Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some Buc's draft thoughts...

When we first drafted Josh Freeman I hated the pick, but after looking into the kid he looks good to me. He moves great for his size, is tall and can make all the throws. I also like the fact that his OC was the HC of Matt Ryan. And when you look deep down at it we have Leftwich, McCown and Griese all nice backups. But now we have someone THAT COULD trun into a top ten QB we know the other guys can't.

I also like the picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds. When you look back last year and ask yourself what we needed. I always said, get bigger and get stronger. I think we did that with these picks... Roy Miller can put up 500-pound bench press, a 690-pound squat and a 350-pound power clean. This guy has strength. And Kyle Moore was the 6 foot 5 280 pounds nice size can get to the QB and can kick in and rush the passer on 3rd down. Could of got more sacks but was playing a lot of two gap at USC this year so they could free up there great LB's.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Josh Freeman goes, I've been on his bandwagon for the last 3 months or so. I had him rated as my #2 QB behind Stafford so I was very excited when we were able to take him in the first round. He gives us a legitimate franchise option and I just hope for his sake he isn't thrown out there too early.

You are also right about the mid rounders. Neither of them were super stars heading into the draft, but both have their own roles on this defense. They also have a swagger to them that I really like.

I'm very excited to see how this draft pans out from the 1st round (Freeman) right through to the 7th round (Stroughter).

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats a draft thread without pics?!?!

Da Golden Boy

Best DT in da '09 draft

Kyle "gimme some" Moore!

Da 'X' Factor

Mr. Dade County

and my favorite of them all

Mr. Sam da Man aka Steve Smith Jr. aka Sammie da 5'9 aka no one on the field got swagger like mine

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the Josh Freeman PC. This dude can talk. I think his leadership is definitely a strength of his. They were showing some highlights too. Pocket collapsed, rolled to his left, while running towards the left sideline with a flick of the wrist threw a 60 yard bomb right on target. Another interesting stat about him; last season he was only sacked 13 times, less than the amount of rushing TDs, 14, he had.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
Just watched the Josh Freeman PC. This dude can talk. I think his leadership is definitely a strength of his. They were showing some highlights too. Pocket collapsed, rolled to his left, while running towards the left sideline with a flick of the wrist threw a 60 yard bomb right on target. Another interesting stat about him; last season he was only sacked 13 times, less than the amount of rushing TDs, 14, he had.

Freeman's minimal sack numbers are very impressive. Like many others, I have never actually seen a K State game, but there is a general consensus that their oline was awful. Freeman's ability to keep plays alive longer will prove very valuable in the NFL.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
As far as Josh Freeman goes, I've been on his bandwagon for the last 3 months or so. I had him rated as my #2 QB behind Stafford so I was very excited when we were able to take him in the first round. He gives us a legitimate franchise option and I just hope for his sake he isn't thrown out there too early.
There's the 1st real explanation you've given for being on his bandwagon, and it's not very descriptive. I'm still not sure why you like him as you haven't really explained yourself.

Freeman's OC wasn't the HC of Matt Ryan. The HC of Matt Ryan will be his OC. I agree that Coach Jagodzinski (and Logan) is a great addition to our staff, but that has little to do with whether or not Freeman was a good pick. Jags can help Freeman succeed, but he can't force him to be a good QB and it also doesn't mean that Jags couldn't develop other QBs.

Even if Freeman turns out to be a great QB, I'll still look back on the draft and think: "Man, if we wanted a QB that bad why didn't we trade up for Sanchez?" The discrepancy between the 2 is huge and the cost was relatively low for NY to move up. The fact that we likely had Freeman as the #1 QB on our board is concerning (for future drafts/FA periods).

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did not have a 2nd round pick though... and Mangini knew a bunch of those Jet players that they got.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh no, the Bucs fans are already in denial and accepting Josh Freeman. This is awesome.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
oh no, the Bucs fans are already in denial and accepting Josh Freeman. This is awesome.
I'm offended Dunagan. I've been in jubilation since the draft!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
We did not have a 2nd round pick though... and Mangini knew a bunch of those Jet players that they got.
Yeah, I'd have to say Mangini's familiarity with the Jets' front office and personnel was what made that deal go through. I'd imagine any other team would have to cough up a lot more to move up.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
oh no, (most of) the Bucs fans are already in denial and accepting Josh Freeman. This is awesome.
As Bucs fans we have to accept Josh Freeman. He's our 1st round pick. After watching the 2 ALL PASS videos that MLR graciously provided I'm a bit more warm to the selection. I'm not giving up all hope and announcing him a bust like I wanted to initially, but I think the odds are in favor of him struggling to cement himself as a reliable QB. There's a lot to like and a lot to dislike about Freeman. I'm pretty neutral at this point but I wish him the best. If he improves his decision-making, learns to progress through his reads and look off receivers...he'll be great. That, however, is no easy task.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea was correct, but the player not so much. But hey, I hated the Matt Ryan pick last year for the first 45 minutes and look now!! Matt Ryan eats defensive schemes for breakfast, so ya never know.