Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When holding a team to 4.3 ypc is "limiting" then your in trouble.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If it was up to me, people would have a hard time convincing me not to take a DE and DT within the first 3 rounds. In my opinion, defensive line depth is the most important aspect of a team, behind the QB. We saw glimpses of what happens when our front 4 is consistently fresh and can get push against the OL in the Miami game where we sacked Pennington 4 times and 'limited' the RBs to 4.3 yards a carry. We also saw what happens when you have a deep DL when you see the Giants defensive success is built off of that. Getting a better pass rush and holding up at the point of attack from a strong defensive line is going to help our pass and run defense.
Problem I see there is those guys just don't grow on trees, there aren't many of them out in the league.

What about Peppers when he leaves Carolina?
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully a pass rusher hits FA. That's something we need to be all over.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Hopefully a pass rusher hits FA. That's something we need to be all over.
We have 3 "pass rushers" we need an every down guy
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
We have 3 "pass rushers" we need an every down guy

We really have one. We've got two nice projects in Sidbury and Biermann, but it'd be nice to add an person who can bring it on every down at LE.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team needs to have Babineaux and Jerry split 50/50 next year and find some 310-320 lbs. run stuffing beast to play at NT.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The team needs to have Babineaux and Jerry split 50/50 next year and find some 310-320 lbs. run stuffing beast to play at NT.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Then sub those 2 in on pass rush downs...nasty packages. Honestly, Walker can become that NT we want, and so can Lewis, but if we could land the kid from Oklahoma...*drool*
Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
This is what I'm thinking as well. Then sub those 2 in on pass rush downs...nasty packages. Honestly, Walker can become that NT we want, and so can Lewis, but if we could land the kid from Oklahoma...*drool*
No chance unless we lost every single game for the rest of the year. McCoy is a top 5 pick at worst top 10. I'm thinking we'll be picking somewhere in the 20s. I think we should look to draft either an outside linebacker or corner. I'm loving Curtis Lofton right now BTW, he's 2nd in the NFL in tackles at the moment. He'll be a stud for years to come.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Yeah, Lofton is killer, but Nicholas is solid out there, we can't afford to replace Peterson's leadership yet, plus I really think we have something in Spencer Adkins, I mean I know he's super raw, but that's the good thing, he didn't get ruined by college coaches, he's raw and coachable with physical ability to spare.

With this many DTs coming out there's no telling how high/low some guys will go, not every team has a need at the DT spot, and I know he's a special player, but we've seen other special players fall in the draft as well. I don't think we'll have a shot at him, but McCoy in Falcons red and black would be sweet.

I also think we have to pick up a running back this year, not in the first round, but a change of pace back in the 3rd round would be very very nice. Then again, if a top RB slips down the draft boards for some reason, we could afford one in the first, look what Dallas has done, that's a nasty rushing attack. I know we have bigger needs, but sometimes if you have a special player in your lap, you gotta take em.

A big run stuffing force would be huge for our defensive line, so if Walker and / or Lewis can step up this year, I'm all for them being that guy and spending a first round. My favorite LB in college football is a freshman though, not seen that many play like him. Check the link in my sig. #7 from ASU...kid has it all. I really like Norwood but he's prolly too big to be a 4-3 OLB he may have to be a 3-4 Rush end.

Sig didn't show up for me. Here's the link:
http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...vontaze00.html
Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

What do you guys think of CJ Spiller? I'm not sure how high he'll get drafted, but with Norwood showing he can't stay healthy, we need that dynamic speed threat back in our backfield to take some of the pressure off Turner and make teams wonder. I really like this guy, he basically replaces Norwood with Norwood 2.0, He's slightly faster (at least the times we have on them atm) and he's even more capable as a return guy. Don't get me wrong I really like Norwood, but if we don't re-up him we need to get someone to do his role. Even if we did pickup Norwood's contract, would it be such a bad thing to have Norwood learn how to play in the slot behind HD? Norwood was viewed as a WR by many teams, and we've used him out as a flanker before. Spiller is built more like a runningback, Norwood is just incredible any time he touches the ball though. I dunno what to think! But I do think CJ Spiller should be an option for us (if he'd even be available 3rd round)
Old 10-06-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Spiller is the top running back of the class right now. You won't draft him in the 3rd and get him backing up and returning kicks.
I know Norwood can be unhealthy a lot, but we still might end up resigning him. Snelling is a very valuable back as well. I will hold all talks on this position until the middle/end of the year since no one is running the ball well for us right now.

CB is the clear need right now. We also must get another OLBer to replace peterson. I hate to say this, but I would not mind drafting another DT in the first round.

We really need one right now and guys like GERALD MCCOY, NDAMUKONG SUH, MARVIN AUSTIN will not wait till the 3rd round. They all got size and would fit perfectly.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Peterson is fine. I've been quite happy with our linebacker play thus far. It's only going to look better if we had a DL that doesn't get constantly pushed back. Get me some more DL talent.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson had some nice plays but he messes up a lot.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I'd be happy for us to draft DT again in the 1st, unless we get a quality free agent. You can never have enough good big men.

No way we're getting McCoy, and Suh is also unlikely (though stranger things have happened). However, I would be happy with Austin, and I would also be quite happy if we drafted Mount Cody (it's not likely that we'd grab such a one-dimensional player in the 1st round, but I'd really like to plug him in and just say, f-you, you're not running on this down...)
Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Suh > McCoy.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I'd be happy for us to draft DT again in the 1st, unless we get a quality free agent. You can never have enough good big men.

No way we're getting McCoy, and Suh is also unlikely (though stranger things have happened). However, I would be happy with Austin, and I would also be quite happy if we drafted Mount Cody (it's not likely that we'd grab such a one-dimensional player in the 1st round, but I'd really like to plug him in and just say, f-you, you're not running on this down...)
I disagree.

Austin is overrated as can be, he makes no plays and is physically made up like our current two DTs.

Cody is also overrated and wouldn't fit in our scheme.

Suh and McCoy are beasts, but they both go top five in my opinion.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'd much rather get an impact defensive end. Someone who can make plays in the running game. Just try and add a solid DT that can rotate with Babs and Jerry via FA and draft an end.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 10-10-2009 at 03:29 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

screw u guys, trade the house for Eric Berry haha
Old 10-11-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

hey guys, is there any place i can get a full game replay?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm now on board for getting a DE. while Anderson can shut plays down sometimes, he has proven to me he needs to play DT... fatten him up to over 300 and throw him in the DT rotation, then draft a DE and a DT with our first 2 picks. I want us to bring in either Greg Hardy or Derrick Morgan. 2 guys who play LE in college and can get pressure. something we haven't ever drafted. LE's who can get pressure. we normally just take RE's and try to flip them.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know our DL has been kinda ehh this year, but they have been ok, Bierman is making an impact and we will get Peria back.

Right now we need serious help in the secondary. Not sure the range we will be picking but agin its gonna be lower than 20 so that may rule out Joe Haden, whom I love, and def the 2 safties Eric Berry and Mays.

Im not too sure how good Patrick Robinson is from FSU but we need serious help in the secondary (still have no idea why we let foxworth go) Grimes is terribad.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post

Im not too sure how good Patrick Robinson is from FSU but we need serious help in the secondary (still have no idea why we let foxworth go) Grimes is terribad.

Supposedly we offered Foxworth more money. He just wanted to be closer to home. I give TD credit for having a figure in mind and sticking to it. I really feel as if we get an impact LE our secondary is going to look a lot better. And as much as I love him and the plays off help him, Abraham isn't going to be around forever.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Supposedly we offered Foxworth more money. He just wanted to be closer to home. I give TD credit for having a figure in mind and sticking to it. I really feel as if we get an impact LE our secondary is going to look a lot better. And as much as I love him and the plays off help him, Abraham isn't going to be around forever.
Hmm didnt know that. But true bout TD, like it alot. In that case, Abe doesnt have much juice left we know, thats why I was hoping Sidbury would show a little promise to buy us a year or 2, w/ Bierman stepping up we at least have a few guys that can step in.

I mean the DL is helped out by the secondary and vise versa, in this case, w/ our secondary, we have to expect a sack in like 2 seconds..
Old 10-12-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Hmm didnt know that. But true bout TD, like it alot. In that case, Abe doesnt have much juice left we know, thats why I was hoping Sidbury would show a little promise to buy us a year or 2, w/ Bierman stepping up we at least have a few guys that can step in.

I mean the DL is helped out by the secondary and vise versa, in this case, w/ our secondary, we have to expect a sack in like 2 seconds..

I agree that we need someone else back there too, but I'm much more a fan of building in the trenches. And supposedly, Foxworth hasn't played well at all in Baltimore.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree that we need someone else back there too, but I'm much more a fan of building in the trenches. And supposedly, Foxworth hasn't played well at all in Baltimore.
Ya ATL, I wouldnt be opposed to a DL either since one position will help the other in theory.

With that said can we get a thread started about some guys we could be interested in with our first pick..Don't worry about where we pick lets just throw some names out there.