break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
the only people that agree with that nutjob opinion is a bunch of no-good PETA fruitcakes.
Just an FYI but I tend to agree with Brent on this point and I think PETA are one of the most evil groups on this earth. Humans > Animals, yeah I said it.

Last edited by Mr. Hero : 04-28-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
Nice inference. I had no idea that Brent disagreed with the killing of whales, seems pretty weird since we went baby seal clubbing together for spring break.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Seal's scars come from when he was a baby, whiffle-bats FTW
Old 04-28-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A second school here has swine flu. Both of these schools are walking distance from here. I'm getting a bit more nervous about my own health.

The bigger problem is also walking distance from these two schools are....... four other schools.

Not including the fairly nearby St. Johns University.

Last edited by Crickett : 04-28-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

I'm thinking I should get and spread the virus that's up here. You know, freak peope the **** out until they realize that the strain up here is barely stronger than your common flu.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Media fearmongering at its best, the developed world really doesn't have much to worry about. It has been responding to 2 different antivirals and they are working on a vaccine.

This isn't going to change my life in any way.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah sure buddy and Conficker is going to fry my computer...

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I named my disease Swine Flu on Pandemic 2 and gave it typical flu symptoms. I've killed 1,543,691,311 in just over a month. This is obviously a perfect gauge for the seriousness of what is going on in the world now.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Yeah sure buddy and Conficker is going to fry my computer...
Y2K FTW.

I'm glad i live in the jungle. All i have to worry about is ebola and super aids.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Y2K FTW.

I'm glad i live in the jungle. All i have to worry about is ebola and super aids.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I named my disease Swine Flu on Pandemic 2 and gave it typical flu symptoms. I've killed 1,543,691,311 in just over a month. This is obviously a perfect gauge for the seriousness of what is going on in the world now.
Now I kinda want to go do that lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
**** Madagascar. Seriously.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Company that follows Diseases' twitter:

http://twitter.com/Veratect
Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
My thought is that a) fear-mongering in the media will be minimized after a legitimate scare and b) people will be less responsive to scare tactics after having dealt with something that was legitimately worth fearing. Not likely but I haven't been able to watch the news on TV in years, I think a real threat might halt the public panic agencies called Fox News and CNN.
That doesn't ring particularly true with what I've seen from us as a country. The greatest and most successful fear mongering moments in recent US history have all come during moments of legitimate fear (fear of Communism once the Russians acquired the nuclear bomb and fear of the Middle East after 9/11).

When people are generally afraid, they are more receptive to being afraid of what people tell them to be afraid of. So I think your idea would backfire horribly.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
It took me weeks to take that country down.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got this email on my UTK email from the chancellor.

Quote:
As we begin finals and prepare for commencement ceremonies and activities, I want to take a moment to provide a brief update about the ongoing swine flu situation.

I want to assure you that the health and safety of our campus community is our foremost concern and that our campus plan takes a proactive approach in the event the current outbreak should worsen.

We have heard from some students and parents, as well as employees, who have valid concerns and questions about the developing international situation. It is important to note that current medications have been effective in treating people who have become ill from the virus and no deaths have occurred in America. We are currently monitoring the situation on an hourly basis through the Knox County Health Department, which works directly with state and federal health officials on the latest information and instructions for the general public.

Currently, no adjustments have been made to any university schedule or planned campus activities.

Our campus Pandemic Influenza Response Plan follows Centers for Disease Control guidelines. The plan gives me latitude to take immediate action if the virus continues to spread among humans and begins to cause severe and sustained illness among members of communities. Any action would be taken out of an abundance of caution to protect our students, faculty, staff and visitors. The plan - which is a companion to the campus Emergency Management Plan which is described at http://safety.utk.edu - relates to public health emergencies and specifies key equipment, resources and personnel needed for this response.

Student Health Services advises that all members of our campus community take special care to follow proper hygiene procedures to avoid becoming ill. More information is posted online at http://web.utk.edu/~shs/. Additional information also can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/.

Students who have flu-like symptoms should first call and speak to a nurse at the Student Health Service at (865) 974-2262. The clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. The key determinant in diagnosing flu is a temperature at or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Students requiring after-hours attention should also call UT Medical Center at (865) 305-9000. Students who are ill should stay home and rest and avoid contact with other people.

I will provide more information if conditions worsen or if we receive more specific information that affects our campus and requires that we take additional action. I hope that you have a healthy and safe conclusion to this semester and enjoy the many related events that we have planned.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

When you get this one;

Quote:
Run for your lives. Every man, woman and child for themselves.
Signed,
The Chancellor
Be worried.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Mexico ? yes.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West Nile virus
Mad Cow disease
Avian bird flu
SARS

Now enter swine bird flu. Next thing you know it'll be some kinda dragon bird flu.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A handfull of people have died. People die from the flu every day. People die from the flu shot! The media's just doing fear mongering because news is slow right now. Is it a pretty badass flu? Sure. Is it the end of humanity? No.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit//on second thought, this ain't worth it.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote